Sherwin-Williams

Updated Aug 6, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Making sure the individual is comfortable as possible, by doing so it can help them answer questions and get a better understanding of the job. Also making sure the candidate is professional and presentable.

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Store Manager Interview

Posted to an internal job posting, which was followed by a call to inform me I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. The interview took about a hour to a hour and half upon which I was informed I would be notified shortly of his/her decision. I was offered the position within a couple of days with my asking salary and I accepted

n/a

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Basic STAR Format. Situation/Task, Action, Result. Past performance is best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions
    You are told your salary, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in June 2009.

I was contacted by an Human resources recruiter in Cleveland. We did an initial pre-screen. After that round you are passed to another human resource person. There is an phone interview that last for about an hour, You're asked about duties of your past jobs & how you handled situations. Then kicked to the district manager where it's a pretty fast & simple interview.

No room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in August 2009.

The hiring and interview process was very efficient and inviting. Starting with the HR dept, these people are very friendly, engaging, and obviously are enthusiastic about their job. The process then moves to the hiring manager. Since Sherwin hires from within, each of these people have experience in the job position in which one is applying for. Overall, this is a very engaging interview process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the store management position. There is a base that is offered to all new prospective employees and it is very competitive within the industry.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interviews can be fairly relaxed. Rest assured, they have a fairly good idea of who they want in a position prior to interviews. If you're already working for the company, it's always good to call dm to inquire about position before posting. You can get a good intuition if you'd be a candidate by asking them a few questions. Never talk down about your previous boss, but how you'd improve in a positive manner.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to do most of the talking with their open ended questions over past experience and your future plans in your potential assignment. Even if you wouldn't at the time, explain that you'd be flexible in relocating. If you're willing to move for the company and are somewhat successful, you can get almost any position that you want.   Answer Question
    Negotiations are not going to happen as we're paid on a scale based on years of service and job title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2011.

First you will interview with Sherwin Williams through skype, then you will go to their office and interview 1 on 1 with a manager. After this step you will do a store visit at a local Sherwin Williams and learn more about what you'll be doing. After you complete this you will call the recruiter you spoke with and let them know that you have completed your store visit. Once this is complete they will call you within 1-2 weeks giving you an offer or turning you down.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

I had several other options to chose from

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in February 2010.

I was already an employee of the company, interviewing for a promotion. Questions were standard, my experiences, about me, about the job, job relate questions, and situational questions. After interview the hiring manager requested that I write a business plan for the store. Following review of my plan, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • If you came into a situation in which you had people much older than you working underneath you, how would you approach that situation?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sherwin-Williams in October 2009.

Set down with management team and went over behaviorial interview questions. Discussed what I would do in all types of situations. Discussed what I planned to do to make improvements, and how I would handle current and future employees. Discussed why I was ready for the promotion.