Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.4

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position online. I was contacted by a recruitment specialist from head office within a few days. We discussed the position that I applied for, and others that I might be interested in. I was not being considered for the position that I had applied for, but the great part was that she took the time to explain why. She then expressed interest for a different position, one she felt was a better fit as well as future opportunities. It was a very positive first contact and we set up a phone interview time for the new position.

The phone interview: It was quite in depth, about 45min. It was a great two way conversation as opposed to a straight question and answer format. I was asked several questions that covered my management style, leadership skills, strengths and weaknesses, problem solving abilities, failures and successes, my career goals. Some questions were basic yes/no answers, others were situations, some required examples, some not. There was a good balance which allowed us to have an interview that flowed very smoothly.

I was notified by the recruitment specialist that my information was sent to a local store and I would be contacted by the Store Manager to set up an in person interview. At the in store interview I was interviewed by both the Store Manager and Owner, primarily the Store Manager. The entire interview was 2 1/2 hours. The interview went well, I was asked many of the same questions and a few different one that pertained to that store specifically. The interview again was a great two way conversation. I was informed by the Store Manager that I interviewed great. Subsequent to the interview I had to complete an on-line questionnaire of approx. 100 questions. I was not offered the position in that store.

This is the great thing that happened: Yes, I was disappointed. I received so much positive feedback that I did not give up and unbeknownst to me neither did they. I contacted the recruitment specialist a few days later by email to have my information sent to another store. Not only had she already done so, she had also spoken to other stores regarding my potential as well. The interview was set up and I met with the Store Manager and Owner. I found out that they received my information from the first store I interviewed in, with recommendation. How great is that?! I experienced a few days of disappointment, to find out that the company itself was trying to find me a job! How great is that?! It was another great interview and two days later I was offered the position! I absolutely accepted!

Good things come to those who wait! This was not a short process, from start to finish, about a month, but did involve head office, more than one store and several peoples schedules including mine. It was well worth the wait! And I can't express enough the high level of professionalism and dedication on the part of everyone involved!

Interview Questions

• I was fully prepared. I was not asked a question that I found to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did research on the industry and the company. I explained my expectations based on industry standards, the company and my experience. And I was made a good offer.

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Recruiter, phone, technical and manager interview

Cosmetician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Its a corporate company...so basically if you have a high school diploma, then you can get a job here.... it helps to have a knowledge of cosmetics and look the part. but some managers arent superficial...but just in case, look like a barbie, and be prepared to sell something random like a pen or a stapler. if you have a competant cosmetic manager, they will not ask you this.
    smile lots and sell sell sell sell sell. thats the focus. make sure you know what the store your applying at, what products they sell.

Interview Questions

• SELL ME THIS PEN.
      again, i have worked at 6 different shoppers cosmetic departments and been only asked this twice...and they werent the brightest people in the world. we ARE not put there to sell pens. DUMBEST question EVER.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Introduced by existing staff so interview is pretty much non existing

Post Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

An unusual interview because the only question that was really asked was whether or not I had cash register experience. Most of the discussion centered around what the shifts would be and what the expectations were (keep post office tidy, be polite to customers).

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was whether I had cash register experience. I was offered the job by phone later in the day. My salary wasn't settled on until a few days after I'd started.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it's retail and the hourly rate is the hourly rate.

Talent Acquisition/Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

Great orientation for new employees with the onboarding session. Very welcoming, approachable and friendly people. Interview questions are fair with many behavioural questions and knowledge and experience with technology. Background or interest in HR a plus.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 interviews. 1with recruiter, 2 with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

went for one interview

Cash Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

very friendly interviewer, fast process which was great for someone looking to start right away and was able to start as soon as i was available which was also great i love everything about this job ! would recommend it to anyone looking for a great job. Interviewer asked great questions and answered my questions accordingly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate

Receiver Interview

Interview

Called in for an interview with the front store manager and owner. Called back within a week. Your basic interview questions.