Sherwin-Williams Management Trainee Interview Questions

2.7

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Standard phone interview, I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and then they asked that I go over my resume from my oldest job to my most recent job. They described the position in more detail and asked how I felt about it and about moving from my current city.

Interview Questions

• I did not think they would have me go over my resume from oldest to most recent job in such detail, I was asked to go over every line.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chico, CA).

Interview

Met recruiters at campus career fair. It was pretty easy to get an interview, she just had me sign up on a sheet. She was very nice, but seemed to be grabbing any student that was interested no matter how they were.

Interview Questions

• What has been the worst negative feedback you have received from a current employer?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2014.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. It was about 30 minutes. I'm an HR management major but wanted to try out management. During the interview, he kept saying everything was perfect and liked my qualifications. He asked me basic questions and how I work in a stressful situation. I would have definitely liked to read up on the company beforehand but it was pretty short notice - I got a call the day before and I am in many clubs on campus.

Interview Questions

• "If you had to choose between this Management Trainee position or a HR position, which would you choose?"   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview, it was very easy, the second was a instore visit followed by a second phone interview. They try and get you in by saying there is unlimited growth and great benifts, but thats only if you want to stay in sales.

Interview Questions

I wanted to eventually transition to HR the chances of that there was slim.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2013.

Interview

It was a long interview process. Initially I applied online then a few days later I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is a basic phone screening. Then there was a delay because the recruiters had placed me in the wrong territory. Then after that issue was dealt with I had an in-store visit. During the in-store visit you are supplied with questions for the manager and assistant manager to answer. Then after the store visit a follow-up call is made to the recruiter. After that I had an interview with the regional manager. Once again this is a very standard interview, but for those whom have never been on an interview they ask you question and you should answer in STAR format (google it). Google common interview questions and that will basically cover the questions they ask you. Personally, I read the book "Greatest Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions" and I felt that prepared me very well. Then after that you will meet with the district manager who will describe the position more and ask you some more STAR format questions. A hint to anyone interviewing for this position ask relative questions throughout the interview and especially when they ask you if you have any questions. Personally, I had a very high understanding of the position but asked questions that I knew the answers too just to keep the conversation flowing and seem more inquisitive about the position. They offered me a position 2 days after my meeting with the district manager. I accepted the offer and a week later they told me I would start next week. So overall the process took me 5 steps and took almost 2 months! Sherwin-Williams is seemingly a terrific opportunity for a recent college graduate and so hopefully it will be worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via email after meeting with some company representatives at my former University. I was responded to almost immediately and my resume was reviewed and a Skype interview was scheduled. After that I went in for a 1:1 Interview with the district manager and finally, a week later, an in-store visit. I was offered the position via phone after the in-store visit and accepted.

The interview process with Sherwin-Williams is very thorough and very professional. They want to find out if you are a fit for them and vice-versa as fast as possible. It is clear they value the people they have on their team and everyone I met truly enjoyed their jobs. A great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable building business relationships in a more casual setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a particular phase for negotiation. They seek people who are willing to re-locate to some degree and you can discuss the specifics of this at any point during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chico, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Talked to campus recruiter. Then filled out application online. Got a phone call for interview. Then taken to store. With a 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Presented good impression of Co. Lot of hard work, but rewarding.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went well, and then I was invited for a store visit at the local center. Store visit consist of store tour, asking current store manager and assistant store manager questions about their positions, and then the behavioral questions 1:1 by the store manager.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2011.

Interview

Call was about 30 mins. Reception wasn't great; had it been all would have gone better. General information; back and forth. Offer would come later.