ShoreTel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter went really well. She was very friendly, professional, and made me feel completely at ease. After that call I was very excited about the position. Second interview, not so well. First appointment, I took time off work and then sat by my cell phone for an hour waiting for a call from hiring manager. Turns out, she called my home phone number over an hour before our scheduled interview time. Rescheduled for the following week.(all scheduling was conducted via email,) This time we connected, but she did not have my resume in front of her, had not reviewed my portfolio prior to the call (submitted ,pdf samples and an online portfolio), and had another meeting scheduled during our appointment which cut our time short. Seemed like she was distracted the entire time. Was not asked to move to next stage, which was okay because I was not at all impressed with the hiring manager and would not have accepted another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Customer Engagement Manager (CEM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Sr. Recruiter. He is one of the nicest people I've ever met and we had a great conversation! I then also completed a detailed writing exercise, 2 more phone interviews & then 4 in person interviews. Long process, but very positive! Great company!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that was your biggest success? Then followed up with tell us about a project/ account that was not a success and why it was not. How did you deal with each situation.   Answer Question

I received an offer for a higher level position that was closer to my home.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

Applied online and was called by recruiter who later sent bunch of questions to be filled. Once that was done a technical interview was scheduled with hiring manager. This man was really rude from the beginning. He asked few SQL question and as I was telling him that we will use row_number etc...looked like he was a alien to windowing functions. Very rudely he said why would you use that , the whole experience was so horrible that I wanted to hang up. But somehow I thought that may be they are testing my patience and this is the test. Anyways, afterwards I did not bother to follow up nor did they came back.

Interview Questions

• How would you find duplicates in a table?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went well. I applied online and received an e-mail for a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had an interview with the hiring manager. When I was asked to come in for an on-site interview, I interviewed with 4 different people. It was great because no only did they ask about my skills and abilities, but also interpersonal questions. The whole process took about a month and was painless.

Order Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process was quick and efficient. I felt that they communicated expectations and what was needed before the interviews and the next steps that would be taken. There were multiple interviews, but felt that it was very wise to have some of the team interview the candidate to evaluate if they would be a good fit overall for the job and the team.

Interview Questions

• It was a little challenging to be interviewed by a panel of current employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told over the phone that I was offered the job and received an official letter to accept the job very shortly after I was notified.

Tech Specialist Interview

Interview

The recruiter was efficient and friendly, and the whole process was done within 3-4 days. I didn't like having to negotiate an hourly vs. salary/bonus pay rate. I didn't like the process section where I had to read through a lot of policies before my first day. It took much longer than expected, and was very tedious.

Negotiation

Fair.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

We hire the best candidates from other networking companies like Juniper, not sure what else is needed in this section. If you are from any of the networking companies it would be easier to get in.

Negotiation

Yes a bit on the stock that did not do well

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Would rate Very Good – Even though interviews were have to be done remotely from US but was done extremely well as per time with good planning and time zone that mostly good for India team.. All the rounds were conducted quickly.

Interview Questions

• Interviews went pretty well.. They were asking what's in your resume and some of them more to do with what strategies for productivity improvements..   Answer Question

Negotiation

No issues..

Corporate Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was very detailed and professional. I first interviewed with a corporate recruiter, set two I interviewed with a peer recruiter and the third was with the Dir. of Staffing

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

Standard multi-tiered interview process with recruiter, Director, VPs and peers. As part of the process you must research, prepare and execute a sales presentation to a panel of interviewers.