Shoney's

Shoney's Interview Questions

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shoney's

Server Interview

Pretty simple. They set me down in a booth and just went over exactly why I wanted this job. They wanted to know what my goals were for this job, etc. Very nice. Nothing really unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer had a problem with the way the food was cooked?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shoney's in June 2013.

Not a well-structured process. Follow up was weak. I had to initiate contact for status updates. The interviewees came across as very nice and welcoming. Very fake.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or though provoking. I was able to control much of the interview.   Answer Question
    I was told via phone the offer and then sent an offer letter. However, much of the details were sketchy. I was misled on the amount of vacation and the retirement plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoney's in March 2013.

Honestly a sister of the hiring manager's called for me to get a job there and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I wasen't asked any questions because I was hired on the spot   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Shoney's in September 2012.

I was able to get an interview in a day's time, i filled out an application and talked to Brian about being interested in a position in their crew. He was kind and seemed interested in giving me a job, however no positions were available at that time. A second interview was set up a week later. Three weeks after that they called and informed me that a position was available and asked if i was still interested. i met with brian the next day and filled out paperwork and picked up my hideous shoney's baseball cap. I Started work the day after that.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoney's in September 2009.

The manager called me and asked to come in and sit down and talk to him. i came in and he asked me had i ever had any expierence in a resturant and i told him that i had ashed dishes in a small family owned resturant. He asked me if i though i could wait tables and i told him that i could he also asked me about wat kind of person considered myself to be and i said an honest God fearing guy. he told me to come in on monday for training and that was it. This of course was a short version, but i did go to school with his son.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything that you can not do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Picayune, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Picayune, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoney's in June 2009.

Read why I did not choose to take this job.

Interview Questions

When the manager started the interview she was chewing gum, she was drinking sweet tea, and she had her foot in the chair with her. At the beginning of the interview she asked me if I was on drugs and I told her no. Then she told me it's okay if you are several people here smoke pot and I don't mind it as long as it does not interfer with your work. And then at the end of the interview she was asking how I handle stress and she told me that she takes xanax. The whole interview was very unprofessional. And the fact that she knows people there do drugs, and she doesn't do anything about it is just wrong. If you are wanting a job there I suggest you do not do it, unless of coarse you're looking for a drug dealer or you want to become a drug dealer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoney's in February 2009.

Filled out an application and was interviewed the next day.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the owner what would you change   View Answer

salary was not high enough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, TN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoney's in January 2009.

they call set up a time for you to come in and sit down and talk with them to express why you feel you would be the one for the job. they usually get you a drink of your choice and go over the paper work with you and things that you will have to do and then decide weather the job is right for you.

Interview Questions
    know what you want in your career and have a goal set before it is asked of you to tell the person interviewing you.