Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Met with store manager 20 minutes. Reviewed past jobs. Job is relatively simple and drivers are difficult to come by so interview is brief. He submits paperwork and waits a week for background and dmv checks. 1 to 2 days training and then you are on your own.

Interview Questions

• Will you obtain a CDL Hazmat license which we pay for and generously reward?   3 Answers
    • Can you cope with lifting 40-70 pounds everyday, walking thru mud and other unstable grounds?   1 Answer

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was first a phone interview and it went very well. it was very conversational and she was a very friendly lady. She explained the job in great detail and was very helpful. She answered any question that I had, and was very relate-able. I had a good experience and i was invited to the next step of interviewing.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

It was a 4 step process. First a phone interview with a recruiter, if that goes well you are invited to do two store visits where you interview the store management. Then you have a follow up phone call about those visits, if that all goes well you have a brief phone interview with someone in HR. Past that step you are invited to a final formal face-to-face interview with your district manager. If that goes well then you receive a formal job offer!

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Normal, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended my college's career fair and met with a hiring representative at that time. She was very informative and energetic. I was asked to attend a "Meet the Firm" event. Following a great, informational event, I was asked to follow-up for a personal interview. At this point, I met with the branch manager who asked about my background, education, and experience. He was very friendly, pretty funny, and passionate about the company. I was contacted the next day with notice that I received the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you had to overcome and how can it apply to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, very general questions such as, why Sherwin Williams, why you chose your major, what leadership skills you have.

Although I was reached out to the company because of my resume, I replied and I got another reply 1 week later. We set up a phone interview, it went great the lady liked me and said she wanted me to continue on to the next interview with the store manager. She said she will get back to me within 3 days
    A week passes I call and email, and never got back to me' it been a month and still no word to bad for them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for them   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Hickory, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Seems like a very family oriented organization with a focus on the employees as an asset to the company unlike many of their competitors. Have not finished the multi step interview process.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Littleton, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience and I actually learned some things, hiring required three steps a phone interview by a talent acquisition manager, then an open house interview where you tour a nearby store and are more in a group interview with three to four managers including the district manager which helped me for my interview. Then your third interview is meeting with the you guessed it district manager who I had met at the open house where they get to know you as a person more so than anything. The interview process did not really feel like an interview more so a 1 on 1 class and getting to know you.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Phone interview, standard resume questions, nothing unusual. Spent the first part just talking about what the responsibilities of the position were, what the culture was like at the company. Interview was very short overall (around thirty minutes in total).

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied though the career site at my university and got an interview for the day after the career fair. The first interview was pretty straight forward some questions about my resume and about myself then into behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...). The recruiter told me I was moving on right then. The next step is a store visit where you basically interview a store manager using a packet of questions they send you. After that the recruiter called me and asked some question about what I learned and what surprised me about the store/position. He told me I was getting a final interview with 2 city managers, the district manager was supposed to interview me too but he was sick that day. The final interveiw was similar to the first, more extensive about my resume and some more behavioral questions (time you made a mistake, how you worked with a difficult person). I got a call the next morning with an offer. Its an extensive process but they really make sure it'll be a good fit for both parties. Everyone seemed super friendly and they dont leave you waiting for a decision which is nice!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mtp Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Athens, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

College recruiter, 3-4 week process, phone interview, got called the next day. In store interview with the district manager. Currently in process. Overall every person I talked to was extremely nice, feels like they really wanted to get to know you. Really passionate about the work they do. Want to make the best out of their employees