Sherwin-Williams

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

The way SW hires is either through university career fairs or by placing ads on job websites or their own website. If you get through, you will get an interview call by the area human resource manager either via skype or phone. If you pass the test, then your second interview will take place at one of the SW retail locations. You sit down with the Store and Assistant Manager. If you pass that interview, your last interview will be with the district manager.

Being prepared for the first initial phone call or skype call is a crucial step even though its the first interview. The others will follow how well your initial interview goes. Also the store interview is for you to take a look at what you will expect once you get hired. This is a great interview as you get to see what you can expect once you get hired on and aren't surprised once you get hired and placed at a store as an Assistant Manager. IF not, you can kindly say no and walk away.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just being prepared helps with any difficult questions that may be asked once you get to the district manager interview.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

-Quick, behavior-based interview.
    -On-campus interview after career fair.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Start with phone interview, then store visit. Lastly meet with district manager. Pretty informal interview with the district manager, asked to bring in resume. Will start discussion with general questions about your resume then will start with usual interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive? What was one of the biggest mistakes that you've made? Why do you want to work for Sherwin?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Management Internship Interview

It started with a phone interview that was pretty casual just usual questions about what I wanted to do with my degree and the way I worked with people. A lot of questions about customer service and difficult situations I had working with a a team. Than I had an interview with a regional manager that basically just went over my resume and asked me how the different things that I did in previous jobs would make me a good fit for their company

Interview Questions

The position was okay but it was less hours than I expected and the pay was much less than the average college level internships

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interviewed on campus at school

There was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Its better for you to show initiative first by going to speak with Manager directly, there are hiring signs if the store is hiring. Typically 1-2 month training period both hands on/computer.

Interview Questions
    • There is no difficult or unexpected question, but that's just my experience.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview process consisted of a phone interview, district manager interview, and an onsite visit to a store.

Intern Interview

I was just shocked that the interviewer was not in formal attire. I found the interview way too informal and that threw me off a little. Also, the job posting asked for bilingual candidates but did not ask any relevant questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you solved a recent problem and how that improved the situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Received a phone interview first, followed by an in person interview with the district manager. People were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had an idea that was initially rejected, then you convinced them to go through with it.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, followed by a store visit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, mostly behavioral type questions   Answer Question