ShopKo Stores

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Barely interviewed me and just asked me about availability and previous experience. When I said i had none they told me that was okay. The only question that was hard at all was "do you have any questions for me?" Because that's a trick question to ask if you were listening and actually care about the job. Said that they'd call me back the end of the week for orientation in the beginning of the next week but still haven't gotten a call. Called back once and the hiring manager was gone, and today I talked to her and she said she'd call me back in half an hour 2 hours ago.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in November 2014.

I arrived 15 minutes early and waited about 20 minutes. I was interviewed by one person. He asked me to tell him a little about myself and past job experience. Asked me to tell him what I think good customer experience looked like. Left the the room, came back in. Told me I Interviewed great. Asked about my expected salary. Made an offer. I accepted. Said it may take a few days for my background check to come back. it came back the next day. I now have orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult position you were put in at work and how y out handled it.   Answer Question
    I asked to start at 8.25 an hour. They said I will be getting 8.25 - 9.00/hr

Cashier Interview

I had an interview and it seemed pretty professional. I thought I did well, but I got an email saying I didn't get the job (with very poor spelling and grammar).

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belvidere, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belvidere, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in July 2014.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I believe the drug test took longer than any questions asked. The Pharm mgr did not ask any behavioral type questions, only about experience. I had no experience other than a 120 hr Internship & was offered the position on the spot. I then waited for the background check from the headquarters which took about 5 days. Made an appointment with the store manager to go over all the company details & set up pay deposit. Immediately after the 2 hours with HR, I was working 4 hours in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't ask any behavioral type interview questions at all.   View Answer
    No negotiating. He said "..even certified, this is the highest corporate will allow me to offer you."

GM Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Normal interview and hiring process. After getting hired there are a few days of paid orientation to adjust to the company atmosphere. A background check is usually ran on the applicant. No drug testing is required. The overall process is quick and painless. Before the interview there is an online personality test.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delavan, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delavan, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Minimal questions. Not impressive. More often than not, incompetent people were hired by upper management. Seemed if one was a warm body you were hired. Also false promises made during interview that my many years of experience would be brought to attention of DM. This NEVER happened.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Plan on 7.25 to 8.00 an hours regardless of your experience.
    Deep regret I accepted employment with Shopko. Had MUCH more experience than interviewer and 95% of employees on staff.

Sales Floor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ShopKo Stores in June 2014.

They gave me a call and set up an interview. The interview was 4 minutes and he left during part of it. Wasn't sure I got the job and just left me hanging. Background check almost took a month to get done.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in May 2014.

My interview wad at 3 pm so I walked in a went to customer services to asked for my interviewer a couple minutes early. IIt took about ten minutes for her to come get me. When she finally came, we went to her office. She asked me a couple questions and wrote my answers down. Some of the questions that I remember were: tell me about yourself, give a time when I was given good customer serviced, asked if I smile available on Black Friday and why do I want to work there. It was less than five minutes. She called for the store manager to come and so I waited for like three minutes. The sm came in took a seat and asked me why I want to work there, talked about Black Friday then left. I didn't give then my resume and was out of there by 3:25 pm.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't know how to answer her when asked for the best customer serviced I was given.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

I have yet to be hired, but I have recently had my interview. It went fairly well, I over panicked here thinking it was going to be hard because it was my first job.

Interview Questions
    • These are the questions I remember:
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why should Shopko hire you?
      3. Explain a situation in school where you took a leadership role
      4. Explain a time where you had good customer service
      5. Explain a time where you had bad customer service.
      6. Explain a time in school where you were frustrated with someone in a project because they didn't do their part.
      7. Do you have any questions? (Make sure you come with at least three questions)
      That was about it, all pretty easy if you ask me, but you should prepare for these and more just in case.
      He ended up telling me He though I was a good fit for the job and they should be contacting me soon.

Answer Question

Customer Service Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Application, phone interview, and then in person interview. Dressing for the job that you want not even the job your applying for. I dressed like a corporate executive not a customer service manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when one you were frustrated how did you handle your employees?   View Answer

Rate of pay not enough.