Shoppers Drug Mart Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

The hiring and interview process is on average. Just some behavioral questions and talk for about 20 minutes. No difficult questions. The hiring manager is a pretty good person. First, I get a phone call, then interview face by face.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Bay, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in North Bay, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

Cashier Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Airdrie, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in October 2013.

They called me within 2 weeks of me applying and I went in for an interview the next day. I was hired on the spot and started work the next day. The Front Store Manager who hired me trained me in merchandising first and then the following week I started training on cash and had a wonderful teacher.

Interview Questions
    • Only thing difficult that she asked was what hours I was available for!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2010.

if your lucky and they need someone you got the job as long as you have a decent resume. most of the time they get alot of resumes allmost each day so its just sitting there in a box

Interview Questions
    • theres alot of fraud with credit cards.. selling gift card is difficult and makes cashiers lives challenging and dangerous.. when questioned by customers dont know what to tell them   Answer Question
    i said i live close by so i can come to work in like ten min if they get really busy

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2013.

They left a voicemail saying they want an interview. Got the interview, asked the basics, said they still had two other people to interview, they called an hour or two later saying I got the job.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Asked me previous experience and why I wanted to work there.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I got called back within 3 weeks and the interview was very easy. Only question really asked was to tell her about myself and what I was doing for school.

Other job popped up

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2012.

Dropped off resume in store. Received call 2 weeks later for an interview. I was confident I had the skills to the job. The interview was more whether I could fit with the manager's personality and the store team. After going through many interviews, I finally found my fit.

Interview Questions

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!