Sherwin-Williams Manager Training MTP Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2014.

A good friend of mine that works for Sherwin had referred me to this position as I had just graduated with my Bachelors. (A requirement for this position) After applying online, it took over a month and a half for them to respond to me. It was near impossible to follow up on the application as it is all handled through their office in Atlanta. I reached out to their district office in order to find out how to do so and was eventually given a phone number for a hiring director. I called and got no response so I left a message. I was eventually notified that I was scheduled for a phone interview. I had felt the majority of it went quite well and was sure that I would be offered the opportunity for the in-person interview with the District Manager. After another week of waiting, I was notified via e-mail with a stock message saying that they had decided to pick another candidate that was more qualified.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and then decided NOT to take action.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Manager Training MTP Interview

Went through my career website and submitter my resume to my career coach. He passed on my resume and then I received an email detailing my interview date and time.
    I got thru to the 2nd step of the process and went in for a store visit about 2 weeks later. After the store visit I interviewed with the city and diatrict manager and they offered me the position that same day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about past job experiences and scenarios.   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

STAR interview. Check format for tips

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2013.

Went thru phone interview, she sounds so interested ! Went to store visit, was there for about an hour in a half just standing up in the back room. Felt like I was in the way of others. After store visit I went to interview with district manager. The manager did not even seem like he was having a good day or he liked the company! Even though I felt very engaged and felt l iike he was not having a great day, still thought the job was mine. After waiting and waiting I was CALLED to say I did not have the job. Felt like alot of the observing I did was unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Phone interview, very simple all questions others have poster were asked.

Interview Questions
    • What's do you imagine your normal day at sherwin Williams to be like?   Answer Question

Manager Training MTP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Like the other MTP interviews posted here, there was a phone interview, instore interview, a follow up interview, and an interview with the DM. All four interviews were pleasant. You have to know why you want to work for the company and why you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Its a great company to work for if you like variety. There is so much to learn and so many different things to do. The company treats you well. Check them out. They are not just a paint company, they are a great company to work for. The process takes awhile. From the time I applied till my start date it was a little over 2 months so be patient.

How do you set goals for yourself?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. The pay is good and the future potential is great so take it if you get the offer. It will be based on the area you live, so if you live in a city that costs a lot to live in than it will be higher than the average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Met with two area managers on the same day. Most questions were situational. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation. Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Just be customer service oriented and tell them you enjoy sales and have leadership capabilities and/or experience.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gardena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in July 2011.

You first have either a phone or Skype interview with a recruiter. You then go on a in store shadowing and kind of interview the manager. Finally you have the final interviews one on one with two seperate managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2011.

I received a voicemail from the company saying they were interested in setting up an interview. I called back and kept playing phone tag with the guy. When I actually reached him he did a phone interview while he was driving in his car without any of my information. He then told me he would set up a 1:1 interview with the regional manager. I didn't hear back from him so I called again and once again had to leave a voicemail. The next day I got a call to set up the 1:1. I had to drive 3 hours for the 1:1 interview. During the interview the manager didn't ask me a single question (thank god I came with my own questions to ask), and then told me i'd hear from him in 3-4 weeks. Overall the 1:1 was about 20 minutes and a complete waste of time!

Manager Training MTP Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2012.

It started with a phone interview with an person in HR. The next step was a store visit with a guided question packet to allow you to learn more about the company and job duties. Then I had two more interviews with gentlemen that were higher up in this region. The first one went great and lasted two hours, and this was supposed to be it. Then I was told to meet someone else, even higher up. I didn't get the job, which was a bummer since it seems like a great company to be with. With all honesty I was angry because I spent so much of my time and theirs for it to not result in anything.

Interview Questions
    • What is you five year plan, what is your ten year plan?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer/ tell me how you have dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!