Sherwin-Williams Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2015.

Very relaxed one email a few phone calls and I was able to interview with them on campus. I'm still in the process so some of this I can't answer yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Posted for job on website....hiring manager called me to schedule an interview. Interviewed at office in a suit and had a business plan prepared for the interviewer. It was fun and a great experience

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2011.

Interviewing with SW is very straight forward and to the point. They do not beat around the bush, and are upfront and honest about expectations. The only thing you must keep in mind that is if you are not willing to move, do not waste your time. The company has a military mind set when it comes to relocating, and only if you are willing to do so is there chances for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job, and what makes you think you can do it better than the other candidates?   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable, as long as you can state your case...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in May 2009.

Interviewed and was hired within one week. Very quick process. Now one interwiews normally two times, must pass a background check. The process takes 2 to 4 weeks.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in April 2008.

I was offered a position in the management training program and told them I was too experienced for the position. After a few successful phone interviews I had 2 face to face interviews which led to me being offered a position which I gladly accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in March 2012.

There was initial contact through e-mail acknowledging my application. Next there was a Phone interview approx. 30 min. Then a few days later ane-mail of questions about sales strategy and 90 day sales plan. Finally a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The whole process took about a week. I was beat out by a candidate with prior store manager and sales rep experience.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2010.

I have only gone through one interview so far but the recruiter had considerable knowledge. I recommended researching the company and thinking back on past experiences. For example, you should know some specific examples of conflict with another employee and how you resolved it, problem with customer and how you resolved it, time when you lead people, etc. The more specific stories you have the better.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had a conflict with an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question