Shoppers Drug Mart

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cosmetician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Question – SELL ME THIS PEN.
again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.
  Answer Question

Cosmetician
Aldergrove, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2012.

Interview Details – you get called in and they ask basic questions such as strengths and weaknesses they like to see that you are some what knowlegable about cosmetics say you like to sell and can sell itll be a +

Interview Question – what is your weaknes?   Answer Question

Cosmetician

The process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had a cousin that worked there and since i was in the cosmetology field and looking for employment, she suggested i talk to to the cosmetics manager, which i did. She got a good first impression from me, called me in for an interview, asked me some questions in regards to customer service and basic cosmetics knowledge and i was hired to start the following day.

Interview Question – What would you recomend for a customer with normal to oily skin as a skin care regime and why?   Answer Question

Cosmetician

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2009.

Interview Details – Firsly, the cosmetician manager called me at home and asked me if I was still interested in the position, to which I replied yes. Then, she asked me about my availability and if I was aware that it was also a weekend job. She asked for my age and if I will be going back to school in the fall. After, she asked me to meet with her and discuss more.

Interview Question – What do you have that others don't?   Answer Question

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!