Shoprite Supermarkets

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in May 2011.

I applied online. Within 3-4 days the HR representative called me to set up an interview for the following week. The interview is 1:1 and takes approx 20-30 minutes. Standard questions for a cashier. At the time that I was interviewed (2011), they performed drug tests via cheek swab. As of right now (Septermber 2014), I've been informed that they no longer perform drug tests. Once the drug test came back 2 days later, I was offered the job. I started the orientation process later that week. All in all, from the time of submitting my application, to the time that I started orientation, it took no longer than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important: customer service, or maintaining the rules of the company?   View Answer
    There's really no negotiation. They're flexible maybe so far as $0.50. At least for the cashier position, most people will start with minimum wage, or $0.50 - $1.00 above it.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shoprite Supermarkets in August 2009.

You really need to call them back because they won't even pay attention to your application. Once you call to ask for the status of your application and leave your name, they will see that you are interested and most likely get an interview. Interview question are basic interview questions:
    Why do you want to work for us?, How would you benefit us? etc..

They will tell you right there if you got the job or not because they do the drug test right there and then. A week after you come in for orientation :)

Interview Questions
    • Do you want this position temporary or permanently? I thought it was odd but looking back I guess it was cause it was summer at the time :P   Answer Question
    No I was in high school at the time , with no job history so they offered minimum wage.