Sherwin-Williams Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Posted to an internal job posting, which was followed by a call to inform me I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. The interview took about a hour to a hour and half upon which I was informed I would be notified shortly of his/her decision. I was offered the position within a couple of days with my asking salary and I accepted

Negotiation

n/a

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Making sure the individual is comfortable as possible, by doing so it can help them answer questions and get a better understanding of the job. Also making sure the candidate is professional and presentable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, very general questions such as, why Sherwin Williams, why you chose your major, what leadership skills you have. Although I was reached out to the company because of my resume, I replied and I got another reply 1 week later. We set up a phone interview, it went great the lady liked me and said she wanted me to continue on to the next interview with the store manager. She said she will get back to me within 3 days A week passes I call and email, and never got back to me' it been a month and still no word to bad for them

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Direct, informative, passionate, and enthusiastic. The Manager who interviewed is still with Sherwin Williams. Because of that one Manager, I knew this was a place I wanted to grow in. Made me feel assertive, confident, and really wanted to push me to success.

Interview Questions

• Paint is universal, but at the same time brings us closer together. What does paint mean to you?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2010.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company, interviewing for a promotion. Questions were standard, my experiences, about me, about the job, job relate questions, and situational questions. After interview the hiring manager requested that I write a business plan for the store. Following review of my plan, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• If you came into a situation in which you had people much older than you working underneath you, how would you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

First you will interview with Sherwin Williams through skype, then you will go to their office and interview 1 on 1 with a manager. After this step you will do a store visit at a local Sherwin Williams and learn more about what you'll be doing. After you complete this you will call the recruiter you spoke with and let them know that you have completed your store visit. Once this is complete they will call you within 1-2 weeks giving you an offer or turning you down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

I had several other options to chose from

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Interviews can be fairly relaxed. Rest assured, they have a fairly good idea of who they want in a position prior to interviews. If you're already working for the company, it's always good to call dm to inquire about position before posting. You can get a good intuition if you'd be a candidate by asking them a few questions. Never talk down about your previous boss, but how you'd improve in a positive manner.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do most of the talking with their open ended questions over past experience and your future plans in your potential assignment. Even if you wouldn't at the time, explain that you'd be flexible in relocating. If you're willing to move for the company and are somewhat successful, you can get almost any position that you want.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not going to happen as we're paid on a scale based on years of service and job title.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very efficient and inviting. Starting with the HR dept, these people are very friendly, engaging, and obviously are enthusiastic about their job. The process then moves to the hiring manager. Since Sherwin hires from within, each of these people have experience in the job position in which one is applying for. Overall, this is a very engaging interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the store management position. There is a base that is offered to all new prospective employees and it is very competitive within the industry.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Hartford, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an Human resources recruiter in Cleveland. We did an initial pre-screen. After that round you are passed to another human resource person. There is an phone interview that last for about an hour, You're asked about duties of your past jobs & how you handled situations. Then kicked to the district manager where it's a pretty fast & simple interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room to negotiate.