Sherwin-Williams Manager In Trainee Interview Questions

2.0

Manager In Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

The first interview was with a store manager, followed by an interview with a district manager who flew in to see me. The interview itself was not bad, and they in fact went over a lot of details that were helpful, including a detailed pay explanation. Overall I was very disappointed and expected a more professional face to a large company that previously I had an excellent impression of. I was very happy when I first received the offer, but quickly realized that the hiring process' pain would only be indicative of the lack of corporate support in the future.

Interview Questions

• The store manager showed a sheet with lots of store numbers and used some jargon I wasn't familiar with, although I had been a business manager before. It was a little hard to follow and understand the Excel-type layout and listen to him.   Answer Question

I was offered the job and the recruiter took a very long time to begin the background check (she called me more than a week after I was told I should start). She asked me to do paperwork or give her information one day at a time, and I quickly realized this was going to be a long process. The background check took so long that I had time to interview with other companies, accepted another offer, and passed their background check (they only took a few hours to verify my education and clear my criminal background too). Sherwin-Williams called me six weeks after my initial interview to request more information for their background check. I have no idea what took them so long, but the store and district managers I interviewed with told me I would be starting in a matter of days, not at least a month and a half later. They recruiting and loss prevention staff in the Dallas and Houston areas were not very helpful or timely at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Manager In Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted the recruiter for the area got an interview set up a couple weeks later with the District Manager, after that I was asked to do a store visit to see if it was still something I wanted to do. Afterwards, I contacted HR to set up my final interview which was approximately a week later. That evening after my final interview I was blessed with a job offer. I think the Sherwin Williams culture is really a great one. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, in store associates will give you all the advice you could possibly need to get your foot in the door. Health Benefits and pay for an entry level position is as good as anybody's, I really feel like God was very kind to me to have given me the opportunity to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I did not even try.