Sherwin-Williams Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Generally you have to drive to the district office of the store you are attempting to get into, depending on how far the drive it. Personally I've made over 6 hour drives for interviews. The District Managers are almost always pleasant, easing going, friendly and make the process easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint, how did you handle it, was the issue resolved and was the customer satisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It takes about a month. You will be called by a recruiter and if you have a friend who works there have them push your resume. Second interview is a store interview so you can see if you like the place and then you will meet with the Distric Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to be apart of Sherwin? How do you handle difficult customers ? How do you work under stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of several personal questions followed by some professional experience related questions. I was asked to do a background check and also asked to do a drug test. Everything went very well overall. After the interview process, I was given an offer below what my requirements were. We negotiated a salary for about one hour, but finally I decided that they couldn't match my expectations. I decided not to pursue the job opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went through a phone screening process in which I had spoken about my past experience, level of education, and any type of past management experience. Then, after I was called to schedule my date for the 1 to 1 interview with the District Manager, I had to go into the district office. I was asked a series of question pertaining to past experience and education level again. After, this line of questioning most of the interview was focused on how I would help the store and generate more leads to increase accounts and revenue.

Interview Questions

• What is your education level?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone screening the next week and was told that I performed well and they wanted me to visit the district store in Orlando, Florida. I drove out there a little over 2 weeks later and interviewed with the city manager who told me I asked some pretty high level questions and he seemed pleased with me. A week after that I received another email prompting me to visit a local store in Gainesville to complete a store visit there. I visited the appropriate store and walked through a guide with the store manager. He was very informative and friendly and I left when we were finished there. I was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you struggled with something and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Phila, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

first i was asked for a phone screening interviewed, then I set up a one on one with one of the city managers, then I was scheduled to visit a store and was interviewed by store manager and assistant. Then i had a follow up phone interview, and last I had an interview with the district manager. In my opinion the interviewing process was way too complex and long, and is not that way for everyone, I heard of other co workers that by passed all the interviews, and were hired because they knew someone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

They ask you questions like: Why do you want to work for Sherwin? Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? You have phone interview with recruiter, face-to-face with store manager, then city and district manager. A lot of interviewing but can't be nervous be sure of yourself, and brush up on the position you are applying for as well as the company. They like to know you can take instruction well as grow within the company because they are looking for managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time with a customer and what did you do to solve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orange, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process. The area HR recruiter interviews you with basic questions. Then you visit one of the stores to get the feel of what the job actual entails. Interview with the City Manager for the final one to get hired. Always ask a lot of questions as upper management wants to see that you are interested and continually learning through every process of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

The whole interview process took about 6 weeks. There was a preliminary over the phone interview, a site interview where you talked with a store manager at a training store, and then finally a face-to-face interview with the district manager. Each round of interviewing was extremely basic and easy to pass. As long as you are honest and interested in the position, you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions

• None were very unexpected. Pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation