Shoney's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Shoney's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Not a well-structured process. Follow up was weak. I had to initiate contact for status updates. The interviewees came across as very nice and welcoming. Very fake.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or though provoking. I was able to control much of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told via phone the offer and then sent an offer letter. However, much of the details were sketchy. I was misled on the amount of vacation and the retirement plan.

Harriman, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Shoney's in January 2009.

Interview Details – they call set up a time for you to come in and sit down and talk with them to express why you feel you would be the one for the job. they usually get you a drink of your choice and go over the paper work with you and things that you will have to do and then decide weather the job is right for you.

Interview Question – what do you look for this job to do for your future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – know what you want in your career and have a goal set before it is asked of you to tell the person interviewing you.

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at Shoney's

Interview Details – Pretty simple. They set me down in a booth and just went over exactly why I wanted this job. They wanted to know what my goals were for this job, etc. Very nice. Nothing really unexpected.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer had a problem with the way the food was cooked?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clinton, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoney's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Honestly a sister of the hiring manager's called for me to get a job there and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – I wasen't asked any questions because I was hired on the spot   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher
Salem, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Shoney's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was able to get an interview in a day's time, i filled out an application and talked to Brian about being interested in a position in their crew. He was kind and seemed interested in giving me a job, however no positions were available at that time. A second interview was set up a week later. Three weeks after that they called and informed me that a position was available and asked if i was still interested. i met with brian the next day and filled out paperwork and picked up my hideous shoney's baseball cap. I Started work the day after that.

Interview Question – There wasn't any!   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Fayetteville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Shoney's in September 2009.

Interview Details – The manager called me and asked to come in and sit down and talk to him. i came in and he asked me had i ever had any expierence in a resturant and i told him that i had ashed dishes in a small family owned resturant. He asked me if i though i could wait tables and i told him that i could he also asked me about wat kind of person considered myself to be and i said an honest God fearing guy. he told me to come in on monday for training and that was it. This of course was a short version, but i did go to school with his son.

Interview Question – Is there anything that you can not do?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoney's in February 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out an application and was interviewed the next day.

Interview Question – If you were the owner what would you change   View Answer

Reason for Declining – salary was not high enough

Very Easy Interview

Picayune, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoney's in June 2009.

Interview Details – Read why I did not choose to take this job.

Interview Question – Are You on Drugs?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – When the manager started the interview she was chewing gum, she was drinking sweet tea, and she had her foot in the chair with her. At the beginning of the interview she asked me if I was on drugs and I told her no. Then she told me it's okay if you are several people here smoke pot and I don't mind it as long as it does not interfer with your work. And then at the end of the interview she was asking how I handle stress and she told me that she takes xanax. The whole interview was very unprofessional. And the fact that she knows people there do drugs, and she doesn't do anything about it is just wrong. If you are wanting a job there I suggest you do not do it, unless of coarse you're looking for a drug dealer or you want to become a drug dealer.

Worked for Shoney's? Contribute to the Community!