ShopKo Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.5

Cashier Interview

I had an interview and it seemed pretty professional. I thought I did well, but I got an email saying I didn't get the job (with very poor spelling and grammar).

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in November 2013.

Applied during seasonal hiring and got an interview the day after I applied. I loved my job during seasonal time so I hope that it happens again this year.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate at all because it was my first job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in November 2013.

Interview took place at Shopko, In front of 4 managers, they asked standard interview questions....What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself with us?

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult situations with coworkers?   Answer Question

GM Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Normal interview and hiring process. After getting hired there are a few days of paid orientation to adjust to the company atmosphere. A background check is usually ran on the applicant. No drug testing is required. The overall process is quick and painless. Before the interview there is an online personality test.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delavan, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delavan, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Minimal questions. Not impressive. More often than not, incompetent people were hired by upper management. Seemed if one was a warm body you were hired. Also false promises made during interview that my many years of experience would be brought to attention of DM. This NEVER happened.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Plan on 7.25 to 8.00 an hours regardless of your experience.
    Deep regret I accepted employment with Shopko. Had MUCH more experience than interviewer and 95% of employees on staff.

Professional Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2010.

Panel interview - they asked behavior based interview questions and it was a bit tricky. They ask for specific situations and then they ask what happened, what you did, and other questions around the situation. You better know all the sides or else you're in trouble. All in all, it was tougher than normal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in May 2014.

My interview wad at 3 pm so I walked in a went to customer services to asked for my interviewer a couple minutes early. IIt took about ten minutes for her to come get me. When she finally came, we went to her office. She asked me a couple questions and wrote my answers down. Some of the questions that I remember were: tell me about yourself, give a time when I was given good customer serviced, asked if I smile available on Black Friday and why do I want to work there. It was less than five minutes. She called for the store manager to come and so I waited for like three minutes. The sm came in took a seat and asked me why I want to work there, talked about Black Friday then left. I didn't give then my resume and was out of there by 3:25 pm.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't know how to answer her when asked for the best customer serviced I was given.   Answer Question

Customer Service Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Application, phone interview, and then in person interview. Dressing for the job that you want not even the job your applying for. I dressed like a corporate executive not a customer service manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when one you were frustrated how did you handle your employees?   View Answer

Rate of pay not enough.

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

I have yet to be hired, but I have recently had my interview. It went fairly well, I over panicked here thinking it was going to be hard because it was my first job.

Interview Questions
    • These are the questions I remember:
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why should Shopko hire you?
      3. Explain a situation in school where you took a leadership role
      4. Explain a time where you had good customer service
      5. Explain a time where you had bad customer service.
      6. Explain a time in school where you were frustrated with someone in a project because they didn't do their part.
      7. Do you have any questions? (Make sure you come with at least three questions)
      That was about it, all pretty easy if you ask me, but you should prepare for these and more just in case.
      He ended up telling me He though I was a good fit for the job and they should be contacting me soon.
        Answer Question

Optician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in August 2011.

Submitted a resume online and completed online assessment. Received a phone call and interview request the next day. At the interview, the Optical Manager stepped out and came back with another manager and asked to do the follow up interview right then. I was contacted within 2 days after the interviews, and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very general. "Tell me about yourself", "Worst customer service experience you've had", "Best customer service experience".   Answer Question

Worked for ShopKo Stores? Contribute to the Community!