Shoppers Drug Mart

Getting the Interview

62 candidate interviews

Cosmetics Interview

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details – Although your interview went well, we went in another direction :/
Translated mean...?

Interview Question – Why I left last position   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – I applied and heard back after about a month. I have many years experience as a cashier and full availability and was confident that I was the right candidate for the position. The questions were very typical such as, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "describe and experience with a difficult co-worker and how you dealt with it", and "describe an experience with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it". I answered all the questions well and couldn't think of any reason why I would not get the position. They then told me that if I was hired, I would be guaranteed 3 hours a week (minimum wage of course) which obviously wasn't ideal but I said it was fine. They then told me they had eight interviews previously that day, and ten more then next day and then they would let me know in about a week. I thought it was pretty absurd to have nearly 20 interviews for a 3 hours a week cashier position, but I did not let them see how ridiculous I thought it was and left with a smile on my face. I didn't get the job, but am glad I didn't because I found another job that guarantees be 30 hours a week that is almost double minimum wage. Funny thing is, I know who got hired for the same position, she used to work with me and got fired after one month, yet I worked in the same company as a cashier for nearly 6 years until it closed and I was out of a job. I don't really understand their hiring methods.

Interview Question – They asked if I was comfortable with photography and wrapping.   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – it all depends on if the manager likes you or not. you could even be hired on the spot

Interview Question – basic questions and strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When you could start and availability

Cosmetician Interview

Cosmetician

I applied in-person and interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Question – SELL ME THIS PEN.
again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.
  Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

Interview Details – Recruiter, phone, technical and manager interview

Interview Question – Did i ever estimated a budget for a project.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Easy and simple

Interview Question – What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   Answer Question

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – went for one interview

Interview Question – how to deal with angry customer   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details – Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Interview Question – How much do u expect to earn I'm 10 yrs   Answer Question

Receiver Interview

Interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart

Interview Details – Called in for an interview with the front store manager and owner. Called back within a week. Your basic interview questions.

Interview Question – N/A all the basic questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Post Office Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview Details – An unusual interview because the only question that was really asked was whether or not I had cash register experience. Most of the discussion centered around what the shifts would be and what the expectations were (keep post office tidy, be polite to customers).

Interview Question – The only question asked was whether I had cash register experience. I was offered the job by phone later in the day. My salary wasn't settled on until a few days after I'd started.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's retail and the hourly rate is the hourly rate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shoppers Drug Mart

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Shoppers Drug Mart Videos

Shoppers Drug Mart – Why Work for Us?

​​​Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story, created by smart, action-oriented and caring people in our organization who recognize needs, innovate services and focus on what’s important. And right now, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoppers Drug Mart interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shoppers Drug Mart employees and interview candidates.