Sherwin-Williams

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

There was 2 rounds, the first was a phone interview. Pretty basic questions - tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Second round was in the office, again pretty easy interview, just a little more in depth about yourself. Half of the interview is spent with the guy telling you about Sherwin and what he does/what you'll be doing.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Intern Interview

I had a wonderful interviewing experience. I went into the Corporate Headquarters and everyone was very professional, but also laid back. I was asked all behavioral questions and I had a feeling that they wanted to really get to know me more as a person than about my skill set. I did not attempt to negotiate my pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

4 week process. Heard about the opportunity through an on-campus recruiting event.

1st interview was behavioral, very straightforward. From there I was put in touch with the Area Manager to schedule a day of shadowing. There was about two weeks between this and the 1st interview. A few days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call your former employer, what would they say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Intern Interview

I applied for internship program and I got a mail for scheduling the phone interview. It was HR interview and it was very typical HR-interview. They asked me all common questions such as my strengths, weaknesses and conflict management techniques. They had definitely gone through my resume, but did not ask any specific questions

Intern Interview

Received a phone interview first, followed by an in person interview with the district manager. People were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had an idea that was initially rejected, then you convinced them to go through with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I was just shocked that the interviewer was not in formal attire. I found the interview way too informal and that threw me off a little. Also, the job posting asked for bilingual candidates but did not ask any relevant questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you solved a recent problem and how that improved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2012.

I applied online and received an e-mail a few days later about scheduling an interview. The interview was a phone interview with someone in the HR department in Georgia. All of the questions where about you and behavioral questions. After the interview she let me know that she was going to interview other candidates and get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you plan on doing with your degree?   Answer Question
    • What do you plan on learning/getting out of the internship?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you stepped up to be a leader when you really didn't have to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your favorite presentation you've given.   Answer Question
    • What's the best idea you've given to a leader or manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Basic questions both during the face-to-face interview and phone interview.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as pay rate was firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2011.

Screening interview, then over-the-phone, then store visit, then final interview with district manager

Did not negotiate