Shipco Transport

2 candidate interviews

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
Rockford, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shipco Transport in September 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call with the Branch Manager regarding the open position and set up an interview 2 days following. Arrived for the interview, completed an application and spoke and interviewed with the Branch Manager and then later that day with the Supervisor of the Accounting Department.
2 days later received a phone call to come in for a 3rd interview and job offering.
Offer was made and accepted. Started 2 weeks later; due to resignation I gave to my current employer at the time.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Shipco Transport in July 2012.

Interview Details – Coming into this interview, you're expected to have some IT background. This is a support role where you will be responding to tickets and the more you close, the better. The process was not difficult, they ask you about the industry (NVOCC) but you don't have to know everything as you will primarily be responding to computer related questions. They'll present a small questionnaire on how you would respond to a certain problem, eg someone's emails are not coming in, cannot connect to server, my monitor resolution is off, my keyboard isn't responding, etc. If you can answer these, you'll pretty much be hired.

Interview Question – Discuss your prior experience when following up on a client/customer request (in any profession) came to be too overwhelming. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay isn't high but I was in the market for a job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Shipco Transport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shipco Transport interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Shipco Transport employees and interview candidates.