Sherwin-Williams

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Posted for job on website....hiring manager called me to schedule an interview. Interviewed at office in a suit and had a business plan prepared for the interviewer. It was fun and a great experience

Sales and Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interviewed with the HR department, store managers, district managers and finally the city manager all of whom spend about an hour getting to know you and your background. Even though they are interested in what you have to offer, they want to see that you want to grow within the company for a longer period of time since the turnover is high.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales profession do you want to get in to in 5 years?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2010.

Its kind of like a 3 step process. Phone interview, followed by interview with DM or City Manager, and then interview w a store manager and get a little tour of a typical store. Overall easy going.

Interview Questions
    • The people that have been there for a long time tend to perform easier interviews. They don't ask the cookie cutter questions, they make you feel relaxed and connect with you. During my interview with the district manager we talked about our love for photography and our families. The interview I had with a newer store manager was really cookie cutter, it wasn't hard or anything bad just the usual questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate however I do know every position has a tier for salary so there may be room for negotiation.

Manager Training Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

First interview was great. I'm now waiting to go visit the store for my second interview. I know that I will get hired and claiming it. This company seems to have a great work life balance and that is great. The benefits and pay are great as well.

Interview Questions
    • How do you stay safe and what steps do you go about to remain safe?   Answer Question
    N/a

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2013.

3 step interview process. Pretty easy to get through just be courteous to everyone you meet and look professional. Being aware that you never know who you are going to meet is something anyone should keep in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked why you wanna work with people is always a bit strange.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. They wont let you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2014.

Applied online contacted by recruiter that afternoon.He was pleasant we set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Phone interview typical questions mostly about customer service and my current job as a restaurant manager.Was asked how far I could travel I said an hour. Was setup with a store visit the following week. Store visit was great, Store manager very informative about expectations. She told me she thought I would be an excellent fit. Recruiter contacted me again the next day, I was set up with a 3rd interview two weeks later. When I got to third interview they informed me that I was the last of six interviews that day and that four people would be interviewing me. I was the last interview of the day. Went through City manager first was a great interview he really liked me I could tell. Next interview with two people one was a Store manager who was training to do interviews. that also went well. Third in interviewed with District Manager, I felt like I talked too much with him, I also said something negative about current employer and regretted it as soon as I said it. At the end of interview he asked me how far I would travel, I said and hour. He said that someone would get back to me by Friday either way(This was Wednesday). No one called me by Friday, I figured they were busy and that they would call Monday. No call Monday. I got a letter in the mail on Monday postmarked Friday that I did not get job. I was Bummed I was very excited about Sherwin-Williams and they seemed excited about me. I assumed it was because of my interview with District Manager.I was unhappy that no one called. The reason I am still upset about this experience is that the next day the recruiter called to follow up he asked how the Interview went I told him obviously not well since they mailed me the generic reject letter. He told me that he was told that my interviews were fine but that I was not willing to relocate so they could not hire me since they had no openings in my area. I was never asked once throughout this whole process if I would relocate.I would not have gone to interview if that was the case. As for traveling I feel that an hour of travel to work is a generous offer to go sell paint. There are 25 locations within an hour of my home. I think there are other reasons I did not get hired. It was awful for them to call me after sending me that letter, just to tell me a lie. They still have a posting up that they are hiring for my area.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in November 2014.

I met Sherwin-Williams at the career fair. I had an on campus interview with two Internal Audit supervisors who listed out behavior questions form a specific packet, and the final round was with the Internal Audit Manager with more knowledge based and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2013.

Communicating with the Hiring Manager was very easy and she was very easy to get a hold of if I had any questions. I had an initial interview with her and then I moved to the Human Resource Manager of the Indianapolis District and he asked me basic questions such as why sherwin? have you heard of our product? any previous experience with construction?

Interview Questions
    It was not that negotiable being just a part time sales associate job.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I applied online with Sherwin Williams for the Management Training Program and by the next morning I had received an email from a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and the interview was not very hard. The interview was mostly her trying to get a feel for who I was and whether or not this job would be something that I would like to do. After the interview, I received an email with contact information for a local manager of a Sherwin Williams store that I am to set up a store visit with. I am currently waiting to hear back from the Manager but so far my experience has been great and the recruiter as been very helpful. The next steps in the process are to meet with the local manager, report back to my recruiter and then if all goes well, interview with a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to speak with your current manager what would they say are some things that you could work on as an employee?   Answer Question