Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Asked me questions like what my name was and if I was suitable for the position. Also asked about my qualifications and employment history. Asked me if I had any experience and when I'm available.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Richmond Hill, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke to the manager face to face. Handed in resume. Called me back same night to offer position.

Cosmetician/Beauty Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Really easy interview, super fast after I applied online and sent my Cover letter and CV. I always wished to work at Shoppers since is very close to my place, so I can take care of my son.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral who had been working there for 10+ years so I had known the hiring managers for a number of years. The interview was very easy, mostly just telling me about the positions and asking very simple questions. I was called the day of my interview and asked to come in for an interview (Monday). I was told I would receive a call the next day after they had called my references (Tuesday). I received a job offer finally on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied (to a specific location) online (on a Saturday) and received a phone call and an email from the Store Mngr/Pharmacy Owner two days later (Monday) to set up an interview. Met with the Front-Store Mngr the following morning (Tues), and when I got home from the interview, the Store Mngr already sent me an email offering me the job! And a higher wage than I was getting from my current employer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think this position is right for you?   1 Answer
    • (In comparison to the company I was employed with) Are u prepared and willing to work in a smaller store environment?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agincourt, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Agincourt, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was called by the front manager for an interview and I felt mind of awkward about the first thing she asked me "are you going to quit your job to join us?" I felt that was demanding? However, we set up a time to see each other and when I had a chance to see her, she did not really answer me any new questions... only the same one on thephone. she just stared at my resume for more than 5 minutes.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Candidate profiles are done online. You submit a detailed profile through their online portal. If you meet the criteria, the employer will call you to schedule an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Relate an experience where you had to explain a product or service to a confused customer   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

1st telephone interview 2nd Intetview with hiring director 3rd and 4th interview with directors this rime would support 5th / final interview with VP. The questions were pretty standard and experience based. The hr person was pretty unorganized and forgot to schedule subsequent / next level interviews. Also after 5 interviews it would have been nice to receive a phone / call and or a personalized email advising that they went with another candidate. I received a form letter which I though was quite inappropriate considering I invested several hours in the interview process. I asked the HR recruiter for feedback from the interviewers but did not receive any.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

One phone interview and in person interview. The first one was with the recruiter and the second one with the hiring manager. Needed to know about the company and the role. How you can benefit the company in this role. I showed my degrees and assure her of my contribution to the project. That was not a difficult interview and there was not any routine STAR questions. Just it took a long time for them to reply.

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Phone call prior to physical interview. Did not extend basic courtesies such as "Are you able to talk now?" or where she got my resume. Overlooked decades of prior experience, including SDM. More and more CM's are parodies of good business practice.

Interview Questions

• Along the lines of setting up a physical interview. Ebullient and assertive. Very few questions; did almost all of the talking. Volunteered that recent hires had been fired due to lack of performance. It is easy to understand why. Performance bar was the highest I had ever heard of, including those in ultra high end stores.   1 Answer

I declined taking it to the next level.