Shionogi & Co.

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Shionogi & Co..

Interview Details – all they cared about was if you were in the top 5% of the company.

Interview Question – What percentile were your success in the nation   Answer Question

Professional Sales Representative Interview

Professional Sales Representative
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shionogi & Co. in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had one phone screen with a recruiter, one meeting with my manager, one meeting with their manager. Very easy interview process. Straight forward, regular sales questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Supplier Quality Manager Interview

Supplier Quality Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Shionogi & Co. in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone pres-screen with the hiring manager. Then flown in for face-to-face interview with hiring manager and co-worker. Additional interviews conducted with Quality Director, HR representative. Schedule somewhat disorganized due to travel schedules of interviewers. There did not seem to be a set procedure for defining questions or a consistent approach between interviewers. Total interviews took less than 1 full-day.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job, since it was a lower level and lower paying job than my current role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, was informed that I was at the top of the range for salary even with pay-decrease from previous position. My recruiter is now an in-house employee, so may have discouraged negotiation due to move internally.

Finance Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shionogi & Co. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Rushed.....Not given enough time.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Shionogi & Co. in March 2010.

Interview Details – A very professional environment. Offices were very modern in nice real estate. HR was professional and friendly. The people I did meet and see appeared to be relaxed and happy to be there. The interview questions were practical to the position and experience-based. There were no "off the wall" questions, surveys or evaluations.

Interview Question – Tell us how you are qualified for this position.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Shionogi & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shionogi & Co. interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shionogi & Co. employees and interview candidates.