Sherwin-Williams

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

Interview Details – A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Question – Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – Went through my career website and submitter my resume to my career coach. He passed on my resume and then I received an email detailing my interview date and time.
I got thru to the 2nd step of the process and went in for a store visit about 2 weeks later. After the store visit I interviewed with the city and diatrict manager and they offered me the position that same day.

Interview Question – Basic questions about past job experiences and scenarios.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sherwin-Williams

Interview Details – STAR interview. Check format for tips

Interview Question – When was a time.....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went thru phone interview, she sounds so interested ! Went to store visit, was there for about an hour in a half just standing up in the back room. Felt like I was in the way of others. After store visit I went to interview with district manager. The manager did not even seem like he was having a good day or he liked the company! Even though I felt very engaged and felt l iike he was not having a great day, still thought the job was mine. After waiting and waiting I was CALLED to say I did not have the job. Felt like alot of the observing I did was unprofessional.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Phone interview, very simple all questions others have poster were asked.

Interview Question – What's do you imagine your normal day at sherwin Williams to be like?   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Like the other MTP interviews posted here, there was a phone interview, instore interview, a follow up interview, and an interview with the DM. All four interviews were pleasant. You have to know why you want to work for the company and why you would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Its a great company to work for if you like variety. There is so much to learn and so many different things to do. The company treats you well. Check them out. They are not just a paint company, they are a great company to work for. The process takes awhile. From the time I applied till my start date it was a little over 2 months so be patient.

How do you set goals for yourself?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The pay is good and the future potential is great so take it if you get the offer. It will be based on the area you live, so if you live in a city that costs a lot to live in than it will be higher than the average.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview Details – Met with two area managers on the same day. Most questions were situational. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation. Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Just be customer service oriented and tell them you enjoy sales and have leadership capabilities and/or experience.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

Interview Details – You first have either a phone or Skype interview with a recruiter. You then go on a in store shadowing and kind of interview the manager. Finally you have the final interviews one on one with two seperate managers.

Interview Question – Give an example of you being competitive?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received a voicemail from the company saying they were interested in setting up an interview. I called back and kept playing phone tag with the guy. When I actually reached him he did a phone interview while he was driving in his car without any of my information. He then told me he would set up a 1:1 interview with the regional manager. I didn't hear back from him so I called again and once again had to leave a voicemail. The next day I got a call to set up the 1:1. I had to drive 3 hours for the 1:1 interview. During the interview the manager didn't ask me a single question (thank god I came with my own questions to ask), and then told me i'd hear from him in 3-4 weeks. Overall the 1:1 was about 20 minutes and a complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

Manager Training MTP

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2012.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview with an person in HR. The next step was a store visit with a guided question packet to allow you to learn more about the company and job duties. Then I had two more interviews with gentlemen that were higher up in this region. The first one went great and lasted two hours, and this was supposed to be it. Then I was told to meet someone else, even higher up. I didn't get the job, which was a bummer since it seems like a great company to be with. With all honesty I was angry because I spent so much of my time and theirs for it to not result in anything.

Interview Questions

• What is you five year plan, what is your ten year plan?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer/ tell me how you have dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sherwin-Williams

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sherwin-Williams Manager Training MTP interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sherwin-Williams employees and interview candidates.