Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
268 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Communications were very straight forward and detailed. Questions are sales based, experience based and make sure to ask what the every day processes are like. The managers are very friendly and want to get to know you, but I wish the store visit I was able to interact with the other employees and get their insight.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Lawton, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2014.

Interview Details – Just a genereal interview asking about what you think of paint, and what made you choose their company. Pretty basic questions for the most part. They ask you about your past experiences in sales, and about the difficulty the job requires.

Interview Question – what do you think you can add to our company   Answer Question

Warner Robins, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was as easy as can be. There is a 3 step process. The first step is the phone interview there is a recruiter who calls you and the call is about 30-45 minutes. After the phone interview, the recruiter will set you up for the second step which is the in-store interview. The in-store interview is usually about an hour to two hours long. I was told the store that I would be visiting and given the number to call the store manager to set up a time and date that was convenient for the both of us. I also asked what he recommended I wear which he told me khakis and collar shirt would be fine. It includes a tour of the store and a interview with the store manager and the assistant manager. Before you arrive, the recruiter will send you a questionnaire to print out and take with you for the in-store interview and it basically has questions that you should ask which gives you further details about the store and the business. The store manager asks his/her questions then you turn around and ask the questions listed on the sheet. Same goes for the assistant manager. If you make it to the 3rd step, you will be contacted by the District Manager to set up the final interview. Be sure to dress your best because this will be more of a professional interview than the first two were. After speaking with the District Manager you will then be contacted by the recruiter later in the week to offer or not offer you the job.

Interview Question – The questions weren't so bad. The phone and the District Manager interview asked similar questions such as "Why do you want to work for the Sherwin- Williams Company?, What is good customer service? How would you handle an angry customer? "Based on the store visit, what would you change about the store?" Are you willing to relocate?" I realized that Glassdoor was the best source to prepare for the job interview with this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired by the District Manager and was offered the job where I gladly accepted. The recruiter sent the offer letter to my email address and I had a couple of days to accept or decline. The offer letter consist of the store location as well as the benefits and salary.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – One on one interview with Store Manager. Discussed product knowledge and customer service. We also discussed a lot about customers and those I already knew. We discussed situations for other customers from other stores as well.

Interview Question – What was the biggest work related mistake I ever made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was negotiable.

Anonymous Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process began with a light phone screen. The discussion was on their project and the structure of their business. This was followed by another call and we set a time for me to interview onsite. Before the interview the hiring manager asked me to connect to her on LinkedIn.

Interview Question – How do you influence a team?   View Answer

Manager Training MTP Interview

Manager Training MTP
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interview Details – A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Question – Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – If you are looking for an assistant manager position within SW, this is a great place to start if you are just out of college. Typically there are about three interviews, the first starts with a recruiter, the second with the district manager, and the third is usually a store visit or another with the district manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going within this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you a set offer plus bonus.

College Intern Interview

College Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2014.

Interview Details – Three-part interview process which began with a telephone interview, then moved on to a store visit, and finally an interview with the district manager. The initial recruiter who gave you the phone interview stayed with you during the whole process and helped with any questions and always followed up to help schedule the next step. Everyone was very friendly, very obviously loved the company, and it was a great experience. The questions were pretty typical and included things like, "where do you see yourself in _ years?" or "describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer," "why do you want to work for Sherwin-Williams?" etc. The recruiter was the only one who had actually really looked at your resume and would ask questions over that, the store visit was more for you to ask questions and see if you wanted to work there, and the district manager asked a lot of the same questions as the telephone interview, but it was just more serious and in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of when you had to deal with a customer in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of times where you have been a leader and talk about your leadership style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary was set already.

Management Training Program (MTP)

Interview Question – The questions were normal questions. There was some situational questions on the last interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation.

Management Training Program (MTP)

I applied online - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview is pretty straight forward 20 minutes of situational questions about past leadership, customer service, etc. Be quick on responses and just tell the truth, if you don't fully answer the question and ramble, the interviewer will question your response

Interview Question – Explain a time you brought an idea to a group of people the pros and cons of the idea and how people reacted to it and how you convinced the group go with your idea   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams interview questions and advice. All 268 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees and interview candidates.