Shoprite Supermarkets

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

1.7

Food Service Associate Interview

Initial interview was conducted by HR personnel in the store. Went for about 10-12 minutes and were no surprises or trick questions. Was initially hired for non-foods grocery until a time conflict made that position impossible. Was then called back by head of HR who really understood my financial situation and asked if I would be interested in Food Service position, despite having no previous professional cooking experience. I am glad she went the extra mile and asked instead of just leaving me still searching for another job.

Cashier Interview

Apply online, they call you at set up interview. Dress semi formal for interview. They ask about you, what your strengths are and go over your job requirements.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

-Applied online
    -After about one week, another store (not the one I applied for) called me and I went in
    -Asked a few questions and hired me on the stop after a few short minutes
    -I decided to accept even though it was a far drive for me

Interview Questions
    • None- it was the easiest interview of my life, they even told me (verbatim) "We are DESPERATE for cashiers so tell all your friends to apply here"   Answer Question
    They just told me that they start everyone at minimum wage so I accepted because I was desperate for a job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Not bad at all. Asked the basic questions, why do you want to work here? why do you think you would be a good fit? are you in school? what school? college? how log do you plan on working here if accepted? Can you recommend something we can improve on?

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

I was called by the hiring manager and asked to come in the next day for an interview. It was a really easy interview. She asked a few questions about what I think describes good customer service and then hired me on the spot. It was a positive experience overall.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

Pretty easy. About standard. Nothing more than any other job interview for similar job level. Hell, this box is more of a hassle than the job interview was. It seems to want more than I have to write. This job interview for Shoprite is not so intense that it needs so much written about it.

What positions were available.

Bskery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in September 2014.

Called back within 2 days on phone interview then in person interview then a group interview ask a bunch of ? Abt work experience talk abt how you can be a asset to company

Hours

Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in August 2014.

Didn't really have an interview. I showed up at Shoprite one day and someone asked me if I wanted a job. I got kinda mad at the lays because I had applied to Shoprite three times already and they hadn't called me back once. And I told her that. She asked me a couple questions right there, and I got offered the job right then and there.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. General questions were asked like my name and phone number and where I worked before.   Answer Question

Overnight Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in August 2014.

At least one interview with department manager and supervisor. Not always offered position that you were applying for. Most times offered position that is lower in pay. Not real specific on job requirements of benefits. Find out after hiring that there are no real benefits for part-time employees.

Interview Questions
    • Not asked and real difficult questions except for lapse in work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets.

I waited about an hour for the interviewer to get to the job. She was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I told her it was my first job, and she was very open to that. Asked me my strengths and weaknesses, What being in a team means to me.

Interview Questions
    Few Cents Over Minimum Wage.