Sherwin-Williams Automotive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Training Program Interview

Management Training Program
Fresno, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter on Fresno State Campus, encouraged to apply online. About a week later I received an email telling me they want to do a phone interview. Scheduled the interview and got the call the next day at 12 noon on the dot. Spoke for about an hour about myself, my career, and future goals. After the phone interview I was told I would next receive an email to schedule an in store personal interview with a Branch Manager. I got a call from the District Manager instead and he invited me to lunch with him and a Branch Manager for a formal/informal interview. We talked again about my future, they basically filled me in on the position, answered all questions I had. They left it up to me if I wanted to continue to pursue a MTP position. I said yes, they said the Western Sales Manager would call me in a few days for a last interview. He called, we spoke for another hour and he formally told me I would receive an offer via email. A few days later I received my offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, I felt like the offer was adequate.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in March 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy but only had two interviews

Interview Question – A lot of personality questions and customer examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much take it or leave it.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the job as an internal candidate. It took about 1 month to schedule an interview finally followed by two months of waiting to hear what would happen. It took my own HR department calling wondering if I was going to get the job for them to finally make the decision and pass the word on as "no"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you were dealing with an angry customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the most challenging thing you have completed?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in August 2009.

Interview Details – Sherwin likes to promote from within.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – little room to negotiate.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams Automotive? Contribute to the Community!