ShopKo Stores

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Merchandise Trainee Interview

Executive Merchandise Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in March 2012.

Interview Details – My interview process began with campus recruiting at a job fair. I met with one of the Human Resource Managers who told me to apply online. Less than a week after applying online I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter that lasted approximately one hour. Questions were a blend of behavioral and "about you" questions. He was very friendly, enthusiastic, and asked great follow up questions.
After the phone interview I had to wait a couple days before I knew the results of our interview. I successfully made it to a group interview. There were 11 other candidates from various universities, mostly business, retail, and apparel/design majors. We had a one hour intro session, in which we heard from 3 different corporate executives (one was a vice president). It was a calm and relaxed environment and each of the individuals taking charge of the intro session was equally as friendly as the corporate recruiter.
Next candidates moved into 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews, each lasting approximately 40 minutes. The interview questions were somewhat repetitive and took up about 25-30 minutes of the allotted time. Definitely come prepared with questions - and specific ones at that.
After the round of 1:1 interviews, we had a store tour given by two different employees. They essentially pointed out different aspects of branding, product placement and space planning, and things of that nature.

I received an email about my status (did not receive an offer) less than 48 hours after this process. I called the corporate recruiter for feedback and left him a voicemail message, which was never returned.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ShopKo Stores

Worked for ShopKo Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShopKo Stores Executive Merchandise Trainee interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ShopKo Stores employees and interview candidates.