Shoppers Drug Mart

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.4

Beauty Expert Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied online and got called in for an interview a few days later. I went to the store and had an interview with the Beauty Boutique Manager. I was called back the next day and got the job. I had to go back to fill out paper work.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me basic questions about E-clientelling and situational questions. "What would you do if a coworker breaking a rule ect.." "How would you deal with a difficult situation such as..." Also asked questions like "What was something you took from your college experience". It's super straight forward.   Answer Question

Cosmetician/Beauty Boutique Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied online and got a call about a week later. I had an interview the next day.

The interview took about 10 minutes. There was the beauty boutique manager interviewing me with a younger assistant manager sitting in and listening. The interview took place in the pharmacist consultation room.

Interview Questions
    • -tell me about yourself
      -sell me this imaginary product
      -what did you learn at school
      -what do you wish your school program would have done differently
      -do you have retail experience
      -have you ever done event coordination type things
      -why do you think you would be good for this job
      (why should we hire you)
      -clarifying on my personality (questions what do you mean)
      -whats your availability
      -how are you at approaching sales

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Friend who worked there got me in. I dropped my resume off and got a call a day later. Met with the front store manager who asked me general questions about my past experience and future career goals.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I first applied online to various locations, and received no reply from any of them. I then attended a job fair the next month where they were hiring people for a brand new store. The interviewer was very nice and there were no unexpected questions - he even commented on how pleasant I was. However, I didn't not receive a call and was not offered a position. But on the same day that I was expecting the call, I received an email from another Shoppers location (one that I had applied to online the previous month) asking for an interview. I had the interview within the next couple days with the Front Store Manager who was very quick and to-the-point. The interview lasted only 10 minutes at the most. I took time answering the questions, which were mostly ones that I was prepared to answer and he wrote everything down. I was the last of the interviews he had and said he would call the next day. Next day I didn't receive a call but an email apologizing as there was an emergency, and for me to call him the next morning. I called and was offered a job as a part-time cashier at five cents more than minimum wage. I accepted and my training started a month later, as there were no training times available during the current month.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they were mostly asking about my past experience. Most difficult: "Name 3 things that you think you would like about working here, and 3 things you imagine you wouldn't like."   Answer Question

Front Store Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Never had an interview, dropped off resumee and kept calling to talk to cash manager. Finally got her on the phone, was told to come in for training. Just keep calling until they get you to come in. If there is an interview, dont expect it to be difficult.

Marketing Pharmacy Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Phone interview with HR only. They described the position then ask you to describe your background and experience, what are your strengths, why did you leave your last position? Phone interview lasted 30 minutes Within a week they confirmed days and times to meet with the hiring manager (director) Interview with Director was more specific questions on " tell me about a time when - you had to handle a conflict? What would you consider your weakness? Approximately 2 weeks HR called to advise they chose another candidate; however they were very helpful and advised how the chosen candidate had additional experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly I Was asked my salary from previous employer on first phone interview this seems to be more common to ask upfront   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in November 2014.

It took two days to get an answer (that's because they really want someone). Asked basic questions about your work experiences, your motivation at work, your education, and salary. Interviewer emphasized on customer service. It is actually their first priority over there. Be careful about your motives to work there...If the interviewer is easy, you may pass with whatever you say. Interviewer also asked availability and to sign a form (i forgot the name of it).

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

applied online and called me just two day after to have an interview for next week. During the interview, filled out an infomation form first and got interviewed by two people. Nothing unique, "why shoppers?" " what is your motivation?""how do you think of customer service?" "weakness and strengths" etc. And they also ask me when can i start and what is my preferred time.

COSMETICS Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Very little professional questions. More of when can you start and I like you, lets put you on the schedule. It was a 15 minute chat and the next day I was called with the date I was to start. The Manager was young and not versed on questions or answering skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Easy as could be. 15 minute chat and your hired.   View Answer
    We want you to start Tuesday.

Front Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

The Interview:
    Stage 1: Meeting with the previous FSP
    ( waiting period of 2 months )
    Stage 2: After waiting 2 months, finally heard back from them via email, asking me to come back in for a secondary interview, which I had agreed.
    ( waiting period AGAIN 2 weeks )
    Stage 3: After another long wait got an email again, asking me to come in for the 3rd interview
    I went to my 3rd interview, oh wait the owner wasn't available to make it so, I can to re-schuele for the following morning, so I can came back the next day and the owner couldn't give me any proper attention, NEVER made eye contact not once with me.
    ( IT'S TYPICALLY LIKE THE OWNER NEVER CARRIED )
    Stage 5: Awaited to hear back, so I sent a Thank you letter to the employer, and the Store manager said that she told me the day after that I never got the job!!!! That they gave it to someone else inside the company. But they wanted to offer a floaters job of working all departments, ha ha NO!!

Seriously A WHOLE WAITING TIME OF ALMOST 3 MONTHS TO HEAR YOU GAVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE, TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME... I was looking forward to hearing from them and getting into what I believed was a good company, but dealing with employees over email and discussing a career with the company isn't how to properly conduct business.
    Was very much let down, Shoppers Drug Mart ( Oakville )