Shop 'n Save Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

1.5

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shop 'n Save.

Interview

Very easy. Just simple questions about what was on your application. They drug test with a mouth swab. They specify that you will not be a full time worker and will start at current minimum wage. Nothing special, anyone can get hired.

Deli Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel Park, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Bethel Park, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied about 2 weeks before I got an interview. Manager was polite and knowledgeable, explained the position well. Made sure I didn't have any questions. Listened as much as he talked and didn't hesitate to listen to what I had to say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only said I prefer afternoons/evenings but mornings are okay. I start in two days at $8/hr. Weekly pay.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shop 'n Save in June 2014.

Interview

I got a call from the manager a couple of days after I applied online. I applied for stocking groceries but the job was for cashier position. During the interview I was asked the "tell me about yourself", next i was asked about previous employment, and since this was in the summer I was asked how long would I be working before i go back to school. next he explained the position and the working hours. After that he wanted to know if I had any questions. He let me know they were interviewing other people and he would call if they decided to choose me.

Interview Questions

• there was no difficult questions, the environment was relaxing and the interview was on 20 minutes tops.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

It was great question about past employers how i handle my self when it got busy. How i help fellow employees while in a rush.Jobs and training plus how accurate I was in performance of my duties
    most of my jobs were in Saint Louis MO. accept for the time in Chicago IL. how I would handle a unruly customer by calming them down ask if you provide a replacement idem a refund being the last recourse

Interview Questions

• where about past jobs in restaurant field which was Saint Louis MO.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I put in an online application, got a phone call the next day setting up an interview. Interview was two days after call. Very easy interview. Was hired in the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. All "tell me about yourself".   Answer Question

Produce Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (West Mifflin, PA).

Interview

Interview process was quick. I didn't have any work experience and they hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First Job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Was very easy, basically just filling out paper work with one of the upper level store managers. Applied and was contacted a few days later. Shop n' Save is sometimes desperate for employees and they make their interview process very simple in order to hire more people.

Negotiation

Non-existant

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrick, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Carrick, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was very casual and easy going. Basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just said I was hired.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Granite City, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview went very easy

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shop 'n Save (Bridgeville, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

This was a fairly simple interview. I met with the department manager and we sat down and discussed my past job experiences and my availability. I was then sent upstairs to fill out tax forms. After that I went back to meet with my interviewer and we discussed when I would start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered an amount and no negotiation