Sherwin-Williams Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I first met with the manager of the store. After a few questions and some time "getting to know" each other, I was told I would be meeting with the district manager. The interview with the district manager was just as simple. A few questions about my experience (the typical..."Do you have any customer service experience?", "Have you handled cash before?".

Interview Questions
  • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Everything was straight forward.   Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I randomly walked into the store , asked if they were hiring and applied . I spoke directly to the store manager every time .Relaxed envoirment but still very professional . Had my interview with the store manager, the next day interview i also interview with district manager. Most stores have a small staff so be prepared to work mornings and weekend. Customer service is important for this position so try to highlight your skill in this area.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question : Tell me about a time where you had a angry customer.   Answer Question
    He me ask how much I want t

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicopee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in January 2009.

Simple in store application, took about a week to contact me, had one interview but I have never seen more than three, process from application till working in store was roughly a week and a half, they like to build up an employees knowledge so lack of experience isn't always a bad thing as long as you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Learning about paint is a slow and detailed process so there was a lot of difficult and unexpected question but they have test you take to keep you well informed (simple 4-6 question test that are copied out of a simple 3-5 page bullet point study guide.   Answer Question
    As a 18 year kid I didn't have much negotiation but once you become a asset they will work with you on salary, as for hours and days off it depends on your particular store, but it's 3-5 employees per store so it felt like a family.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2012.

easy, no drug test

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2013.

I went to the career fair and signed up for an interview with them. Had my first interview and it was basically her selling the job the whole time. Didn't ask many questions. She was very nice but was slouched back in her chair and seemed very bored which made me very bored. The next step is to go visit a store and talk to the manager and she told me to do that but I ended up not continuing. Not what i want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to juggle many different leadership activities
      Tell me about yourself.
      Give me an example of when you had to deal with conflict and how you resolved it.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

I got hired a few years ago so the process has changed. Back then i was referred to the position through a friend and i had an informal interview with the store manager and I got the job. However, now a days I think you do a formal interview with a Store manager and then the district manger

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because i was getting paid more than what I was making the the job prior.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Very relaxed, just need to be motivated and good organization skills are a plus.

Interview Questions
    not much on negotioation, just a raise after 30 days and a multitude of tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2009.

Filled out a paper application in person in the store because I saw a for hire sign in the window, received a call back the next day and I had an in person interview the day after that. I was then contacted to let me know I had gotten the position and I was asked to fill out paper work.

Interview Questions
    • In a team setting when have you showed leadership experience?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

The process was very relaxed and easy. I interviewed with the Store Manager and it was a very open process. There were a lot of questions about my previous experience and my future with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Typically these are the questions that put you in a scenario and ask you to play it out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2009.

The interview is basically a job offer. Easy job to get and they get back to you fairly quickly depending on the manager's schedule. The workers from the Manager to the part-time employees are extremely friendly and helpful during the initial training process. You get to take a lunch break at most locations, but if you are not that busy some managers allow you get your lunch and eat it without taking a lunch break as long as you are willing to get up in the middle of your meal to help a customer if everyone is busy.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 40 hours a week with minimal sitting time?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to be paid under $10 dollars per hour?   Answer Question
    Pay was non negotiable. I asked for more responsibility and was unable to gain any. The structure is set and room for growth is minimal.

Worked for Sherwin-Williams? Contribute to the Community!