ShopKo Stores

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Interview

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – I have yet to be hired, but I have recently had my interview. It went fairly well, I over panicked here thinking it was going to be hard because it was my first job.

Interview Question – These are the questions I remember:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why should Shopko hire you?
3. Explain a situation in school where you took a leadership role
4. Explain a time where you had good customer service
5. Explain a time where you had bad customer service.
6. Explain a time in school where you were frustrated with someone in a project because they didn't do their part.
7. Do you have any questions? (Make sure you come with at least three questions)
That was about it, all pretty easy if you ask me, but you should prepare for these and more just in case.
He ended up telling me He though I was a good fit for the job and they should be contacting me soon.
  Answer Question

Optician Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume online and completed online assessment. Received a phone call and interview request the next day. At the interview, the Optical Manager stepped out and came back with another manager and asked to do the follow up interview right then. I was contacted within 2 days after the interviews, and offered the job.

Interview Question – The questions were very general. "Tell me about yourself", "Worst customer service experience you've had", "Best customer service experience".   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The pharmacy manager called to set up the interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions about handling upset customers, multitasking, prioritizing, dealing with higher than normal work volume. It took about a week for them to contact me regarding the decision because I applied just before the Christmas/New Year's Eve holiday. Total time from application to start date was about a month due to the holiday.

Interview Question – I don't feel like any of the questions were really difficult. All questions were within legal limits and related to the job duties.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Any Interview

Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just a basic process- If you can show that you are more than capable and willing to work you more than likely have a job.
I also use to do some hiring-again if you have a good application, no spotty jobs, can hold a job you're good to go.
Shopko is very easy going, they make it a very welcome environment in the interview process. There is no worry to be had at Shopko

Interview Question – A time when you have shown great customer service-not unexpected but it really makes you think.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was hired as a part time cashier-very easy to work your way up as well. It's a great company to work for.

GM Salesfloor Interview

GM Salesfloor
Wausau, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – First I applied online, and then I received a phone call for and interview. The interview last around 20 or more minutes, which involved all sorts of questions easy and hard ones. The interviewer then asked if I had any questions then said they would call in a week. I did receive another phone call offering me the job which I took at that time.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at a shopko store?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Interview Details – Pretty typical interview process. Phone interview first with basic questions. In person interviews with 3 different people. Again basic questions like tell me a time you did and how did you handle Y". By the third person I felt like I was repeating myself a lot and it might have been a better idea to do a panel interview to reduce the redundancy. Offer was made over the phone.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in November 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted an application and got a call about a week later. Had my interview a few days after that and started working a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

General Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Interview Details – 2 phones interviews simple basic retail questions anyone would ask. Face to face with store manager and then face to face with district manager and store manager. Face to face with DM seemed to be an interrogation and looking for what answer he wanted and not what your previous experience offered you.

Interview Question – What have you been doing to professionally develop yourself over the last year..( mind you I took a year off to stay home with baby and wasn't doing anything and he was kind of not nice about that answer).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No one seemed to be on the same page when it came to store level and corporate level and don't take their word when they say they will call next day...I would have to call them days later to follow up that they had not called.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in April/May, had an interview in late June, second interview at the same time with the Store Manager and hired on the spot. The Customer Service Manager was great, but the Store manager made my skin crawl.

Interview Question – The most unexpected questions were from the Store manager. He lacked couth and professionalism. I was taken back by his behavior.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You get what you get. Expect minimum wage, be happy with a dime more.

Pharmacist Interview

Interviewed at ShopKo Stores

Interview Details – Initial communication was through a university based interview day. Fairly generic interview that was predominantly a conversation instead of a scripted type interview seen in other large employers. Interviewer spent time reviewing my resume and we went over in detail my work experience as well as geographical preferences for employment.

Interview Question – What about retail pharmacy interests you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShopKo Stores

Worked for ShopKo Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ShopKo Stores interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by ShopKo Stores employees and interview candidates.