Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Expert Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in September 2012.

Didn't really go through an interview. They Just asked me if I had experience working with cosmetics and comfortable applying makeup applications on people.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in November 2009.

I had my interview with the Beauty Boutique Manager. The interview process was standard with some tough questions that every employer asks. There werent too many beauty specific questions - more customer service questions. They asked what would I do in certain situations. How would I rate myself? Why you should get the job? etc

Interview Questions
    • What would I do to increase sales?   View Answer
    • Give me an example of excellent customer service you've received.   Answer Question
    Having no experience in cosmetic retail and limited experience in customer service, I didn't have much to negotiate with.

Beauty Expert Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in February 2009.

I walked in with confidence and introduced myself. I have a background in skincare and makeup so was not intimidated and feel very comfortable meeting new people. The manager asked why I wanted to work there and what I can bring to the company. I never once hesitated in my answers and the interview turned into a very nice casual conversation. She asked what I would do if I was put into a tough situation and I just used common sense. There were other regular questions about work flexibility, cleaning duties, cash questions and wage.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated and started at $11 plus commission. Now 3 years later I'm at $16 plus commission. Although I did transfer to another location. Just show them you would be an asset to their company, don't hesitate and never give them anything negative about yourself. Show confidence, be assertive, be professional and show passion for the work you are applying for. I was asked what my faults would be and it was " I always like to get everything done and want to help my customers and give them the best experience that I sometimes forget to take my breaks." Also there were times I had 3 regulars come in all at the same time to see me and I couldn't get to them fast enough, but were all willing and happy to wait. So turn a negative into a positive. Know what you are worth based on your experience and don't feel bad about asking for a little higher wage because every company will want to pay less and start very low.