Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

It was a 4 step process. First a phone interview with a recruiter, if that goes well you are invited to do two store visits where you interview the store management. Then you have a follow up phone call about those visits, if that all goes well you have a brief phone interview with someone in HR. Past that step you are invited to a final formal face-to-face interview with your district manager. If that goes well then you receive a formal job offer!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2015.

Seems like a very family oriented organization with a focus on the employees as an asset to the company unlike many of their competitors. Have not finished the multi step interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2015.

Very positive experience and I actually learned some things, hiring required three steps a phone interview by a talent acquisition manager, then an open house interview where you tour a nearby store and are more in a group interview with three to four managers including the district manager which helped me for my interview. Then your third interview is meeting with the you guessed it district manager who I had met at the open house where they get to know you as a person more so than anything. The interview process did not really feel like an interview more so a 1 on 1 class and getting to know you.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, standard resume questions, nothing unusual. Spent the first part just talking about what the responsibilities of the position were, what the culture was like at the company. Interview was very short overall (around thirty minutes in total).

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Three Step Process. Phone, Store and District Manager. Each phase you will meet with the person in charge and they will provide a tour. Not to hard of a process but be prepared to answer what is required of you.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2015.

Very relaxed one email a few phone calls and I was able to interview with them on campus. I'm still in the process so some of this I can't answer yet.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Call from a corporate recruiter for a quick 20 minute interview, than a interview at a store that is very relaxed where you ask questions that the recruiter provided. Third part is an interview with the DM for about 45 minutes and it is basic behavioral question and question about who you are.

no negotiation

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter for a phone interview. Next step was a store visit, which went great and was very informative. Following with an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions to get to know you better and few scenario questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

There was a phone and a 1 on 1 interview. Nothing hard. Standard questions. Flowed more like a conversation. Depends on who interviews you and what job you are applying for. SW is a great company.

Better offer

Plant Controller Interview

Slow from Application to final call typical 4 weeks. Interview is 1 maybe 2 rounds. Interview is with Hiring manager and their manager. Usually happens at the same time and about 3 hours. Almost all general questions few situation questions, they want to know about your work history and what you have learned.

Interview Questions
    • if you have interviewed, there is nothing really special   Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation and only on salary or vacation