ShopNBC

Profile Unclaimed

ShopNBC Interview Questions

2.6

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC.

Had a group interview with 3 other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that people miss interrupt about you?   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at ShopNBC.

I applied in March and heard back in June. First was a phone screening, then panel interview. My panel interview consisted of 5 candidates, one hour with two HR personnel and an hour and a half with four buyers. Then a one on one interview with a buyer. There was about a week between interviews and hearing from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time of conflict or mistake you made and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC in March 2013.

Simple questions, prior experience questions, ask about computer skills

Don't take the job

Merchandising Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC in March 2013.

Applied online and through connections, had an interview at HQ March 2013

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected aspect of the interview was that it was a group interview   Answer Question

Retail Merchandise Support Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC in July 2012.

Applied online. Was contacted for a phone interview. Was then contacted to do an in-person interview. Took a couple of weeks from initial contact through in-person interview.

Re: The opportunity to learn about the position - the interview was disappointing because the recruiter could not answer many, if any, questions regarding the actual job itself. They should have someone from the dept. present during the second interview who can discuss the daily position tasks in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?

Difficult only because it seems like they don't want to hear that you would like to advance to other positions in the company instead of staying in the same entry-level position for the next five years. Pretty ridiculous.

Answer Question

Product Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC in May 2012.

The first interview was a group interview with an HR rep and 10-12 interviewees. The HR rep asked the entire group 3 questions and we had to go around the room to answer.

The second interview was also a group interview with 6-8 interviewees. The same questions were asked, except there was a panel of interviewers from the business unit we were applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included: Tell me about your experiences? What are your three greatest strengths and one greatest weakness? What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no room for negotiation.

Merchandising Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ShopNBC in April 2012.

Contacted through email and asked to set up a group interview.
    Interviewed with 3 other people and asked basic questions such as schooling, extra curricular activities, work history, 3 strengths, 1 weakness.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest accomplishment?   View Answer
    • What are your 3 greatest strengths and 1 weakness?   View Answer

Because I was offered a paying position with a different company.

Senior Sales and Product Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ShopNBC in April 2012.

Horrible. Should have realized how unorganized and dysfunctional the company was at this very point. Questions were completely random and had zero to do with any previous job experience or anything pertaining to qualities which would allow me to perform job I was seeking. Was quizzed on exact metrics used by the home shopping industry, which I clearly had no previous experience in, nor any way of knowing such specifics used by a single company.

Interview Questions
    • "this is a coffee cup and this is a calculator, pretend one is an iphone and one is a samsung and tell me how you would know which is better?"   Answer Question
    Definitely was low balled and accepted as it was higher of salary than what I was making. Very frustrating to be making same salary many years later. 1. Don't take the job 2. If you do, negotiate the salary

Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ShopNBC in August 2011.

quick and easy

Interview Questions
    They offered me more money than i expected-- very nice for once.

Direct Fulfillement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ShopNBC in May 2010.

2 1:1 interviews with hr rep and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time when you have worked with vendors?   Answer Question