Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Interview

Three Step Process. Phone, Store and District Manager. Each phase you will meet with the person in charge and they will provide a tour. Not to hard of a process but be prepared to answer what is required of you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Wayne, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed one email a few phone calls and I was able to interview with them on campus. I'm still in the process so some of this I can't answer yet.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Call from a corporate recruiter for a quick 20 minute interview, than a interview at a store that is very relaxed where you ask questions that the recruiter provided. Third part is an interview with the DM for about 45 minutes and it is basic behavioral question and question about who you are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter for a phone interview. Next step was a store visit, which went great and was very informative. Following with an interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions to get to know you better and few scenario questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

There was a phone and a 1 on 1 interview. Nothing hard. Standard questions. Flowed more like a conversation. Depends on who interviews you and what job you are applying for. SW is a great company.

Better offer

Plant Controller Interview

Interview

Slow from Application to final call typical 4 weeks. Interview is 1 maybe 2 rounds. Interview is with Hiring manager and their manager. Usually happens at the same time and about 3 hours. Almost all general questions few situation questions, they want to know about your work history and what you have learned.

Interview Questions

• if you have interviewed, there is nothing really special   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation and only on salary or vacation

Cashier Interview

Interview

The branch manger was very polite but because of my sceduke I was unable to be hired. the interview itself was very good and I was accepted to have a job but as I have previous stated I could not because of my schedule.

Quality Control Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

1 : 1 interview, then a panel interview on the same day. Color matching test was given - place colored pegs in various orders while being timed. Questions were asked about previously used lab equipment and previous testing (ITM) experience.

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2015.

Interview

Expect the STAR format questions during the phone interview. They will ask you to have specific stories so don't plan on trying to talk around them. Its best to prepare answers about past experiences before the call

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Applied online for the Management training program, later contacted by a recruiter. Had short interview with the recruiter, asked me all sort of questions about what I would do in situations and leadership skills. Next I had my in-store visit, that went well. Lastly, I was contacted by district manager asking for my hours of availability in order to have an interview with him. Interview should be by the end of this week. Overall great experience, a little concerned about the whole relocation thing. I dont live in the area yet but I am moving there and its frustrating to look for a place because there is not a set location. They train you in one store in the area and then they move you to another location in the area- its just a little confusing and difficult for people who dont live in the area yet.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is unhappy with the service and treating you with disrespect?   Answer Question