Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – The process began by speaking to a recruiter at my college's career fair. I was asked to interview the following day. The next step was traveling to the company's headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. I interviewed with three managers. I received an offer three days later.

Interview Question – Explain to me a time you encountered a problem that there wasn't necessarily a clear-cut decision making process and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position, but not given a guarantee as to where I would be located to perform my job.

Internal Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2013.

Interview Details – Younger members of their current auditing program visited my college career fair and set up on-campus 1st round interviews for the following day. The 1st round was just a 1-on-1 and the interviewer reading questions from a packet. Very basic behavioral questions. Within a week I got an email that two members of the audit management team were coming back to campus for 2nd round interviews. This round was two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. The more senior interviewer held a conversation only interview while the younger guy asked more packet questions. Told me they would let me know within two weeks and I got a call exactly two weeks later

Interview Question – Name a time when you had an issue with a member of your team   Answer Question

Internal Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews

Interview Question – What was one of the hardest challenges you have ever face, professional or personal, and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internal Auditor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at campus fair. Had two rounds of interviews on campus. The first was with a senior auditor and the next was with HR.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you came up with a unique way to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Met recruiters at a Career Fair and gave them my resume. They called me later that day and offered me an on-campus interview the net day. Very easy and laid back with all behavioral questions. Still in process of interviewing at their headquarters in Cleveland, OH.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics of this job?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went to a spring career fair on my campus. Had very little knowledge of position before attending fair but was very impressed with what Sherwin-Williams and the position had to offer. Talked at the booth and the recruiter wanted to know if I could interview the next day, I was not available so they suggested an interview after the fair. First interview went extremely well immediately followed a second interview with a supervisor. I was very impressed when I found out the recruiters would be my actual boss's.

Interview Question – How and why are you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations, but I did not really try since benefits and compensation are good for a new graduate.

Toledo, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at the job fair for my school. I was contacted a few weeks later for an on campus interview. The interview was not very stressful. I felt like the questions were easy and the interviewer was enjoying it as much as I was. Spent a little time going over my resume, then talked about the job description, asked me behavioral questions, and finished with my questions.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. "Tell me of a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor."   Answer Question

Internal Auditor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus at school

Interview Question – Interview was straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Interview Details – I only had a phone interview and was not called back for an in-person, bu the phone interview was pretty simple - just standard questions like: what experience do you have in this area, why are you interested in this position, what is your greatest weakness, and goals.

Interview Questions

Internal Auditor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Was offered an on campus interview first. Interviewer read through a packet of basic behavior questions. Got call for a second interview where they talked to me more about my resume and character followed by more behavior questions. The second interview I meet with two supervisiors one after the other. Almost a month later I recieved an offer.

Interview Question – Discribe a time where you were in a grey area and the rulews were not clear.   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!