Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lawton, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details – Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Interview Question – what do you think you can add to our company   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details – 4 week process. Heard about the opportunity through an on-campus recruiting event.

1st interview was behavioral, very straightforward. From there I was put in touch with the Area Manager to schedule a day of shadowing. There was about two weeks between this and the 1st interview. A few days later I received an offer.

Interview Question – If I were to call your former employer, what would they say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interviewing experience. I went into the Corporate Headquarters and everyone was very professional, but also laid back. I was asked all behavioral questions and I had a feeling that they wanted to really get to know me more as a person than about my skill set. I did not attempt to negotiate my pay.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – I applied for internship program and I got a mail for scheduling the phone interview. It was HR interview and it was very typical HR-interview. They asked me all common questions such as my strengths, weaknesses and conflict management techniques. They had definitely gone through my resume, but did not ask any specific questions

Interview Question – Why should Sherwin Williams hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – Received a phone interview first, followed by an in person interview with the district manager. People were very friendly.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had an idea that was initially rejected, then you convinced them to go through with it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – I was just shocked that the interviewer was not in formal attire. I found the interview way too informal and that threw me off a little. Also, the job posting asked for bilingual candidates but did not ask any relevant questions about it.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you solved a recent problem and how that improved the situation   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an e-mail a few days later about scheduling an interview. The interview was a phone interview with someone in the HR department in Georgia. All of the questions where about you and behavioral questions. After the interview she let me know that she was going to interview other candidates and get back to me.

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2011.

Interview Details – Screening interview, then over-the-phone, then store visit, then final interview with district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

La Habra, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions both during the face-to-face interview and phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as pay rate was firm

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with easy, behavioral based questions. Second interview was with a district manager, relatively short and almost no questions asked of me. Much like a conversation about opportunities with the company, interviewer's career track, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!