Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

DPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I dropped off my resume with management and followed up with a phone call. Later I was called back for an interview. Once I got there I filled out an application and started the interview. During the interview we discussed my professional goals, experience, and about the position. After leaving management gave me a call to come back in to the store where we discussed pay. We negotiated and after i decided to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans as a professional?   1 Answer

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I met with the Facility Manager and the Operational Manager for the interview. They asked me question regarding my work experience, what I was looking for in a company. All the standard questions . They briefly described the job duties and what they were looking for in a candidate. They told me how many candidates applied and how many candidates were being interviewed. Once the interviews were conducted. There maybe a second interview. They asked me what I thought about the job.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of days later via email. A Skype interview was scheduled for the following week. The recruiter said she would be in touch within a week. I followed up via email about a week later and received an automated message that she was on vacation. I have not heard from her since (this was a few days ago).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you turned a customer's experience from a negative to a positive.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I was called for an interview. The day of the interview, I came into the store and I asked to see the hiring manager. I was told he had left for the day but the other manager was there. So I interviewed with that manager and he wasn't prepared to do an interview. But it was super relaxed and fun. He asked me a few questions and I asked more about the position, then he offered me the job and I started a week later.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Direct, informative, passionate, and enthusiastic. The Manager who interviewed is still with Sherwin Williams. Because of that one Manager, I knew this was a place I wanted to grow in. Made me feel assertive, confident, and really wanted to push me to success.

Interview Questions

• Paint is universal, but at the same time brings us closer together. What does paint mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Huntington, IN).

Interview

Manager didn't even look at my resume or ask me many questions. He and his assistant just were looking for someone to fill in for them during their upcoming vacations.

Information Technology Professional Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied through the college career service that I was attending, as well as through Sherwin-William's HR website. I was contacted by email for an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was general behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). I moved on to the in-person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two people. One person asked more behavioral questions and the other person asked technical ability questions. The interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical CompTia A+ questions. "How would you find an IP address...?"   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First I sent in the online application and the next day I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. We set the phone interview up for the same week in which she called at 12pm. The phone interview lasted amost an hour. She asked me about my resume, how I dealt with an issue with a coworker, customer service, and what I thought my strengths and weaknesses were. Also she asked how I would rate my leadership skills. After that she recommended me to go to the store visit in which I did the following Monday. I printed out this long packet in which I had to sit with the store manager and assistant manager to help me fill it out. This was a good experience which lasted a little bit more than an hour. During my store visit, it was very quiet in the store and a customer came in that was a little edgy. The store manager was a little sassy with him and talking about him when he left. Very professional. After the store visit I called the recruiter and told her I had finished this step. She asked me ten minutes worth of questions and then passed me onto a f2f with the city manager the following monday. The district coordinator called to set up my interview. I went inside about twenty minutes early and told the recptionist that I was there for an interview. During the interview, he askes about my degree, my background, what I knew about SW, what I knew about the program. He asked me about leadership, etc. It was a good interview because we started talking about our personal lives. He seemed really interested. At the end, he moved me to the final interview with the dm. I sent a thank you note to the city manager. My interview with the dm was the following Monday and i went to the same location again and told the receptionist I was there for the DM of Sherwin Williams. Obviously he didnt like me because I didn't get hired. Too bad, I dont want to sell paint anyway. Lol. I just want money.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied through online and through career fair, got a phone call from HR manager to set up interview at school. It was suppose to be a phone interview at first, but decided to meet me in person. As I passed the first interview, I was designated to a store in which I interviewed the store/assistant managers and asked them questions based on a sheet. I then was asked about the store visit. Then, you are interviewed by the District Manager. Then, was given notice after two days I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Strengths/Weaknesses? Asks questions on your resume What do you know about us?   Answer Question