Sherwin-Williams

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Question – What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you a set offer plus bonus.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – phone interview that is one hour with recruiter
than one hour interview in person at heaf office

Interview Question – Explain a time you had a difficult customer and how you turned the situation ino a psitive outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiatin for the entry level

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews in which the interviewer asked very typical questions for that scenario

Interview Question – Give one instance of something going wrong in work and what you did to turn it around.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

Interview Details – applied online, contacted by recruiter, set up phone interview. all behavior type questions related to customer service. set up a store visit with local store. super laid back and informative. lasted an hour. they send you a list of questions to ask and you go right down the list. email recruiter thanking him. then you will have another phone call with him, asking if your still interested. next, you set up interview with district manager, formal-suit, last an hour and more behavior questions, more in depth questins about yourself to see if youd be a good fit. email recruiter again thanking him and keeping him updated after every step. Offer the next day for 41,000. you start making salary the first day you start working even when youre training.

Interview Question – strenghts, weaknesses, overcame adversity with customer, excel at customer service, sales experience, sell boss on something, worked with non-cooperative, respond to angry customer, tunred negative into positive   Answer Question

Burlington, VT

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very laid back and relaxing. Interviewer asked basic behavioral questions. There were two rounds, first a phone a screening with corporate HR and then face-to-face with district manger in the hiring area.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult for me since our college trained well in interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations happened over the phone. The hiring manager did come up some in salary.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by human resources and asked to apply for a position. A phone interview was set-up and it went well. After that, a store visit (second interview) was scheduled and went well. I e-mailed the human resources representative that I was very interested and she responded that she forwarded my information to the managers and should hear back for an interview with them. Two weeks went by and I never heard back. I e-mailed the human resources representative to request feedback and have never heard back. No response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Questions are quite typical. What are your future goals? What are your ideal positions (1st, 2nd, 3rd)?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty structured, first interview with HR over the phone, then in person, and finally with the store manager or regional director. Overall rather standard, there was no panel-type interview involved. There were some odd questions that didn't have much to do about the position or company, which i assume was to get a better perspective as to who you are as a person, but they definitely felt forced. Overall, though, a pretty straight forward process.

Interview Question – What impression would someone have of you in the first 5 minutes of speaking with them?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the right fit

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter calls and does a phone screening interview, if they find you to be a good fit they call you in for a 1:1. After that if they think you are good fit they send you to a "store visit" where you go the nearest Sherwin-Williams store to see what the job is really like. Once you have done the store visit you report to the recruiter which then schedules a meeting with the district manager/city manager. You meet with him and it all goes from there, he decides whether or not you'll be hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was relatively easy for the Management Training Program. Had a 1 on 1 interview with the corporate recruiter. Was encouraged to visit a local store to understand the business and ask questions. After that an interview with the District Manager. Offer was given within 1 week of final interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with confrontation with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for entry level position.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!