Shi by Journeys Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shi by Journeys

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shi by Journeys in September 2014.

Interview

Face-to-face conversation with the store manager. She asked for a brief summary and asked a series of situational questions. We talked about the different types of people already working in the team and how they wanted someone to compliment the dynamics. I also meet with the co-manager who asked me about my experience and interests in fashion retail. We also discussed my interest in growing in the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to up-sell a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shi by Journeys (San Marcos, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called the store to see if they were still hiring and if they reviewed my application, manager said to come in the next day for a group interview. It was just odd. She was rude and bitchy. Said only 2 girls would get the position. The rules were too strict as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shi by Journeys in June 2013.

Interview

I turned in my application to the manager and was called back for an interview a few weeks later. I only had one interview, and the questions were all pretty typical: Tell me about yourself, what are your skills, what is a flaw of yours, etc. The manager seemed to like me; she wanted to hire me even though I was only 15. I went through the application and interview process, but the company would still not hire me.

Interview Questions

The manager said that she could hire me, despite the fact that I was only 15. After the interview, she said she had called the company, but they would not authorize my employment since I was only 15.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shi by Journeys in October 2011.

Interview

I loved it there! I applied to a salon for the ASM position and they were very supportive in my pursuit!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compromise, compromise, compromise.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shi by Journeys in April 2011.

Interview

I walked into the store handed the manager my app and resume and was offered an interview on the spot. The next week I showed up to the interview and the manager seemed very unorganized. It took her 5 min to find and gather all the information needed for the interview. We walked over to a bench she asked me a few basic questions and then proceeded to inform me of the company and their policies. It was a very easy and relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

I declined because they could not offer enough hours and pay was very minimal with strict goals. Another important factor was the managers organization. That was a huge clue as to how the business was ran.