Shoppers Drug Mart

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.4

Promotions Strategy Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2014.

Two rounds and a case. First round with a senior manager for about an hour, mostly just walked through resume and got asked a few brain-teasers (e.g. why put product A on promotion? how to judge effectiveness of promotion?). A business case on promotions followed. The second round was with more senior people and more a fit/character interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1st round interview had some promotions brain-teasers, so understand what the purpose of promotions are within the broader set of corporate objectives.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

The interview process was simple. I applied online, and a few days later, I was notified by the store's pharmacist/owner to come in for the interview. He asked really basic interview questions like "Tell me about yourself, what are some strengths and weaknesses, etc." The whole interview lasted for about 15 minutes. After the interview, the owner notified me that he will keep in touch if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question from my interview was "Taking into consideration all of your past job and volunteer experiences, which one did you enjoy the most and why?"   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

it all depends on if the manager likes you or not. you could even be hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    When you could start and availability

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in April 2014.

First I got a call from a recruiter who was very intelligent and excited, then You get to interview with the Manager of Architecture who was more interested in finding out what do you have to offer but not ready to share any thing about what does the organization offer in terms of career or progress.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were not hard to answer really, pretty straight forward   Answer Question

They offered the same Job as I currently have so there was no incentive

Merchandiser Interview

Easy and simple

Interview Questions
    • What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   Answer Question

Cash Supervisor/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview with the front store manager and cash manager

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember. Just know the Scan Store Policy.   Answer Question

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in March 2014.

I applied for a position online. I was contacted by a recruitment specialist from head office within a few days. We discussed the position that I applied for, and others that I might be interested in. I was not being considered for the position that I had applied for, but the great part was that she took the time to explain why. She then expressed interest for a different position, one she felt was a better fit as well as future opportunities. It was a very positive first contact and we set up a phone interview time for the new position.

The phone interview: It was quite in depth, about 45min. It was a great two way conversation as opposed to a straight question and answer format. I was asked several questions that covered my management style, leadership skills, strengths and weaknesses, problem solving abilities, failures and successes, my career goals. Some questions were basic yes/no answers, others were situations, some required examples, some not. There was a good balance which allowed us to have an interview that flowed very smoothly.

I was notified by the recruitment specialist that my information was sent to a local store and I would be contacted by the Store Manager to set up an in person interview. At the in store interview I was interviewed by both the Store Manager and Owner, primarily the Store Manager. The entire interview was 2 1/2 hours. The interview went well, I was asked many of the same questions and a few different one that pertained to that store specifically. The interview again was a great two way conversation. I was informed by the Store Manager that I interviewed great. Subsequent to the interview I had to complete an on-line questionnaire of approx. 100 questions. I was not offered the position in that store.

This is the great thing that happened: Yes, I was disappointed. I received so much positive feedback that I did not give up and unbeknownst to me neither did they. I contacted the recruitment specialist a few days later by email to have my information sent to another store. Not only had she already done so, she had also spoken to other stores regarding my potential as well. The interview was set up and I met with the Store Manager and Owner. I found out that they received my information from the first store I interviewed in, with recommendation. How great is that?! I experienced a few days of disappointment, to find out that the company itself was trying to find me a job! How great is that?! It was another great interview and two days later I was offered the position! I absolutely accepted!

Good things come to those who wait! This was not a short process, from start to finish, about a month, but did involve head office, more than one store and several peoples schedules including mine. It was well worth the wait! And I can't express enough the high level of professionalism and dedication on the part of everyone involved!

Interview Questions
    • I was fully prepared. I was not asked a question that I found to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I did research on the industry and the company. I explained my expectations based on industry standards, the company and my experience. And I was made a good offer.

Quality Assurance Interview

Recruiter, phone, technical and manager interview

Cosmetician Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
    smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions
    • SELL ME THIS PEN.
      again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing