Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Littleton, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience and I actually learned some things, hiring required three steps a phone interview by a talent acquisition manager, then an open house interview where you tour a nearby store and are more in a group interview with three to four managers including the district manager which helped me for my interview. Then your third interview is meeting with the you guessed it district manager who I had met at the open house where they get to know you as a person more so than anything. The interview process did not really feel like an interview more so a 1 on 1 class and getting to know you.

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Normal, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended my college's career fair and met with a hiring representative at that time. She was very informative and energetic. I was asked to attend a "Meet the Firm" event. Following a great, informational event, I was asked to follow-up for a personal interview. At this point, I met with the branch manager who asked about my background, education, and experience. He was very friendly, pretty funny, and passionate about the company. I was contacted the next day with notice that I received the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you had to overcome and how can it apply to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, very general questions such as, why Sherwin Williams, why you chose your major, what leadership skills you have. Although I was reached out to the company because of my resume, I replied and I got another reply 1 week later. We set up a phone interview, it went great the lady liked me and said she wanted me to continue on to the next interview with the store manager. She said she will get back to me within 3 days A week passes I call and email, and never got back to me' it been a month and still no word to bad for them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for them   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. I completed the phone screening the next week and was told that I performed well and they wanted me to visit the district store in Orlando, Florida. I drove out there a little over 2 weeks later and interviewed with the city manager who told me I asked some pretty high level questions and he seemed pleased with me. A week after that I received another email prompting me to visit a local store in Gainesville to complete a store visit there. I visited the appropriate store and walked through a guide with the store manager. He was very informative and friendly and I left when we were finished there. I was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you struggled with something and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

It was a 4 step process. First a phone interview with a recruiter, if that goes well you are invited to do two store visits where you interview the store management. Then you have a follow up phone call about those visits, if that all goes well you have a brief phone interview with someone in HR. Past that step you are invited to a final formal face-to-face interview with your district manager. If that goes well then you receive a formal job offer!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Phone interview, standard resume questions, nothing unusual. Spent the first part just talking about what the responsibilities of the position were, what the culture was like at the company. Interview was very short overall (around thirty minutes in total).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was recruited at a career fair at school. went on to a store visit, followed by a pretty basic phone interview with the recruiter then finally with the district Manager. they were very fast at getting back to me. fairly easy interview question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied though the career site at my university and got an interview for the day after the career fair. The first interview was pretty straight forward some questions about my resume and about myself then into behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...). The recruiter told me I was moving on right then. The next step is a store visit where you basically interview a store manager using a packet of questions they send you. After that the recruiter called me and asked some question about what I learned and what surprised me about the store/position. He told me I was getting a final interview with 2 city managers, the district manager was supposed to interview me too but he was sick that day. The final interveiw was similar to the first, more extensive about my resume and some more behavioral questions (time you made a mistake, how you worked with a difficult person). I got a call the next morning with an offer. Its an extensive process but they really make sure it'll be a good fit for both parties. Everyone seemed super friendly and they dont leave you waiting for a decision which is nice!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mtp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Athens, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

College recruiter, 3-4 week process, phone interview, got called the next day. In store interview with the district manager. Currently in process. Overall every person I talked to was extremely nice, feels like they really wanted to get to know you. Really passionate about the work they do. Want to make the best out of their employees

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a Email to come in for a interview the following week. Communication was just through emails. I had my interview and it was very laid back. The person interviewing me was nice and was easy to talk to. The interview lasted about a half hour. Some odd questions but overall easy interview.