Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

The company called me for an interview.I attended the interview where I was asked for my previous job experience and my qualifications.They asked me for my availability and why i wanted to work for the company.The asked me what motivates me more at work and if I am an easy going person.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department a few hours later. The next morning I had a phone interview. I was told that I would know if I am short listed the next day and if I am successful I will be called for an in person interview by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work as a pharmacy assistant?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

Asked me questions like what my name was and if I was suitable for the position. Also asked about my qualifications and employment history. Asked me if I had any experience and when I'm available.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

An interrogation, and a lecture on why they don't want to hire students, and how everyone she hired was just terrible and unreliable. They do not like to hire students, but those are predominantly the ones looking for jobs in the city, especially retail and evening hours. Its not a job for someone who cannot do physical labor/standing. Cosmetics worked partly on commission. But the interview is her demanding to know why she should deign to hire you, and basically pleading your case. It wasn't a pleasant scenario. My resume is strong, but if you're a student, she will immediately decide you're unhireable. ( it was other staff who begged her to give me a chance)

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, its a take it or leave it job offer.

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very professional

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest recruitment challenge you faced? Who was your most difficult client group?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very respectful

Cosmetician Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in August 2009.

Interview

I had a cousin that worked there and since i was in the cosmetology field and looking for employment, she suggested i talk to to the cosmetics manager, which i did. She got a good first impression from me, called me in for an interview, asked me some questions in regards to customer service and basic cosmetics knowledge and i was hired to start the following day.

Interview Questions

• What would you recomend for a customer with normal to oily skin as a skin care regime and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2009.

Interview

Discovered during the interview that this position was not what I was looking for.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in January 2010.

Interview

great

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then 1 on 1 interview with the Directors and one of the VPs.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a hard staffing problem and staffing forecasting?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to resolve conflicts with team members?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Three rounds:
    Phone interview with recruiter - resume check and behavioural questions
    1:1 with hiring manager - very straight forward role fit test, including technical and personal fit
    1:1 with SVP - high level discussion

Interview Questions

• Give examples when you demonstrate ability to take on initiates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a very detailed assessment/discussion prior to the offer was issued. As a result, it was very thoughtful and competitive. No need to negotiate.