Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

DPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I dropped off my resume with management and followed up with a phone call. Later I was called back for an interview. Once I got there I filled out an application and started the interview. During the interview we discussed my professional goals, experience, and about the position. After leaving management gave me a call to come back in to the store where we discussed pay. We negotiated and after i decided to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans as a professional?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Salem, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was laid back and simple, and I did not feel nervous in any way. I have previous experience, so it was easier for me. I always felt comfortable, even as a girl in a predominantly male industry. I was concerned at first that this would be an issue, as when I applied I was not spoken to when I handed in my application. It was only once the manager saw I had experience that they became interested in me.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

it was great very friendly open minded made me feel comfortable felt like family right away i would highly encourage others to apply with this company who is our ceo who are the founders of the company

Interview Questions

• what is your 5 year plan what is your ultimate career goal what do you know about the company   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

There were several interviews, first with the current Management team and then with the Executive and HR departments. The entire process took several weeks, and there were long periods of no communication. The interviews ranges from mostly canned questions, to vary informal discussions. it would have been nice if the process was more streamlined. Overall it was a very professional and through process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agrees with a company policy, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I was called for an interview. The day of the interview, I came into the store and I asked to see the hiring manager. I was told he had left for the day but the other manager was there. So I interviewed with that manager and he wasn't prepared to do an interview. But it was super relaxed and fun. He asked me a few questions and I asked more about the position, then he offered me the job and I started a week later.

Manager Training MTP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

Very general interview process. They are not as concerned about what you say. It's all about how you say it and how you portray yourself. Sales is all about confidence and your ability to control a conversation. Speak without fear.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Went to a job fair at a college and spoke with some sales reps there. Gave them my resumoe received a call, went to an interview with the Ditrict Manager then went to a store to interview with a mangar, then I drove 2 hours to interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Who had the most influence over my professional career.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted almost immediately after submitting my interview online. The HR people were very friendly and accommodating and helped answer all of my questions. After passing an initial screening interview I went on to do a store visit with one of the managers. Finally, I interviewed with the district manager who asked typical behavioral questions, overall pretty casual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you failed at something? What did you do to remedy/ prevent this from happening again?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty brief. They took me into the office, went over the tasks that i was expected to perform while working there. They gave me a tour of the store, directed through hand gestures the sections of the store, explained some of the stuff that they do in the back. Introduced me to some of the employees that were working that day. It was so short I basically didn't know what to say unless asked a question.

Interview Questions

• i was a student so they asked: What's your major? How many years/semesters left I had remaining.   Answer Question
    • What hours are available for you, what times are most convenient?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. You simply apply online. You then choose your location. Then you submit the position you would like to apply for. From there the company reviews your submission. At this point if your qualifications meet the company's requirements the will call you back and set you up for and interview with a hiring manager.