Shopping.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst
Brisbane, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shopping.com in December 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of my first interviews out of college. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was called for an onsite interview. The schedule given to me was very detailed with the exact names, titles and time with each interviewer, although it seemed like all the interviewers were not informed of the interview. One of them did not even take a look at my resume before coming in and another didn't show up. The people were friendly and the questions asked were very relevant to the position. They understood that I did have prior work experience and asked me questions accordingly. 3 people interviewed me of which one of them interviewed from London on phone for about 45 mins. They gave their response the very next day and asked me to come in for a second round 2 weeks later. That was the fastest any company has ever called me after an interview and I really appreciate that. (The waiting can be very torturous!) One of the interviewers from the first round was scheduled to interview me again in the second and he was kind enough to call me and let me know how to improve. The second round was with 3 other people and one person from the previous round. It was more exhausting than the first as expected. Most questions were technical and involved a lot of thinking. I thought I did well but received a rejection email the next day. Again, it was good that they gave the result fast. I would have liked to get a detailed feedback but they gave a general response that they found someone more suitable for the position. Overall, it was a good company and people were very friendly. Almost every interviewer asked me if I wanted to take a break or wanted something to drink. I would have loved to have gotten that job.

Interview Question – What is the market for tennis balls in your city?   View Answer

Worked for Shopping.com? Contribute to the Community!