Shoppers Drug Mart

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Richmond Hill, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to the manager face to face. Handed in resume. Called me back same night to offer position.

Interview Question – Are you free on weekdays?   Answer Question

Front Store Manager Interview

Front Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2014.

Interview Details – 2 phone interview ,all very positive was told the position will take 4-6 weeks to be filled. Who has thus much time to wait when job searching .online apps are to speed up the process

Interview Question – What was the sakes volume of the last company you worked for . Not one to give out confidential info even if I'm nit working for that company any longer   Answer Question

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Cashier/Merchandiser

Interview Details – they asked the basic questions....why do you want to work here and so on. if you are honest on why you want the job they would be more likely to take you on

Very Difficult Interview

Pharmacy Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department a few hours later. The next morning I had a phone interview. I was told that I would know if I am short listed the next day and if I am successful I will be called for an in person interview by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

Cashier Interview

Cashier
North Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Replied to Ad for a cashier on local Job Bank, brought my resume in personally and got a call the next day for an interview. Went into the interview with Manager. Found the manager condescending. The questions were mostly behavioural and common sense and she wrote down my answers. I didn't get a call back.

Interview Question – none that were unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

P/T Cashier Interview

P/T Cashier
Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, basically hired on the spot. Just wanted to know what hours I could work, and what I expected for a wage, and how soon I could start.

Negotiation Details – none

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details – Multi-stage interview, first started with a basic phone screening, followed by an analytical test. Analytical test had many people being tested at once, basic logic questions. Afterwards was a personality vector test that was completed in their office. Finally there was an interview with managers. Interview with managers was with 3 at once, each in different departments.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was a case study for introducing a new brand in the market, and what effect this might have on Shopper's performance depending on how you introduce the product   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from anothe comany

Assistant Front Store Manager - Process Lead Interview

Assistant Front Store Manager - Process Lead
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring at Shoppers is highly dependent on the Associate/Owner and Front Store Manager, and how they operate. The trend is to have all applicants go through the on-line HR questionnaire at this point. Walking in with your resume isn't likely to land you a job anymore.

Hiring from within is where the majority of applicants come from for this position.

For the most part, include key words that the algorithm will identify, be sure to have applicable experience in the retail field, and be cautious, because the software tracks the number of positions you've applied for, where, and when, so that your digital footprints are set in stone. Also, managers are able to flag your profile in a number of ways, including tossing it to the curbside.

The actual interview is again dependent on the interviewer. Stick to interview 101 and you'll be fine. Stay concrete. Use real examples. Talk about process.

Interview Question – No zingers, really. Just the usual fare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Depending on your experience, and your previous salary/position, you may be able to negotiate. This positions has a wage grid of $14-$23 depending on the size of the store. Small stores won't go above $16 usually.

Pharmacy Assistant
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I applied online, and a few days later, I was notified by the store's pharmacist/owner to come in for the interview. He asked really basic interview questions like "Tell me about yourself, what are some strengths and weaknesses, etc." The whole interview lasted for about 15 minutes. After the interview, the owner notified me that he will keep in touch if I got the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question from my interview was "Taking into consideration all of your past job and volunteer experiences, which one did you enjoy the most and why?"   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – it all depends on if the manager likes you or not. you could even be hired on the spot

Interview Question – basic questions and strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When you could start and availability

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shoppers Drug Mart

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Shoppers Drug Mart Videos

Shoppers Drug Mart – Why Work for Us?

​​​Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story, created by smart, action-oriented and caring people in our organization who recognize needs, innovate services and focus on what’s important. And right now, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoppers Drug Mart interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shoppers Drug Mart employees and interview candidates.