Shoppers Drug Mart

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.4

COSMETICS Interview

Although your interview went well, we went in another direction :/
    Translated mean...?

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   View Answer

Receiver Interview

Called in for an interview with the front store manager and owner. Called back within a week. Your basic interview questions.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

went for one interview

Cashier Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Cosmetician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
    smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions
    • SELL ME THIS PEN.
      again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.

Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Recruiter, phone, technical and manager interview

Easy and simple

Interview Questions
    • What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Multi-stage interview, first started with a basic phone screening, followed by an analytical test. Analytical test had many people being tested at once, basic logic questions. Afterwards was a personality vector test that was completed in their office. Finally there was an interview with managers. Interview with managers was with 3 at once, each in different departments.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a case study for introducing a new brand in the market, and what effect this might have on Shopper's performance depending on how you introduce the product   Answer Question

Better offer from anothe comany

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

it all depends on if the manager likes you or not. you could even be hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    When you could start and availability