Shoppers Drug Mart

Updated Aug 2, 2014

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Quick chat. Not a formal interview. They do most of the talking about salary and duties. Very few questions really asked other than why do you want to work here, what is your availability.

Interview Questions
Pay is less than expected. I said what I wanted and they came back $2.00 less with no wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Cosmetician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
    smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions
    • SELL ME THIS PEN.
      again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.
        Answer Question

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldergrove, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldergrove, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2012.

you get called in and they ask basic questions such as strengths and weaknesses they like to see that you are some what knowlegable about cosmetics say you like to sell and can sell itll be a +

Cosmetician Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2009.

I had a cousin that worked there and since i was in the cosmetology field and looking for employment, she suggested i talk to to the cosmetics manager, which i did. She got a good first impression from me, called me in for an interview, asked me some questions in regards to customer service and basic cosmetics knowledge and i was hired to start the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recomend for a customer with normal to oily skin as a skin care regime and why?   Answer Question

Cosmetician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in July 2009.

Firsly, the cosmetician manager called me at home and asked me if I was still interested in the position, to which I replied yes. Then, she asked me about my availability and if I was aware that it was also a weekend job. She asked for my age and if I will be going back to school in the fall. After, she asked me to meet with her and discuss more.