Shire Pharmaceuticals

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.8

Medical Science Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Quick process, 2 skype interviews, called to arrange travel for final interview at corporate office, during interim week received new hire paperwork to fill out, drug test info sent and completed by me at lab, called by "training" to discuss fleet car, computer, ipad, cell, training process - flew to corporate, all day interview with over-the-top positive feedback from all interviewers - 10 days later had heard nothing......... checked my SPAM folder to find an "Automated Manager" email with one line: "Thank you for sharing your background with us, but we've decided to keep your information on file for future possible matches".... WHAT??? Wow. An upper 6-figure job gets a SPAM email and not even the courtesy of a call to explain anything... I just thought it was pretty unprofessional... otherwise, I really liked the company, the people, the products, but MAN, they need to work on their professional hiring process... That was a very ugly ending, when it didn't have to be... Oh well, NEXT!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing... all the same boring interview questions that everyone asks... Yawn.   Answer Question

MFG Tech I Interview

Easy, show up and talk! I met with the supervisor and one of the techs. It was pretty informal, and it lasted about 15 minutes. Sometimes we now do interviews with the entire 7 man shift plus mgr for interviews of new hires

Interview Questions
    • not unexpected, but difficult for someone with no industry experience: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question
    painful, but I was able to get an extra dollar per hour

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Well my interview was unlike most because I was had a referral from a very large account in the territory. However, the process is similar to any other except they have a much more relaxed culture which is noticeable even in interviews.

Not really necessary.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

There was an open house interview for two positions there were quite a few people back to back the process took about 30 minutes and they wanted background
    information from your resume

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in June 2014.

Got an interview through a hiring agency. I had a 'panal' interview, met with 6 ppl in three waves. First met with manager who asked serious questions, then met with two that also asked questions but not as serious as manager, and last 'wave' met with three that didn't ask job related questions more so questions about myself. After met with panel I emailed two days later to try to find out where I stand and to say ty...its been a bit over two weeks haven't heard back from them but did receive a third party email informing me that the position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any 'difficult' questions per say; there were job related questions that were pretty straight forward; "have you every had experience with this....if so how....if you had to do so and so how would you approach this task...etc" some questions were personal such as 'tell me about yourself,....hobbies....etc'   Answer Question

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Applied online. Was contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks later requesting a face-to-face interview with the regional director. No brag book or other documents required. Went through CV and experiences for 20 mins. No hard questions. Next step was a HR phone interview then another more extensive face-to-face. However, I didn't make it to the 2nd round, but I was informed very promptly by HR via a std email. It's nice of Shire not to leave candidates hanging in limbo. The face-to-face screening interview was also unusual and in retrospect quite an efficient way to narrow down the candidates. They also offer to pay for transport costs.

Interview Questions
    • None. Screening interview was to discuss experiences and qualifications on CV.   Answer Question

QC Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Interview process was a good experience overall.

Intern Interview

Got a phone interview with HR and then a second phone interview with the project manager. Then a third on-site interview with the entire team. Questions were mostly about my resume and experiences.

Associate Director Interview

applied online through Shire website. Was contacted by HR for a phone screen. Was brought onsite for face to face with hiring manager and a few others in the organization. After about 3 weeks, brought back for a second round. Whole process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions about experience. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Very strong offer, however, they were flexible with sign on bonus.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in February 2014.

HR representative form Kelly Services contacted me to do the initial screening. Then, there was two rounds of interviews (mixed technical and behavioral) with the hiring manager.