Sherwin-Williams Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied through online and through career fair, got a phone call from HR manager to set up interview at school. It was suppose to be a phone interview at first, but decided to meet me in person. As I passed the first interview, I was designated to a store in which I interviewed the store/assistant managers and asked them questions based on a sheet. I then was asked about the store visit. Then, you are interviewed by the District Manager. Then, was given notice after two days I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Strengths/Weaknesses? Asks questions on your resume What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Application

Interview

I met with some Sherwin-Williams reps at a career fair at my university. I left a good impression and was contacted two weeks later to arrange a Skype Interview. A week and a half later was an interview with two managers at the district office followed by a brief exchange with the district manager, who offered me a position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was recruited at a career fair at school. went on to a store visit, followed by a pretty basic phone interview with the recruiter then finally with the district Manager. they were very fast at getting back to me. fairly easy interview question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Davenport, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was laid back. Phone interview then interview with manager and district manager. After interview with district manager, a offer was made. Tried to negotiate my hourly pay but it didn't work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful interviewing experience. I went into the Corporate Headquarters and everyone was very professional, but also laid back. I was asked all behavioral questions and I had a feeling that they wanted to really get to know me more as a person than about my skill set. I did not attempt to negotiate my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

4 week process. Heard about the opportunity through an on-campus recruiting event. 1st interview was behavioral, very straightforward. From there I was put in touch with the Area Manager to schedule a day of shadowing. There was about two weeks between this and the 1st interview. A few days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your former employer, what would they say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Lawton, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for internship program and I got a mail for scheduling the phone interview. It was HR interview and it was very typical HR-interview. They asked me all common questions such as my strengths, weaknesses and conflict management techniques. They had definitely gone through my resume, but did not ask any specific questions

Intern Interview

Interview

Received a phone interview first, followed by an in person interview with the district manager. People were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an idea that was initially rejected, then you convinced them to go through with it.   Answer Question