ShopKo Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

I had an interview and it seemed pretty professional. I thought I did well, but I got an email saying I didn't get the job (with very poor spelling and grammar).

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belvidere, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belvidere, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in July 2014.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes. I believe the drug test took longer than any questions asked. The Pharm mgr did not ask any behavioral type questions, only about experience. I had no experience other than a 120 hr Internship & was offered the position on the spot. I then waited for the background check from the headquarters which took about 5 days. Made an appointment with the store manager to go over all the company details & set up pay deposit. Immediately after the 2 hours with HR, I was working 4 hours in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't ask any behavioral type interview questions at all.   View Answer
    No negotiating. He said "..even certified, this is the highest corporate will allow me to offer you."

GM Salesfloor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Normal interview and hiring process. After getting hired there are a few days of paid orientation to adjust to the company atmosphere. A background check is usually ran on the applicant. No drug testing is required. The overall process is quick and painless. Before the interview there is an online personality test.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delavan, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delavan, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Minimal questions. Not impressive. More often than not, incompetent people were hired by upper management. Seemed if one was a warm body you were hired. Also false promises made during interview that my many years of experience would be brought to attention of DM. This NEVER happened.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Plan on 7.25 to 8.00 an hours regardless of your experience.
    Deep regret I accepted employment with Shopko. Had MUCH more experience than interviewer and 95% of employees on staff.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in May 2014.

My interview wad at 3 pm so I walked in a went to customer services to asked for my interviewer a couple minutes early. IIt took about ten minutes for her to come get me. When she finally came, we went to her office. She asked me a couple questions and wrote my answers down. Some of the questions that I remember were: tell me about yourself, give a time when I was given good customer serviced, asked if I smile available on Black Friday and why do I want to work there. It was less than five minutes. She called for the store manager to come and so I waited for like three minutes. The sm came in took a seat and asked me why I want to work there, talked about Black Friday then left. I didn't give then my resume and was out of there by 3:25 pm.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't know how to answer her when asked for the best customer serviced I was given.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

I have yet to be hired, but I have recently had my interview. It went fairly well, I over panicked here thinking it was going to be hard because it was my first job.

Interview Questions
    • These are the questions I remember:
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why should Shopko hire you?
      3. Explain a situation in school where you took a leadership role
      4. Explain a time where you had good customer service
      5. Explain a time where you had bad customer service.
      6. Explain a time in school where you were frustrated with someone in a project because they didn't do their part.
      7. Do you have any questions? (Make sure you come with at least three questions)
      That was about it, all pretty easy if you ask me, but you should prepare for these and more just in case.
      He ended up telling me He though I was a good fit for the job and they should be contacting me soon.
        Answer Question

Customer Service Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in April 2014.

Application, phone interview, and then in person interview. Dressing for the job that you want not even the job your applying for. I dressed like a corporate executive not a customer service manager.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when one you were frustrated how did you handle your employees?   View Answer

Rate of pay not enough.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

Pretty typical interview process. Phone interview first with basic questions. In person interviews with 3 different people. Again basic questions like tell me a time you did and how did you handle Y". By the third person I felt like I was repeating myself a lot and it might have been a better idea to do a panel interview to reduce the redundancy. Offer was made over the phone.

no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores in December 2013.

I applied online. The pharmacy manager called to set up the interview. The interview consisted of behavioral questions about handling upset customers, multitasking, prioritizing, dealing with higher than normal work volume. It took about a week for them to contact me regarding the decision because I applied just before the Christmas/New Year's Eve holiday. Total time from application to start date was about a month due to the holiday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel like any of the questions were really difficult. All questions were within legal limits and related to the job duties.   Answer Question

General Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ShopKo Stores.

2 phones interviews simple basic retail questions anyone would ask. Face to face with store manager and then face to face with district manager and store manager. Face to face with DM seemed to be an interrogation and looking for what answer he wanted and not what your previous experience offered you.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing to professionally develop yourself over the last year..( mind you I took a year off to stay home with baby and wasn't doing anything and he was kind of not nice about that answer).   Answer Question

No one seemed to be on the same page when it came to store level and corporate level and don't take their word when they say they will call next day...I would have to call them days later to follow up that they had not called.

Worked for ShopKo Stores? Contribute to the Community!