Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied (to a specific location) online (on a Saturday) and received a phone call and an email from the Store Mngr/Pharmacy Owner two days later (Monday) to set up an interview.
    Met with the Front-Store Mngr the following morning (Tues), and when I got home from the interview, the Store Mngr already sent me an email offering me the job! And a higher wage than I was getting from my current employer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think this position is right for you?   1 Answer
    • (In comparison to the company I was employed with) Are u prepared and willing to work in a smaller store environment?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agincourt, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Agincourt, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called by the front manager for an interview and I felt mind of awkward about the first thing she asked me "are you going to quit your job to join us?" I felt that was demanding? However, we set up a time to see each other and when I had a chance to see her, she did not really answer me any new questions... only the same one on thephone. she just stared at my resume for more than 5 minutes.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Candidate profiles are done online. You submit a detailed profile through their online portal. If you meet the criteria, the employer will call you to schedule an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Relate an experience where you had to explain a product or service to a confused customer   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

One phone interview and in person interview. The first one was with the recruiter and the second one with the hiring manager. Needed to know about the company and the role. How you can benefit the company in this role. I showed my degrees and assure her of my contribution to the project. That was not a difficult interview and there was not any routine STAR questions. Just it took a long time for them to reply.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Phone call prior to physical interview. Did not extend basic courtesies such as "Are you able to talk now?" or where she got my resume. Overlooked decades of prior experience, including SDM. More and more CM's are parodies of good business practice.

Interview Questions

• Along the lines of setting up a physical interview. Ebullient and assertive. Very few questions; did almost all of the talking. Volunteered that recent hires had been fired due to lack of performance. It is easy to understand why. Performance bar was the highest I had ever heard of, including those in ultra high end stores.   1 Answer

I declined taking it to the next level.

Beauty Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a few days later. I went to the store and had an interview with the Beauty Boutique Manager. I was called back the next day and got the job. I had to go back to fill out paper work.

Interview Questions

• She asked me basic questions about E-clientelling and situational questions. "What would you do if a coworker breaking a rule ect.." "How would you deal with a difficult situation such as..." Also asked questions like "What was something you took from your college experience". It's super straight forward.   Answer Question

Cosmetician/Beauty Boutique Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Whitby, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about a week later. I had an interview the next day.

The interview took about 10 minutes. There was the beauty boutique manager interviewing me with a younger assistant manager sitting in and listening. The interview took place in the pharmacist consultation room.

Interview Questions

• -tell me about yourself
      -sell me this imaginary product
      -what did you learn at school
      -what do you wish your school program would have done differently
      -do you have retail experience
      -have you ever done event coordination type things
      -why do you think you would be good for this job
      (why should we hire you)
      -clarifying on my personality (questions what do you mean)
      -whats your availability
      -how are you at approaching sales

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Friend who worked there got me in. I dropped my resume off and got a call a day later. Met with the front store manager who asked me general questions about my past experience and future career goals.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I first applied online to various locations, and received no reply from any of them. I then attended a job fair the next month where they were hiring people for a brand new store. The interviewer was very nice and there were no unexpected questions - he even commented on how pleasant I was. However, I didn't not receive a call and was not offered a position. But on the same day that I was expecting the call, I received an email from another Shoppers location (one that I had applied to online the previous month) asking for an interview. I had the interview within the next couple days with the Front Store Manager who was very quick and to-the-point. The interview lasted only 10 minutes at the most. I took time answering the questions, which were mostly ones that I was prepared to answer and he wrote everything down. I was the last of the interviews he had and said he would call the next day. Next day I didn't receive a call but an email apologizing as there was an emergency, and for me to call him the next morning. I called and was offered a job as a part-time cashier at five cents more than minimum wage. I accepted and my training started a month later, as there were no training times available during the current month.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they were mostly asking about my past experience. Most difficult: "Name 3 things that you think you would like about working here, and 3 things you imagine you wouldn't like."   Answer Question

Front Store Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Never had an interview, dropped off resumee and kept calling to talk to cash manager. Finally got her on the phone, was told to come in for training. Just keep calling until they get you to come in. If there is an interview, dont expect it to be difficult.