Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2009.

Interview

Set down with management team and went over behaviorial interview questions. Discussed what I would do in all types of situations. Discussed what I planned to do to make improvements, and how I would handle current and future employees. Discussed why I was ready for the promotion.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in May 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by three different supervisors. Wasn't extremely tough, know background info as much as possible and research in the position you were applying. Mostly behavior and leadership questions. They want clear concise examples for questions. This position is a very independent position and you must demonstrate that you can balance work load by yourself and be very dependable and sufficient working from a far from the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a problem. What resources did you use to do so.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Mobile, AL) in July 2010.

Interview

It was ok. While waiting on the HR manager for the interview, the secretary asked for a copy of my resume, looked it over and began asking me questions like she was in charge of the hiring. She seemed to be out of her place. The manager doing the interview seemed very uninterested in me and was looking past me, not at me. Bad!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to major in Sociology and minor in Criminal Justice?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online directly through the website and recieved a response the very next day to set up a phone interview later that day. Made it through the phone interview and scheduled to meet the district manager a week later. The in-store visit was optional and wasn't even mentioned in the in-person interview. Through process of elimination, I figured out that even though they were looking for 3 interns, I was the first to interview and there were at least 4 more interviewees after me. The DM was coming up with questions off the top of his head and he barely asked any standard behavioral interview questions, which was good. He was new and had just flown back in from the southeast and was somewhat disorgainzed about the matter. After the interview with the DM I sent a thank you email and received a response I would here something soon. I followed up shortly afterwards but still didn't hear anything. Finally three weeks later, I finally recieved contact from HR that the DM was still impressed with me and the interview and if I was still interested intthe company. Of course I said yes and HR said in a few days I would officially know something by then. A week later and a few days before the internship were to start, I recieved an rejection email saying they went with someone else. By then I had already moved on to bigger and better things.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Interview

There was initial contact through e-mail acknowledging my application. Next there was a Phone interview approx. 30 min. Then a few days later ane-mail of questions about sales strategy and 90 day sales plan. Finally a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The whole process took about a week. I was beat out by a candidate with prior store manager and sales rep experience.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via email after meeting with some company representatives at my former University. I was responded to almost immediately and my resume was reviewed and a Skype interview was scheduled. After that I went in for a 1:1 Interview with the district manager and finally, a week later, an in-store visit. I was offered the position via phone after the in-store visit and accepted. The interview process with Sherwin-Williams is very thorough and very professional. They want to find out if you are a fit for them and vice-versa as fast as possible. It is clear they value the people they have on their team and everyone I met truly enjoyed their jobs. A great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable building business relationships in a more casual setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a particular phase for negotiation. They seek people who are willing to re-locate to some degree and you can discuss the specifics of this at any point during the interview process.

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Gardena, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

You first have either a phone or Skype interview with a recruiter. You then go on a in store shadowing and kind of interview the manager. Finally you have the final interviews one on one with two seperate managers.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The process began by speaking to a recruiter at my college's career fair. I was asked to interview the following day. The next step was traveling to the company's headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. I interviewed with three managers. I received an offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time you encountered a problem that there wasn't necessarily a clear-cut decision making process and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a position, but not given a guarantee as to where I would be located to perform my job.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

recruited at school - one day, multiple interviewees and interviewers, was stressful but interviewers were well prepared and timely

Interview Questions

• questions became detailed concerning inventory control and processes - upper level questions for an entry level position but more of a discussion so not so bad   Answer Question

territory offered was out of the country

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interview, 1 was HR, 3 were technical. HR was the usual trying to get information on my experience etc. The first technical was basic while the second was advanced. I thought I did great but wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• None as such, the advanced tech was kinda more than expected but I had extensive experience so I did good but looks like they weren't impressed.   Answer Question