Shire Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
44 interviews

2.8

Medical Science Liaison Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Quick process, 2 skype interviews, called to arrange travel for final interview at corporate office, during interim week received new hire paperwork to fill out, drug test info sent and completed by me at lab, called by "training" to discuss fleet car, computer, ipad, cell, training process - flew to corporate, all day interview with over-the-top positive feedback from all interviewers - 10 days later had heard nothing......... checked my SPAM folder to find an "Automated Manager" email with one line: "Thank you for sharing your background with us, but we've decided to keep your information on file for future possible matches".... WHAT??? Wow. An upper 6-figure job gets a SPAM email and not even the courtesy of a call to explain anything... I just thought it was pretty unprofessional... otherwise, I really liked the company, the people, the products, but MAN, they need to work on their professional hiring process... That was a very ugly ending, when it didn't have to be... Oh well, NEXT!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing... all the same boring interview questions that everyone asks... Yawn.   Answer Question

MFG Tech I Interview

Easy, show up and talk! I met with the supervisor and one of the techs. It was pretty informal, and it lasted about 15 minutes. Sometimes we now do interviews with the entire 7 man shift plus mgr for interviews of new hires

Interview Questions
    • not unexpected, but difficult for someone with no industry experience: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question
    painful, but I was able to get an extra dollar per hour

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Well my interview was unlike most because I was had a referral from a very large account in the territory. However, the process is similar to any other except they have a much more relaxed culture which is noticeable even in interviews.

Not really necessary.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

There was an open house interview for two positions there were quite a few people back to back the process took about 30 minutes and they wanted background
    information from your resume

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in June 2014.

Got an interview through a hiring agency. I had a 'panal' interview, met with 6 ppl in three waves. First met with manager who asked serious questions, then met with two that also asked questions but not as serious as manager, and last 'wave' met with three that didn't ask job related questions more so questions about myself. After met with panel I emailed two days later to try to find out where I stand and to say ty...its been a bit over two weeks haven't heard back from them but did receive a third party email informing me that the position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any 'difficult' questions per say; there were job related questions that were pretty straight forward; "have you every had experience with this....if so how....if you had to do so and so how would you approach this task...etc" some questions were personal such as 'tell me about yourself,....hobbies....etc'   Answer Question

Manufacturing Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in September 2013.

I went on 3 interviews at Shire before I was hired for the current position. The first 2 were in a different location than where I was hired. The first interview I was told it would be a round robin but then I was in a room with 6 people. The 2nd interview for the 2nd position was a round robin. The final job that I applied for I met with 6 people 2 at a time. There was no feedback from the first two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • After meeting with so many people it was difficult to come up with "questions" to pose to my interviewers since each pair of people had allotted 30 minutes to interview me.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in September 2013.

You will have most of the team members interviewing you on one-on-one basis. They will evaluate your technical and team work dynamics. The questions will be framed to understand if your skills and attributes match the same views as the company (aka BRAVE values).

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. The benefits were fantastic and this was my first job.

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals.

Applied online. Was contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks later requesting a face-to-face interview with the regional director. No brag book or other documents required. Went through CV and experiences for 20 mins. No hard questions. Next step was a HR phone interview then another more extensive face-to-face. However, I didn't make it to the 2nd round, but I was informed very promptly by HR via a std email. It's nice of Shire not to leave candidates hanging in limbo. The face-to-face screening interview was also unusual and in retrospect quite an efficient way to narrow down the candidates. They also offer to pay for transport costs.

Interview Questions
    • None. Screening interview was to discuss experiences and qualifications on CV.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in February 2014.

HR representative form Kelly Services contacted me to do the initial screening. Then, there was two rounds of interviews (mixed technical and behavioral) with the hiring manager.

Sharepoint Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Shire Pharmaceuticals in February 2013.

Kelly Services called me to identify a possible job offer. They set up a phone interview and handled all necessary paperwork issues with Shire.

Worked for Shire Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!