Shoppers Drug Mart

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Friend who worked there got me in. I dropped my resume off and got a call a day later. Met with the front store manager who asked me general questions about my past experience and future career goals.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I first applied online to various locations, and received no reply from any of them. I then attended a job fair the next month where they were hiring people for a brand new store. The interviewer was very nice and there were no unexpected questions - he even commented on how pleasant I was. However, I didn't not receive a call and was not offered a position. But on the same day that I was expecting the call, I received an email from another Shoppers location (one that I had applied to online the previous month) asking for an interview. I had the interview within the next couple days with the Front Store Manager who was very quick and to-the-point. The interview lasted only 10 minutes at the most. I took time answering the questions, which were mostly ones that I was prepared to answer and he wrote everything down. I was the last of the interviews he had and said he would call the next day. Next day I didn't receive a call but an email apologizing as there was an emergency, and for me to call him the next morning. I called and was offered a job as a part-time cashier at five cents more than minimum wage. I accepted and my training started a month later, as there were no training times available during the current month.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they were mostly asking about my past experience. Most difficult: "Name 3 things that you think you would like about working here, and 3 things you imagine you wouldn't like."   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in November 2014.

It took two days to get an answer (that's because they really want someone). Asked basic questions about your work experiences, your motivation at work, your education, and salary. Interviewer emphasized on customer service. It is actually their first priority over there. Be careful about your motives to work there...If the interviewer is easy, you may pass with whatever you say. Interviewer also asked availability and to sign a form (i forgot the name of it).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bay, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

Cashier Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airdrie, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airdrie, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in October 2013.

They called me within 2 weeks of me applying and I went in for an interview the next day. I was hired on the spot and started work the next day. The Front Store Manager who hired me trained me in merchandising first and then the following week I started training on cash and had a wonderful teacher.

Interview Questions
    • Only thing difficult that she asked was what hours I was available for!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Asked me previous experience and why I wanted to work there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

They left a voicemail saying they want an interview. Got the interview, asked the basics, said they still had two other people to interview, they called an hour or two later saying I got the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

The hiring and interview process is on average. Just some behavioral questions and talk for about 20 minutes. No difficult questions. The hiring manager is a pretty good person. First, I get a phone call, then interview face by face.