Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2015.

Very positive experience and I actually learned some things, hiring required three steps a phone interview by a talent acquisition manager, then an open house interview where you tour a nearby store and are more in a group interview with three to four managers including the district manager which helped me for my interview. Then your third interview is meeting with the you guessed it district manager who I had met at the open house where they get to know you as a person more so than anything. The interview process did not really feel like an interview more so a 1 on 1 class and getting to know you.

Web Development Professional Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in December 2014.

One phone interview and one in person interview. A lot of the time was spent explaining the program and asking about what kinds of work i've done before, and how I work in groups. Technical questions were very surface level, they only asked questions about technologies/languages that I have worked in before, as they were more interested in my desire to learn new things rather than coming in with a lot of knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working in groups when others don't fulfill their responsibilities?   Answer Question

Sales and Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2013.

It started with a phone interview where they asked about your experience with sales and management, why you think you would be a good fit, and where you would ideally like to be placed. Then you go into the store where you would potentially be placed and do a store interview where they give you a packet of questions to ask the store manager and the assistant manager (both who you work really closely with during the internship). It all happened within about 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a moment where you used the STAR mechanism for solving a problem?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2015.

Seems like a very family oriented organization with a focus on the employees as an asset to the company unlike many of their competitors. Have not finished the multi step interview process.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2015.

Very relaxed one email a few phone calls and I was able to interview with them on campus. I'm still in the process so some of this I can't answer yet.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

It was a 4 step process. First a phone interview with a recruiter, if that goes well you are invited to do two store visits where you interview the store management. Then you have a follow up phone call about those visits, if that all goes well you have a brief phone interview with someone in HR. Past that step you are invited to a final formal face-to-face interview with your district manager. If that goes well then you receive a formal job offer!

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2015.

Expect the STAR format questions during the phone interview. They will ask you to have specific stories so don't plan on trying to talk around them. Its best to prepare answers about past experiences before the call

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, standard resume questions, nothing unusual. Spent the first part just talking about what the responsibilities of the position were, what the culture was like at the company. Interview was very short overall (around thirty minutes in total).

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Three Step Process. Phone, Store and District Manager. Each phase you will meet with the person in charge and they will provide a tour. Not to hard of a process but be prepared to answer what is required of you.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Call from a corporate recruiter for a quick 20 minute interview, than a interview at a store that is very relaxed where you ask questions that the recruiter provided. Third part is an interview with the DM for about 45 minutes and it is basic behavioral question and question about who you are.

no negotiation