Shoppers Drug Mart

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is on average. Just some behavioral questions and talk for about 20 minutes. No difficult questions. The hiring manager is a pretty good person. First, I get a phone call, then interview face by face.

North Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

Interview Question – none that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details – Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Interview Question – How much do u expect to earn I'm 10 yrs   Answer Question

Airdrie, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in October 2013.

Interview Details – They called me within 2 weeks of me applying and I went in for an interview the next day. I was hired on the spot and started work the next day. The Front Store Manager who hired me trained me in merchandising first and then the following week I started training on cash and had a wonderful teacher.

Interview Question – Only thing difficult that she asked was what hours I was available for!   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2010.

Interview Details – if your lucky and they need someone you got the job as long as you have a decent resume. most of the time they get alot of resumes allmost each day so its just sitting there in a box

Interview Question – theres alot of fraud with credit cards.. selling gift card is difficult and makes cashiers lives challenging and dangerous.. when questioned by customers dont know what to tell them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i said i live close by so i can come to work in like ten min if they get really busy

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

Interview Details – They left a voicemail saying they want an interview. Got the interview, asked the basics, said they still had two other people to interview, they called an hour or two later saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Why are sewer/manhole covers round?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Question – They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   View Answer

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Asked me previous experience and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – I got called back within 3 weeks and the interview was very easy. Only question really asked was to tell her about myself and what I was doing for school.

Reason for Declining – Other job popped up

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2012.

Interview Details – Dropped off resume in store. Received call 2 weeks later for an interview. I was confident I had the skills to the job. The interview was more whether I could fit with the manager's personality and the store team. After going through many interviews, I finally found my fit.

Interview Question – In your opinion, what is good customer service?   Answer Question

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!