Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Direct, informative, passionate, and enthusiastic. The Manager who interviewed is still with Sherwin Williams. Because of that one Manager, I knew this was a place I wanted to grow in. Made me feel assertive, confident, and really wanted to push me to success.

Interview Questions

• Paint is universal, but at the same time brings us closer together. What does paint mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Huntington, IN).

Interview

Manager didn't even look at my resume or ask me many questions. He and his assistant just were looking for someone to fill in for them during their upcoming vacations.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2015.

Interview

Not really an interview to be honest. I applied online and was called back about 4 days later for an interview. I was basically shown around the store and ask really generic questions. Overall I am happy with the interview process because I really wanted to work for SW because of the flex schedule and the very relaxed environment. I also wanted more exp with sales in all aspects of business to make myself more profitable.

Interview Questions

• Can you life 50lbs? Paint can be very heavy Have you ever worked in retail? What is your availability? Do you have a problem with no AC in the warehouse? (other stores may be different but these are the questions I was asked)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I applied through the college career service that I was attending, as well as through Sherwin-William's HR website. I was contacted by email for an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was general behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..."). I moved on to the in-person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two people. One person asked more behavioral questions and the other person asked technical ability questions. The interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical CompTia A+ questions. "How would you find an IP address...?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The first step in the interview process is a phone interview with a HR recruiter. Based on that they will pass you on to an interview with the city and district managers. Both interviews were relatively laid back and the questions were mostly related to my resume. I was not asked any behavioral or situational questions. Overall everyone was helpful and courteous, but it seemed like they already had someone else in mind that they wanted to hire and were just interviewing me as a courtesy.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Several interviews, all easy and relaxed. Had email correspondence throughout the whole process. Met with multiple managers and eventually got the offer after about 3 weeks. Managers were all very nice and made the interview process that much easier.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Generally you have to drive to the district office of the store you are attempting to get into, depending on how far the drive it. Personally I've made over 6 hour drives for interviews. The District Managers are almost always pleasant, easing going, friendly and make the process easy and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint, how did you handle it, was the issue resolved and was the customer satisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First I sent in the online application and the next day I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. We set the phone interview up for the same week in which she called at 12pm. The phone interview lasted amost an hour. She asked me about my resume, how I dealt with an issue with a coworker, customer service, and what I thought my strengths and weaknesses were. Also she asked how I would rate my leadership skills. After that she recommended me to go to the store visit in which I did the following Monday. I printed out this long packet in which I had to sit with the store manager and assistant manager to help me fill it out. This was a good experience which lasted a little bit more than an hour. During my store visit, it was very quiet in the store and a customer came in that was a little edgy. The store manager was a little sassy with him and talking about him when he left. Very professional. After the store visit I called the recruiter and told her I had finished this step. She asked me ten minutes worth of questions and then passed me onto a f2f with the city manager the following monday. The district coordinator called to set up my interview. I went inside about twenty minutes early and told the recptionist that I was there for an interview. During the interview, he askes about my degree, my background, what I knew about SW, what I knew about the program. He asked me about leadership, etc. It was a good interview because we started talking about our personal lives. He seemed really interested. At the end, he moved me to the final interview with the dm. I sent a thank you note to the city manager. My interview with the dm was the following Monday and i went to the same location again and told the receptionist I was there for the DM of Sherwin Williams. Obviously he didnt like me because I didn't get hired. Too bad, I dont want to sell paint anyway. Lol. I just want money.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It takes about a month. You will be called by a recruiter and if you have a friend who works there have them push your resume. Second interview is a store interview so you can see if you like the place and then you will meet with the Distric Sales Manager

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Why do you want to be apart of Sherwin? How do you handle difficult customers ? How do you work under stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a Skype interview, shortly after I did an in-store visit and it took about two weeks for me to be flown out to Atlanta for my final interviews.I interviewed with 4 people in headquarters including the DM, they were extremely friendly and the interviews were very conversational and even fun.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in the future? What are your strengths/weaknesses? Are you willing to relocate? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer