Shoe Carnival

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoe Carnival.

3 1 to 1 interviews over a couple of weeks span. Alot of repeated questions asked by each of interviewers to see if you answer the same way. 1 hour Integrety survey followed the 30 minute interview. Surprise questions to interrupt train of thought.
    Most questions fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me this phone book? Was an unexpected question   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I only had one interview and was hired on the spot. Started working there less than a week from when I got the interview it went very smoothly. The training was a little rushed and they wondered why I always asked questions about cashiering.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in July 2014.

So I was applying for jobs online and I applied for shoe carnival. I really didn't expect a call back because I didn't think they were hiring at the time but the called me about 10 days after I sent the application online and ask for an interview either that day or the following but I agreed to that day. So I went to the interview a little earlier and met with a supervisor. Since I'm still in high school I was only asked like 5 questions and the supervisor said I did good. So I went to get my work permit and now I'm waiting on a call back once my background check clears.

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoe Carnival.

You must attend two interviews with the floor supervisors and if they both like you then you move on to the GM for final evaluation. There is an interview sheet that Shoe Carnival provides that bases the questions off of your application and questionnaire that you are given when you take the online assessment.

Interview Questions
    • For some reason most people seem to find this the most difficult to answer: Describe a productive day.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Shoe Carnival in March 2014.

I only had to go for one interview with them. It was prettt short and they asked basic questions like what would happen if there was a problem with a customer etc. Overall it was not a very hard interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about how i would see myself in the future with the company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in June 2013.

very short, felt ignored

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" basically the only question i was asked...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in April 2013.

Direct with questions,evaluates situational experience And respectful of your perspective.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate / irrational customer.   Answer Question
    You can negotiate pay if you'd like.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in April 2012.

Was interviewed for 2 different stores. The first, was a horrible experience. The second was much better. One interview with the General Manager and a phone call with the Regional Manager and was hired at desired salary.

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in February 2012.

For the position of Floor Supervisor, the lowest paid full time position the company offers, the interview process is just ridiculous. I went through a four day process which included three face to face interviews and one telephone interview, for a position that paid $9.15/hr.

During the interview process two positions were mentioned. The funny thing was that it wasn't until my fourth day of employment that I actually found out what position I was hired for.

Overall, it was a very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. The interview experience was relatively easy.   Answer Question
    Quite pathetic. I was offered $9.15/hr and told that after thirty days I would get a $1/hr raise. What I wasn't told was that would have to take a test before getting that raise. While the test was simple, I wasn't even told about the test until after the 30 day mark.

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in March 2011.

Seemed like a good executive team but light years behind the times as it relates to E-Commerce and digital. Strange that partners were selected first prior to the business VP---think they realized late that they needed incremental skills to run the online business. Verbally told I was being called back. Contacted HR multiple times. Was told of delays. Heard via social media channels that another offer was made with no HR contact. Lack integrity!