Shopping.com

Shopping.com Interview Questions

2.4

Financial Planning and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shopping.com in July 2012.

Received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had some pretty basic interview questions such as what is your greatest accomplishment, how do you deal with difficult people, what do you feel is your weakest point.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you have a deadline to meet and you need some co-workers on another team to get something done for you.   View Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shopping.com in December 2010.

This was one of my first interviews out of college. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was called for an onsite interview. The schedule given to me was very detailed with the exact names, titles and time with each interviewer, although it seemed like all the interviewers were not informed of the interview. One of them did not even take a look at my resume before coming in and another didn't show up. The people were friendly and the questions asked were very relevant to the position. They understood that I did have prior work experience and asked me questions accordingly. 3 people interviewed me of which one of them interviewed from London on phone for about 45 mins. They gave their response the very next day and asked me to come in for a second round 2 weeks later. That was the fastest any company has ever called me after an interview and I really appreciate that. (The waiting can be very torturous!) One of the interviewers from the first round was scheduled to interview me again in the second and he was kind enough to call me and let me know how to improve. The second round was with 3 other people and one person from the previous round. It was more exhausting than the first as expected. Most questions were technical and involved a lot of thinking. I thought I did well but received a rejection email the next day. Again, it was good that they gave the result fast. I would have liked to get a detailed feedback but they gave a general response that they found someone more suitable for the position. Overall, it was a good company and people were very friendly. Almost every interviewer asked me if I wanted to take a break or wanted something to drink. I would have loved to have gotten that job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market for tennis balls in your city?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shopping.com in February 2010.

Had 7 interviews, 6 of them were technical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Find the least common ancestor of two nodes in a BST   Answer Question
    • How would you pass arbitrary number of arguments to a C++ method   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shopping.com in April 2011.

Job was advertised as a GM with a 70% business development focus. Managing the company with a total of 2 employees.

Very poor interview process. The HR manager was poorly presented and very ill-informed about the job. They did not like my sales back ground and questioned my management ability even though I had managed my own business with 7 employees. I felt like I was poorly judged from the beginning for no good reason.

The GM even walked out before the end. Given my background working for tier 1 organizations at an enterprise level. I also heard from the recruitment agency one candidates first interview was with the 2 potential employees.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shopping.com in September 2009.

I spent less than five minutes with the interviewer before he decided i was incompetent.
    He insulted me as I left.

Interview Questions
    • How does one transfers the DOM with-ought using element IDs   View Answer