Sherwin-Williams Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I met with some Sherwin-Williams reps at a career fair at my university. I left a good impression and was contacted two weeks later to arrange a Skype Interview. A week and a half later was an interview with two managers at the district office followed by a brief exchange with the district manager, who offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Columbus, OH).

Interview

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Davenport, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was laid back.
    Phone interview then interview with manager and district manager.
    After interview with district manager, a offer was made.
    Tried to negotiate my hourly pay but it didn't work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your career goals?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful interviewing experience. I went into the Corporate Headquarters and everyone was very professional, but also laid back. I was asked all behavioral questions and I had a feeling that they wanted to really get to know me more as a person than about my skill set. I did not attempt to negotiate my pay.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

4 week process. Heard about the opportunity through an on-campus recruiting event.

1st interview was behavioral, very straightforward. From there I was put in touch with the Area Manager to schedule a day of shadowing. There was about two weeks between this and the 1st interview. A few days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your former employer, what would they say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Lawton, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for internship program and I got a mail for scheduling the phone interview. It was HR interview and it was very typical HR-interview. They asked me all common questions such as my strengths, weaknesses and conflict management techniques. They had definitely gone through my resume, but did not ask any specific questions

Intern Interview

Interview

Received a phone interview first, followed by an in person interview with the district manager. People were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an idea that was initially rejected, then you convinced them to go through with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was just shocked that the interviewer was not in formal attire. I found the interview way too informal and that threw me off a little. Also, the job posting asked for bilingual candidates but did not ask any relevant questions about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you solved a recent problem and how that improved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Norfolk, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail a few days later about scheduling an interview. The interview was a phone interview with someone in the HR department in Georgia. All of the questions where about you and behavioral questions. After the interview she let me know that she was going to interview other candidates and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing with your degree?   Answer Question
    • What do you plan on learning/getting out of the internship?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you stepped up to be a leader when you really didn't have to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your favorite presentation you've given.   Answer Question
    • What's the best idea you've given to a leader or manager?   Answer Question