Shoe Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shoe Carnival (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

Well thought out and all questions were appropriate for the position. The GM made me feel relaxed and not so worried about the interview as well. The entire interview process went quite smooth. As with most larger companies they use a template and choose what questions they are going to ask in the interview. This made them look prepared and like a professional company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about any previous experience in management since I applied for Store Management.   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at Shoe Carnival in May 2015.

Interview

very laid back. comfortable. no weird questions. I applied online and the questions were similar to the ones asked while applying. I spoke to two managers, both were nice and easy to talk to. I didn't get an offer because there were a couple others to interview but they said they'd call in a couple days

Interview Questions

• give and example of a time where you had to work as a team and there was a problem and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoe Carnival.

Interview

Easy simple fast really just talked about everything very laid back not serious at all talk to two different people kinda like good cop bad cop.just talked about myself and family and they asked me customer service questions and worst case scenario

Interview Questions

• How do handle multitasking   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shoe Carnival.

Interview

The application process is online on Shoecarnival.com, this process can take up to 30 mins. There are two interview process, Phone interview and In person interview. During the phone interview you are asked very straightforward questions, there are no unique questions, these are typical, basic interview questions that employers ask. If they think you will be right for the job, they invite you for the next step, which is the in person interview. This usually will take 30 minutes or maybe less, the questions are not challenging, they are basic interview questions that you can look up and practice.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions, they were all very generic. One of the questions maybe you can say was unexpected, was "What are you hoping to get out of this job?", but I do not think that is difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no circumstances that needed negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoe Carnival.

Interview

3 1 to 1 interviews over a couple of weeks span. Alot of repeated questions asked by each of interviewers to see if you answer the same way. 1 hour Integrety survey followed the 30 minute interview. Surprise questions to interrupt train of thought. Most questions fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Please sell me this phone book? Was an unexpected question   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I only had one interview and was hired on the spot. Started working there less than a week from when I got the interview it went very smoothly. The training was a little rushed and they wondered why I always asked questions about cashiering.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoe Carnival in July 2014.

Interview

So I was applying for jobs online and I applied for shoe carnival. I really didn't expect a call back because I didn't think they were hiring at the time but the called me about 10 days after I sent the application online and ask for an interview either that day or the following but I agreed to that day. So I went to the interview a little earlier and met with a supervisor. Since I'm still in high school I was only asked like 5 questions and the supervisor said I did good. So I went to get my work permit and now I'm waiting on a call back once my background check clears.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shoe Carnival (Mansfield, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied during the first week of June. They called me during the first week of July to schedule an interview. The interview was a few days later with one of the assistant managers. She was friendly and asked me basic interview questions as far as I remember. She said they would call me back for a second interview, and I was called about a week or two later. The second interview was mostly about availability and ability to work, etc. I was then required to go to a short meeting before being able to work.

Interview Questions

• I see that you're 16 years old. What do you do outside of school?   1 Answer

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoe Carnival.

Interview

You must attend two interviews with the floor supervisors and if they both like you then you move on to the GM for final evaluation. There is an interview sheet that Shoe Carnival provides that bases the questions off of your application and questionnaire that you are given when you take the online assessment.

Interview Questions

• For some reason most people seem to find this the most difficult to answer: Describe a productive day.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Shoe Carnival (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Really laid back environment, easy to get comfortable and really be yourself. Not a group interview but there were other applicants there.The interview took less than 30 minutes and the hiring process took less than a week.