ShopKo Stores

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in March 2012.

My interview process began with campus recruiting at a job fair. I met with one of the Human Resource Managers who told me to apply online. Less than a week after applying online I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter that lasted approximately one hour. Questions were a blend of behavioral and "about you" questions. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and asked great follow up questions.
After the phone interview I had to wait a couple days before I knew the results of our interview. I successfully made it to a group interview. There were 11 other candidates from various universities, mostly business, retail, and apparel/design majors. We had a one hour intro session, in which we heard from 3 different corporate executives (one was a vice president). It was a calm and relaxed environment and each of the individuals taking charge of the intro session was equally as friendly as the corporate recruiter.
Next candidates moved into 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews, each lasting approximately 40 minutes. The interview questions were somewhat repetitive and took up about 25-30 minutes of the allotted time. Definitely come prepared with questions - and specific ones at that.
After the round of 1:1 interviews, we had a store tour given by two different employees. They essentially pointed out different aspects of branding, product placement and space planning, and things of that nature.

I received an email about my status (did not receive an offer) less than 48 hours after this process. I called the corporate recruiter for feedback and left him a voicemail message, which was never returned.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe: Shopko, Target, Walmart? (In terms of personality)   Answer Question
  • Where do you shop most often and why?   Answer Question