Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I met with the Facility Manager and the Operational Manager for the interview. They asked me question regarding my work experience, what I was looking for in a company. All the standard questions . They briefly described the job duties and what they were looking for in a candidate. They told me how many candidates applied and how many candidates were being interviewed. Once the interviews were conducted. There maybe a second interview. They asked me what I thought about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of days later via email. A Skype interview was scheduled for the following week. The recruiter said she would be in touch within a week. I followed up via email about a week later and received an automated message that she was on vacation. I have not heard from her since (this was a few days ago).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you turned a customer's experience from a negative to a positive.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I was called for an interview. The day of the interview, I came into the store and I asked to see the hiring manager. I was told he had left for the day but the other manager was there. So I interviewed with that manager and he wasn't prepared to do an interview. But it was super relaxed and fun. He asked me a few questions and I asked more about the position, then he offered me the job and I started a week later.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Direct, informative, passionate, and enthusiastic. The Manager who interviewed is still with Sherwin Williams. Because of that one Manager, I knew this was a place I wanted to grow in. Made me feel assertive, confident, and really wanted to push me to success.

Interview Questions

• Paint is universal, but at the same time brings us closer together. What does paint mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Huntington, IN).

Interview

Manager didn't even look at my resume or ask me many questions. He and his assistant just were looking for someone to fill in for them during their upcoming vacations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied through the college career service that I was attending, as well as through Sherwin-William's HR website. I was contacted by email for an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was general behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). I moved on to the in-person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two people. One person asked more behavioral questions and the other person asked technical ability questions. The interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical CompTia A+ questions. "How would you find an IP address...?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied through online and through career fair, got a phone call from HR manager to set up interview at school. It was suppose to be a phone interview at first, but decided to meet me in person. As I passed the first interview, I was designated to a store in which I interviewed the store/assistant managers and asked them questions based on a sheet. I then was asked about the store visit. Then, you are interviewed by the District Manager. Then, was given notice after two days I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Strengths/Weaknesses? Asks questions on your resume What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief. They took me into the office, went over the tasks that i was expected to perform while working there. They gave me a tour of the store, directed through hand gestures the sections of the store, explained some of the stuff that they do in the back. Introduced me to some of the employees that were working that day. It was so short I basically didn't know what to say unless asked a question.

Interview Questions

• i was a student so they asked: What's your major? How many years/semesters left I had remaining.   Answer Question
    • What hours are available for you, what times are most convenient?   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype interview, shortly after I did an in-store visit and it took about two weeks for me to be flown out to Atlanta for my final interviews.I interviewed with 4 people in headquarters including the DM, they were extremely friendly and the interviews were very conversational and even fun.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in the future? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Are you willing to relocate? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer