Sherwin-Williams Automotive

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.5

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in August 2014.

Had to take a very comprehensive test was going through a staffing agency (oasis) never heard back about the job the guy from the agency was on vacation the week after the test.

Interview Questions
    • If a three phase motor driving a pump is running the wrong direction how would you fix it?   Answer Question

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in February 2014.

Met with a recruiter on Fresno State Campus, encouraged to apply online. About a week later I received an email telling me they want to do a phone interview. Scheduled the interview and got the call the next day at 12 noon on the dot. Spoke for about an hour about myself, my career, and future goals. After the phone interview I was told I would next receive an email to schedule an in store personal interview with a Branch Manager. I got a call from the District Manager instead and he invited me to lunch with him and a Branch Manager for a formal/informal interview. We talked again about my future, they basically filled me in on the position, answered all questions I had. They left it up to me if I wanted to continue to pursue a MTP position. I said yes, they said the Western Sales Manager would call me in a few days for a last interview. He called, we spoke for another hour and he formally told me I would receive an offer via email. A few days later I received my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, I felt like the offer was adequate.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in March 2011.

Lengthy but only had two interviews

Interview Questions
    Pretty much take it or leave it.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in September 2010.

I applied to the job as an internal candidate. It took about 1 month to schedule an interview finally followed by two months of waiting to hear what would happen. It took my own HR department calling wondering if I was going to get the job for them to finally make the decision and pass the word on as "no"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you were dealing with an angry customer, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most challenging thing you have completed?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams Automotive in August 2009.

Sherwin likes to promote from within.

Interview Questions
    little room to negotiate.