Shook Hardy & Bacon

Candidate Interview Review

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon in April 2011.

Application with essay on personal topic. Interviewed by two partners at the school. Conversation was very laid back, we joked a bit about horrible legal tv shows, about my courses that semester, and we even exchanged stories about certain infamous professors (at least one of the partners was an alumnus of the same school). Also- they gave me information about the program and what they felt were the most important qualities for success, in the program and beyond. Almost felt like the interview hadn't really started and then it was over, so I was worried we hadn't discussed enough substantive information for me to have a shot at the internship. I was offered the one spot anyway, so I assume the focus was on personality/compatibility, and the application/writing sample was the basis for the academic qualifications and determination.

Interview Questions