Shoppers Drug Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Asked me questions like what my name was and if I was suitable for the position. Also asked about my qualifications and employment history. Asked me if I had any experience and when I'm available.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agincourt, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Agincourt, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called by the front manager for an interview and I felt mind of awkward about the first thing she asked me "are you going to quit your job to join us?" I felt that was demanding? However, we set up a time to see each other and when I had a chance to see her, she did not really answer me any new questions... only the same one on thephone. she just stared at my resume for more than 5 minutes.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Friend who worked there got me in. I dropped my resume off and got a call a day later. Met with the front store manager who asked me general questions about my past experience and future career goals.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I first applied online to various locations, and received no reply from any of them. I then attended a job fair the next month where they were hiring people for a brand new store. The interviewer was very nice and there were no unexpected questions - he even commented on how pleasant I was. However, I didn't not receive a call and was not offered a position. But on the same day that I was expecting the call, I received an email from another Shoppers location (one that I had applied to online the previous month) asking for an interview. I had the interview within the next couple days with the Front Store Manager who was very quick and to-the-point. The interview lasted only 10 minutes at the most. I took time answering the questions, which were mostly ones that I was prepared to answer and he wrote everything down. I was the last of the interviews he had and said he would call the next day. Next day I didn't receive a call but an email apologizing as there was an emergency, and for me to call him the next morning. I called and was offered a job as a part-time cashier at five cents more than minimum wage. I accepted and my training started a month later, as there were no training times available during the current month.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they were mostly asking about my past experience. Most difficult: "Name 3 things that you think you would like about working here, and 3 things you imagine you wouldn't like."   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

It took two days to get an answer (that's because they really want someone). Asked basic questions about your work experiences, your motivation at work, your education, and salary. Interviewer emphasized on customer service. It is actually their first priority over there. Be careful about your motives to work there...If the interviewer is easy, you may pass with whatever you say. Interviewer also asked availability and to sign a form (i forgot the name of it).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled-out paper application, not expecting to be contacted to a cashier in the store. Surprisingly, I was called back like maybe less than two weeks later and they wanted me in for an interview! I was so excited since this was going to be my first job. I showed looking modest, clean and enthusiastic (yet nervous, not anxious). To my horror, right after my interview, he said that the store owner liked meeting new employees as they're hired so I was brought to his office for an official SECOND interview, even my original interviewer from before labelled it as an interview, and it was. But, I was much better prepared for it seeing how I already had my first interview under my belt. The only nerve wracking thing throughout the whole (first/main) interview was the fact that my interviewer was writing down jot notes of what I said for my answers. Basically, they decided that they were going to hire me before calling me for an interview, seeing how I met the store owner directly after my main interview.

Interview Questions

• In what situation were you in a group and you showed/developed leadership qualities?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (North Bay, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Airdrie, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

They called me within 2 weeks of me applying and I went in for an interview the next day. I was hired on the spot and started work the next day. The Front Store Manager who hired me trained me in merchandising first and then the following week I started training on cash and had a wonderful teacher.

Interview Questions

• Only thing difficult that she asked was what hours I was available for!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   1 Answer