Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2012.

I applied online directly through the website and recieved a response the very next day to set up a phone interview later that day. Made it through the phone interview and scheduled to meet the district manager a week later. The in-store visit was optional and wasn't even mentioned in the in-person interview. Through process of elimination, I figured out that even though they were looking for 3 interns, I was the first to interview and there were at least 4 more interviewees after me. The DM was coming up with questions off the top of his head and he barely asked any standard behavioral interview questions, which was good. He was new and had just flown back in from the southeast and was somewhat disorgainzed about the matter. After the interview with the DM I sent a thank you email and received a response I would here something soon. I followed up shortly afterwards but still didn't hear anything. Finally three weeks later, I finally recieved contact from HR that the DM was still impressed with me and the interview and if I was still interested intthe company. Of course I said yes and HR said in a few days I would officially know something by then. A week later and a few days before the internship were to start, I recieved an rejection email saying they went with someone else. By then I had already moved on to bigger and better things.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2008.

Interviewed by three different supervisors. Wasn't extremely tough, know background info as much as possible and research in the position you were applying. Mostly behavior and leadership questions. They want clear concise examples for questions. This position is a very independent position and you must demonstrate that you can balance work load by yourself and be very dependable and sufficient working from a far from the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome a problem. What resources did you use to do so.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

The process began by speaking to a recruiter at my college's career fair. I was asked to interview the following day. The next step was traveling to the company's headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. I interviewed with three managers. I received an offer three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me a time you encountered a problem that there wasn't necessarily a clear-cut decision making process and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    I was offered a position, but not given a guarantee as to where I would be located to perform my job.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

recruited at school - one day, multiple interviewees and interviewers, was stressful but interviewers were well prepared and timely

Interview Questions
    • questions became detailed concerning inventory control and processes - upper level questions for an entry level position but more of a discussion so not so bad   Answer Question

territory offered was out of the country

Store Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2009.

Set down with management team and went over behaviorial interview questions. Discussed what I would do in all types of situations. Discussed what I planned to do to make improvements, and how I would handle current and future employees. Discussed why I was ready for the promotion.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2010.

It was ok. While waiting on the HR manager for the interview, the secretary asked for a copy of my resume, looked it over and began asking me questions like she was in charge of the hiring. She seemed to be out of her place. The manager doing the interview seemed very uninterested in me and was looking past me, not at me. Bad!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to major in Sociology and minor in Criminal Justice?   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2012.

I went through 3 rounds of interview, 1 was HR, 3 were technical.
    HR was the usual trying to get information on my experience etc.
    The first technical was basic while the second was advanced.
    I thought I did great but wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • None as such, the advanced tech was kinda more than expected but I had extensive experience so I did good but looks like they weren't impressed.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

There was initial contact through e-mail acknowledging my application. Next there was a Phone interview approx. 30 min. Then a few days later ane-mail of questions about sales strategy and 90 day sales plan. Finally a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The whole process took about a week. I was beat out by a candidate with prior store manager and sales rep experience.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2011.

Interviewing with SW is very straight forward and to the point. They do not beat around the bush, and are upfront and honest about expectations. The only thing you must keep in mind that is if you are not willing to move, do not waste your time. The company has a military mind set when it comes to relocating, and only if you are willing to do so is there chances for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job, and what makes you think you can do it better than the other candidates?   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable, as long as you can state your case...

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

This was the most thorough interview process i've experienced, in a good way. they conducted an initial get-to-know-you meeting with one of the 4 managers. I was brought back for another round that included competencies, then I made the final two and met with the district manager. Very thorough.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!