Sherwin-Williams Automotive

Sherwin-Williams Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate III Interview

Interview

They came to me. Took a drug test and physical. Went to one interview They made a lot of promises that they have not kept. It takes about two weeks to a month in order to complete the process a lot of paperwork is filled out they do a background check and a credit check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was promising but they don't keep their promise. They told me about the benefits that they would give me. They said it's a great place to work.

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrensville Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive (Warrensville Heights, OH).

Interview

The process was very quick from start to finish. Everyone I interviewed with was very professional and not overbearing. They kept me in the loop the entire time and actually let me know about their decision on the date they told me they would. Personally, I was very impressed by that professional courtesy!

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, how did you do at your last job, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Just excited to get a job after months of interviewing with random companies.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in August 2014.

Interview

Had to take a very comprehensive test was going through a staffing agency (oasis) never heard back about the job the guy from the agency was on vacation the week after the test.

Interview Questions

• If a three phase motor driving a pump is running the wrong direction how would you fix it?   1 Answer

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive (Fresno, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on Fresno State Campus, encouraged to apply online. About a week later I received an email telling me they want to do a phone interview. Scheduled the interview and got the call the next day at 12 noon on the dot. Spoke for about an hour about myself, my career, and future goals. After the phone interview I was told I would next receive an email to schedule an in store personal interview with a Branch Manager. I got a call from the District Manager instead and he invited me to lunch with him and a Branch Manager for a formal/informal interview. We talked again about my future, they basically filled me in on the position, answered all questions I had. They left it up to me if I wanted to continue to pursue a MTP position. I said yes, they said the Western Sales Manager would call me in a few days for a last interview. He called, we spoke for another hour and he formally told me I would receive an offer via email. A few days later I received my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, I felt like the offer was adequate.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in March 2011.

Interview

Lengthy but only had two interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty much take it or leave it.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied to the job as an internal candidate. It took about 1 month to schedule an interview finally followed by two months of waiting to hear what would happen. It took my own HR department calling wondering if I was going to get the job for them to finally make the decision and pass the word on as "no"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you were dealing with an angry customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most challenging thing you have completed?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in August 2009.

Interview

Sherwin likes to promote from within.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little room to negotiate.