Showtime Networks

www.sho.com

Showtime Networks Interview Questions

2.4

Production Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Showtime Networks.

Applied online, then was contacted by HR to email the Director to set up a phone interview. Interview was very helpful and applicable, and the Director was very down-to-earth. He was conversational and the information was accurate. After that he said HR would contact me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you are interested in the entertainment industry   Answer Question
    they gave me one day to decide

Sales and Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks.

I applied online and a week or so later received an unexpected phone call from a woman in HR at Showtime. It was to conduct a phone screening. This would determine if I would get a phone interview with the sales and marketing director. A few days later i received an email regarding when the best time for me to do a phone interview would be.

I was well prepared for the interview but found that not too many questions were asked and it was more informational about the position. I ended the call a little unsure of how things went.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Spoke with HR on phone, then was brought in for an interview with HR and the hiring manager. During the in-person conversation with HR, HR person said "I *am* going to have you meet the hiring manager..." as if it had been discussed that not meeting the hiring manager was an option. If that was the case, HR should have communicated that so I could have decided whether taking off work for a day was worth possibly not even meeting the hiring manager.

Neither hiring manager nor HR returned follow up emails, which is simply rude. And more so, is simply bad customer service. I have now canceled my subscription to Showtime solely due to their lack of common consideration. If someone takes time off work to come in for an interview, literally the least you can do is email them a response saying "You are not being considered" or whatever.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks.

I went through the HR person first. Then, the second round involved meeting the Director and Research Manager.

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Showtime Networks.

Was informal. When I arrived everyone from the department came to greet me and sat around the conference table during the interview. It seemed like more and more people kept showing up during the interview to ask me questions and hear my answers. I liked this because it showed my future comrades cared about what i had to say and the future of franchise.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. They just want to get to know you and talk about your experience.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Showtime Networks in June 2013.

It's quick turn around in all process. First telephonic then ask me for face to face. Good questions to find my abilities and talk to QA manager, Development manager and Business manager. This job supporting Business team complete the testing and data reporting to research team and higher management.

Interview Questions
    • I got a question from dev manager on writing a suedo code for given requirment. I didn't expected this question to QA people. But I am from developer background I handled well.   Answer Question
    Not much of negotiation with client as it was a contracter job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interviewed for several different positions. Several people had similar experiences, where they were not hired for the original position for which they applied. Met with HR, then met with hiring manger and the SVP of the group. Pretty laid back interview discussing experiences and qualifications. No real behavioral questions. Single interviewer each time. Once the process started, everything moved rather quickly.

Interview Questions
    Went back and forth several times with HR. They increased the pay by 4%.

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks in June 2010.

Positive experience applying and interviewing. Got called for, and interviewed for a temporary position which I did not get, but the human resources department kept my application and wound up contacting me again when another similar temporary opening came around. Wound up getting it that time and within months I got hired into the job full time with benefits. Great interviews all around, both with human resources and my department hiring manager. Everyone was friendly, informative and responsive which is a nice change from some of the major media companies I have interviewed and worked for. I was very wary about committing to a full time job at a new media company based on my bad past experiences but my work/ life and benefit questions here were always answered throughout the interview process and I personally feel lucky to be here.

Interview Questions
    • Name a work accomplishment you are the most proud of   Answer Question
    • Most important factors I was considering in the next company I would work at? (paraphrasing)   View Answer
    salary not as high as some other companies but they are still fair and worth the great work environment. I also started as a temporary employee so other advice is do not shy away from taking a temporary gig. It can possibly turn into something long term.

Licensing & Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks in April 2010.

After applying to numerous marketing and sales related positions I received an email from the hiring manager about 6 weeks after applying to the specific position of Lic & Merch Cooordinator. A phone interview was first, which went well and then an in-person interview, which I thought also went very well. Then, I never heard back. I had to inquire a few times and finally received an email stating they "went with another candidate". While I was disappointed, It was only for temporary contract where I was wanting more of a permanent commitment. I replied "no harm done" and perhaps "we could stay in touch" as a networking request and I was ignored. I then tried to reach out to same on LinkedIn and was also ignored. I was shocked by the lack of professionalism from this specific Showtime manager, especially as a representative. I felt deceived that what I had experienced up to that point wasn't authentic and I was saddened because I love the Showtime brand personally. Most folks are there a very long time so I have to think that maybe this manager is an anomaly. I would still welcome the opportunity if it was a match.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked questions really at all. I actually felt like I was controlling the interview both on the phone and in-person. It was a little odd.   View Answer

Vice President, Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Showtime Networks in August 2009.

I was recommended by a friend, and my hiring and interview process was one of the smoothest, easiest processes to land a job I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    I would go for more money coming in the door. I didn't, because I really wanted the job, but since you may be there for years you want to start out at the highest level you can.