ShopKo Stores

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview took place at Shopko, In front of 4 managers, they asked standard interview questions....What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself with us?

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult situations with coworkers?   Answer Question

GM Salesfloor Interview

GM Salesfloor
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Interview Details – Normal interview and hiring process. After getting hired there are a few days of paid orientation to adjust to the company atmosphere. A background check is usually ran on the applicant. No drug testing is required. The overall process is quick and painless. Before the interview there is an online personality test.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Delavan, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Interview Details – Minimal questions. Not impressive. More often than not, incompetent people were hired by upper management. Seemed if one was a warm body you were hired. Also false promises made during interview that my many years of experience would be brought to attention of DM. This NEVER happened.

Interview Question – There were none! Questions were extremely easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Plan on 7.25 to 8.00 an hours regardless of your experience.
Deep regret I accepted employment with Shopko. Had MUCH more experience than interviewer and 95% of employees on staff.

Professional Corporate Position Interview

Professional Corporate Position
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview - they asked behavior based interview questions and it was a bit tricky. They ask for specific situations and then they ask what happened, what you did, and other questions around the situation. You better know all the sides or else you're in trouble. All in all, it was tougher than normal.

Interview Question – Time when I showed resolve   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – My interview wad at 3 pm so I walked in a went to customer services to asked for my interviewer a couple minutes early. IIt took about ten minutes for her to come get me. When she finally came, we went to her office. She asked me a couple questions and wrote my answers down. Some of the questions that I remember were: tell me about yourself, give a time when I was given good customer serviced, asked if I smile available on Black Friday and why do I want to work there. It was less than five minutes. She called for the store manager to come and so I waited for like three minutes. The sm came in took a seat and asked me why I want to work there, talked about Black Friday then left. I didn't give then my resume and was out of there by 3:25 pm.

Interview Question – I didn't know how to answer her when asked for the best customer serviced I was given.   Answer Question

Customer Service Department Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Department Supervisor
Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – Application, phone interview, and then in person interview. Dressing for the job that you want not even the job your applying for. I dressed like a corporate executive not a customer service manager.

Interview Question – Explain a time when one you were frustrated how did you handle your employees?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Rate of pay not enough.

Sales Floor Interview

Sales Floor
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – I have yet to be hired, but I have recently had my interview. It went fairly well, I over panicked here thinking it was going to be hard because it was my first job.

Interview Question – These are the questions I remember:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why should Shopko hire you?
3. Explain a situation in school where you took a leadership role
4. Explain a time where you had good customer service
5. Explain a time where you had bad customer service.
6. Explain a time in school where you were frustrated with someone in a project because they didn't do their part.
7. Do you have any questions? (Make sure you come with at least three questions)
That was about it, all pretty easy if you ask me, but you should prepare for these and more just in case.
He ended up telling me He though I was a good fit for the job and they should be contacting me soon.
  Answer Question

Optician Interview

Optician

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume online and completed online assessment. Received a phone call and interview request the next day. At the interview, the Optical Manager stepped out and came back with another manager and asked to do the follow up interview right then. I was contacted within 2 days after the interviews, and offered the job.

Interview Question – The questions were very general. "Tell me about yourself", "Worst customer service experience you've had", "Best customer service experience".   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The pharmacy manager called to set up the interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions about handling upset customers, multitasking, prioritizing, dealing with higher than normal work volume. It took about a week for them to contact me regarding the decision because I applied just before the Christmas/New Year's Eve holiday. Total time from application to start date was about a month due to the holiday.

Interview Question – I don't feel like any of the questions were really difficult. All questions were within legal limits and related to the job duties.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Any
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just a basic process- If you can show that you are more than capable and willing to work you more than likely have a job.
I also use to do some hiring-again if you have a good application, no spotty jobs, can hold a job you're good to go.
Shopko is very easy going, they make it a very welcome environment in the interview process. There is no worry to be had at Shopko

Interview Question – A time when you have shown great customer service-not unexpected but it really makes you think.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was hired as a part time cashier-very easy to work your way up as well. It's a great company to work for.

Worked for ShopKo Stores? Contribute to the Community!