Showa Denko Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Showa Denko

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended two time interview. In the 2nd interview talking about salary and I agreed to the amount though lower than my expectation. Received an encouraging email after 2nd interview asking about whether I can really start working on the set date (which I said yes) and if I have bond with my current company which I answered no. But still didnt get a job. I think it's difficult for foreigner without any Japanese skill (even though they said they provide language training).

Interview Questions

• No technical question for me. Only asking about my skill, my study.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showa Denko (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

This was an interview for a research position in Showa Denko, Japan. 2 interviewers and one of them clearly knew his stuffs and asked a lot of questions about my research experience. It started off with a short, less than a minute, introduction of myself and the rest 80% was about my knowledge in Chemistry, ranging from things related to my honours project to asking if I know anything about organic synthesis and others. After testing me on my knowledge, the HR proceeded to ask if my family will be okay with me working in Japan, if I am bonded to any company in Singapore. Very simple questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Kedah (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showa Denko (Kuala Kedah (Malaysia)) in April 2010.

Interview

It goes well but i did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• what position do you want?   1 Answer
    • what do you like about japanese?   1 Answer