Shook Hardy & Bacon Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shook Hardy & Bacon

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR Kansas City in response to resume on Monster. Interviewed with Office Administrator in Houston one week then with an attorney the following week. I received a contingent offer the third week. Background and conflicts check took two weeks then I received an official offer. They test on all MS office software and look for law firm experience. They run a thorough background check and obtain copies of university and paralegal school transcripts.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not very difficult but definitely thought provoking and intelligent.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked very personal questions - they should have stayed on point of experience and education. The interview lasted about 2 hours. There were two people in the room - but only one of the individuals did all of the talking while the other mostly observed you.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of; how you would interact with a difficult/combative co-worker.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Kansas City, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Application with essay on personal topic. Interviewed by two partners at the school. Conversation was very laid back, we joked a bit about horrible legal tv shows, about my courses that semester, and we even exchanged stories about certain infamous professors (at least one of the partners was an alumnus of the same school). Also- they gave me information about the program and what they felt were the most important qualities for success, in the program and beyond. Almost felt like the interview hadn't really started and then it was over, so I was worried we hadn't discussed enough substantive information for me to have a shot at the internship. I was offered the one spot anyway, so I assume the focus was on personality/compatibility, and the application/writing sample was the basis for the academic qualifications and determination.