Shield Healthcare

Shield Healthcare Interview Questions

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Shield Healthcare.

HR director was willing to come in on a Saturday to meet my busy schedule, as were the IT manager and even the CFO (!) for subsequent interviews. Allowed me to give one month's notice to my previous longtime employer. Everyone was very friendly and allowed sufficient time for me to come up to speed. Allowed a great degree of flexibility in approaching difficult IT problems.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to assist in other areas of the company outside of your normal activities on very short or no notice.   View Answer
    No complaints ... they allowed me to give extended notice to my longtime former employer. Verbal offer made by phone call after second set of interviews.

Manager of IT Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shield Healthcare.

Applied on their website, a week or 2 later HR set up a phone interview between me and the IT Director. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by the IT Director, who this position reports to. Right off the bat I was told how soul crushing the company is to people who don't fall in line. I was also told how 5 IT managers have been churned through in 3 years. Talk about red flags!

Unrealistic expectations were posed such as The IT manager should know the status of *everything* off the top of his head at all times without having to check with anyone. The IT Director then proceeded to put me through a round of "Stump The Chump," asking questions about various technical minutiae. Each answer was systematically ripped apart and spit back at me, multiple times insinuating that I didn't know what I was talking about. I will not be pursuing employment with this company. However, I am very thankful that they showed their true colors so early on.
        Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shield Healthcare in March 2013.

I submitted my resume for the open position on their website. I was contacted about 3 weeks later to set up a time for a phone interview. At the appointed time, the HR Rep called me but sounded very rushed and annoyed. She did a quick phone interview and said she'd have someone call me within a few days to schedule a one-on-one interview. I let several days pass without hearing anything, so I called the HR department to follow up. I played phone tag for a day or two and then received a rejection letter in the mail.

Their HR Department is highly unprofessional and I wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't show respect to prospective employees.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shield Healthcare in February 2011.

I was treated with an absolute lack of respect and watched as people kissed the presidents behind for fear of being fired.

An interview should be a p[professional experience not a side show.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shield Healthcare in January 2010.

Applied online and had a brief phone interview with HR clerk followed by an interview with the hiring manager a week later. He asked the usual questions and gave me a skills test. Recieved a phone call a week later with an offer of employment for $5 more per hour than I asked for. Overall the simplest interview process I have ever gone through.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: Your are working on a confidential project for me when the CEO stops by your desk and asks what you are working on. While it is work related, I'm not ready to show it to senior management. What do you say?   View Answer

Manager of IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shield Healthcare in January 2012.

My initial contact with the company was a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring Director. He seemed intent on "scaring me off" by relating how difficult the job would be.

I was called in for a 1 hour in-person interview with the Director and VP of the department. I was asked to complete an online personality test prior to the appointment date.

This was one of the most difficult interviews I've had. The two interviewers were very difficult to read, and I came out of the interview without a clear sense of whether I had done well or not. I knew I was qualified for the job, and appeared to be an excellent fit for the skills they were seeking. But they were inscrutable, so I was a little surprised when called back for another interview with the same two people the following week.

This one lasted a full 2 hours, and was probably the most unusual interview I've had. They clearly had some problem employees who had been poorly managed, and they were trying to determine whether I would be able to turn the department around or not. The questions and topics covered ranged widely, from skills questions ("Tell me how you would troubleshoot a problem with an Executive's email"), management style ("Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee"), personality ("Do you consider yourself a compassionate person?"), to much more obscure questions ("Did you play sports in High School, and were you any good?" ... "What would your dream car be, and why?" ... "What do you like about living in this area?"). It seemed they were trying to get a sense of my personality, and were clearly trying to avoid making a bad selection. But I believe HR would frown upon or outright object to many of the questions asked.

In the end they "went with another candidate," and that was as much feedback as I was able to get out of them. I don't know if I made some gaffe during the 3 1/2 hours of interviewing, or they just didn't like me as much as the "other guy." I would've liked more information about why the choice went another way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee for poor performance.
      How would you handle an employee who was tasked with a critical project, and not making significant progress?
      Have you ever promoted an employee, only to find out they were not right for the new position? What did you do?
      How much time do you think you need to assess the department before recommending changes?
      What are your top three priorities coming into the department, and how long would you expect to take to meet them?
        View Answer
    • Tell me how you would set up a shared folder. Explain the difference between folder permissions and share permissions.
      How would you troubleshoot a problem with an Executive's email if no one else was available?
      Can you configure a router? Can you configure a firewall? Have you worked with MPLS?
        View Answer
    • Did you play any sports in High School? Were you any good?
      What is your dream car, and why?
      What do you like about living in this area?
      Tell me about your hobbies and interests, outside of work.
      Do you consider yourself a compassionate person?
        View Answer

Worked for Shield Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!