ShoreTel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ShoreTel in December 2012.

Interview Details – After a phone screening I was asked to come in for a 1.5 hour technical interview.

First Round:
The process took place in a conference room with a panel of two. It's bad enough being interviewed by a panel instead of one-on-one, but this couple really made sure I was uncomfortable throughout the whole process. The more senior person was very full of himself and loved to hear himself lecture on how he still remembers what a linked list is, and the other guy (who never smiled a day in his life) made it very clear he just did not like me. The questions themselves were about Fibonacci, trees, database design.

They made me feel so bad, that for the first time in my life I actually wanted to up and leave right there and there. But somehow I did get a call back.

Second Round
It was more of the same. At the end met senior for soft ball questions.

To complicate the bad experience the recruiter was terrible and very unresponsive. After leading me to believe that I was going to get an offer she went MIA for days and when she finally got back to me she sent me a cryptic email about "organizational changes" and that's the last I heard from her/them.

Very unprofessional throughout the whole process.

At the time I was upset, but a few months after I found a MUCH better job. I'm thrilled I didn't get stuck in such a hostile environment.

Order Administration Specialist Interview

Order Administration Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview Details – The process was quick and efficient. I felt that they communicated expectations and what was needed before the interviews and the next steps that would be taken. There were multiple interviews, but felt that it was very wise to have some of the team interview the candidate to evaluate if they would be a good fit overall for the job and the team.

Interview Question – It was a little challenging to be interviewed by a panel of current employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told over the phone that I was offered the job and received an official letter to accept the job very shortly after I was notified.

Corporate Recruitment Interview

Corporate Recruitment
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ShoreTel in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very detailed and professional. I first interviewed with a corporate recruiter, set two I interviewed with a peer recruiter and the third was with the Dir. of Staffing

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions difficult   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tech Specialist Interview

Tech Specialist

Interviewed at ShoreTel

Interview Details – The recruiter was efficient and friendly, and the whole process was done within 3-4 days. I didn't like having to negotiate an hourly vs. salary/bonus pay rate. I didn't like the process section where I had to read through a lot of policies before my first day. It took much longer than expected, and was very tedious.

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview Details – We hire the best candidates from other networking companies like Juniper, not sure what else is needed in this section. If you are from any of the networking companies it would be easier to get in.

Negotiation Details – Yes a bit on the stock that did not do well

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ShoreTel in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for via indeed website. Called back within 2 days.

Interview Question – Technical question on networking   Answer Question

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Linux Systems Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ShoreTel in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interviews, In Person interview, and a Hands on Practical that isn't too tough if you know what you are doing.

Interview Question – The hands on test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview Details – Standard multi-tiered interview process with recruiter, Director, VPs and peers. As part of the process you must research, prepare and execute a sales presentation to a panel of interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing uncommon.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

Interviewed at ShoreTel

Interview Details – Fairly non-technical phone interview focused on my resume. Within a few days had an onsite interview with a few interviews with members of the team I would be working with, where they asked some fairly easy technical questions. This was followed by a sort of "cool-down" chat with the recruiter to relax and talk about how things went. Received an offer a few days later by phone.

Interview Question – If you were interviewing me, what question would you ask me?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online - interviewed at ShoreTel in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 4 rounds. The first interview was the hardest and included a tough technical question. The rest of the rounds were not as difficult and consisted mostly of background checks on my resume and courses learned in school, simple programming questions, and thinking questions. The hiring manager did mention at the end of the interview that they would contact me within a week to report their final decision, and the travel coordinator mentioned during the phone call that I would be reimbursed for paying for my flight to their company. Since the interview, I have not received an e-mail from the company about their final decision and plan for reimbursement, and I have been contacting them every single week. If you plan to fly over to this company for an interview, MAKE SURE that they set up your flight itinerary instead of booking your own ticket.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShoreTel

Worked for ShoreTel? Contribute to the Community!