Shoppers Drug Mart Cosmetician Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.0

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Phone call prior to physical interview. Did not extend basic courtesies such as "Are you able to talk now?" or where she got my resume. Overlooked decades of prior experience, including SDM. More and more CM's are parodies of good business practice.

Interview Questions

• Along the lines of setting up a physical interview. Ebullient and assertive. Very few questions; did almost all of the talking. Volunteered that recent hires had been fired due to lack of performance. It is easy to understand why. Performance bar was the highest I had ever heard of, including those in ultra high end stores.   1 Answer

I declined taking it to the next level.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Quick chat. Not a formal interview. They do most of the talking about salary and duties. Very few questions really asked other than why do you want to work here, what is your availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is less than expected. I said what I wanted and they came back $2.00 less with no wiggle room.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this. smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions

• SELL ME THIS PEN. again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.   Answer Question

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Mgr and Cosmetic Mgr. Asked basic questions such as strengths and weaknesses. Also previous job experience. Overall it was a basic interview and I was hired on the spot. I really enjoyed working in cosmetics and getting commission on everything you sell is a bonus.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went out of your way to give good customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have customer service experience you should get paid more than minimum wage.

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldergrove, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Aldergrove, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

you get called in and they ask basic questions such as strengths and weaknesses they like to see that you are some what knowlegable about cosmetics say you like to sell and can sell itll be a +

Cosmetician Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2009.

Interview

I had a cousin that worked there and since i was in the cosmetology field and looking for employment, she suggested i talk to to the cosmetics manager, which i did. She got a good first impression from me, called me in for an interview, asked me some questions in regards to customer service and basic cosmetics knowledge and i was hired to start the following day.

Interview Questions

• What would you recomend for a customer with normal to oily skin as a skin care regime and why?   Answer Question

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2009.

Interview

Firsly, the cosmetician manager called me at home and asked me if I was still interested in the position, to which I replied yes. Then, she asked me about my availability and if I was aware that it was also a weekend job. She asked for my age and if I will be going back to school in the fall. After, she asked me to meet with her and discuss more.