Shred-it International

Shred-it International Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Shred-it International in November 2014.

I first met with the Branch Manager and then the District Sales Manager for around 30 minutes each. More of a back and forth discussion with the Branch Manager. More structured questioning from the Sales Manager. Pretty standard interview questions.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shred-it International in September 2014.

The interview process is EXTENSIVE. They are looking for a candidate that already knows how to sell. So, if you are entry level, don't bother.

The first interview was a brief phone conversation with the recruiter. The recruiter asked very little and then talked a little bit about salary and day to day and then said she would move me on to the sales team leader.

The second interview was a face to face interview with the sales team leader. I drove out to Long Island. The sales team leader was a good guy. Open, honest. Talked about KPI reports, sales goals, day to days, expectations, etc.

The next step was a ride along where I spent the whole day with two different Sales Executives. Talked about the role, expectations, career goals, and money. THIS IS UNPAID. So, don't take the day off if you can't afford it.

I had a final interview in Parsippany with the Senior Sales Manager. The conversation seemed to have went well. Talked briefly again about sales expectations and the role. He asked me if I had any questions for him. I said, "At this point, from the ride along and from the conversation with the Sales Team Leader, I had all of the information I needed to know that this is the job I wanted and that I was ready to get started making something of this opportunity." I guess it was the wrong answer.

I'm definitely very confused as to why I did not receive an offer but I can say that if I candidate asks for an explanation as to why an offer wasn't extended, the professional thing to do would be to give a response.

GM Interview

Drug test, background check, PI screening

n/a

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shred-it International.

Weak and was a Joke.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel and relocate? (unexpected but not difficult)   View Answer
    Lets just say that jobs are not available and something is better than nothing.

District Manager Interview

interviewed at Shred-it International in August 2013.

District Manager- I spoke with HR and had a very positive experience with both the explanation of the position and culture of the company.
    My next interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. We had spoken on the phone and set up an interview time. He was coming from Washingtin DC area and the interview was to take place at their office in Bensalem, PA. I got to the interview early to find out he was not there that day and had no plans to be at the office.the receptionist called him and he informed her he has called me to reshedule. I never received a call. Also, he told her he would be calling me later that day to reschedule. I never heard from him and I never received. the whole experience was very unprofessional.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shred-it International.

The hiring and interview process has changed since I was hired. They currently have a 90 day probationary period. During that period, they provide some training, but you are expected to begin producing sales as soon as possible. They have a ramp up program for commissions and bonuses.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions. They want you to cold call and teleprospect daily.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shred-it International in October 2012.

The initial interview is tough. Sales is tough. You need thick skin. So be prepared to be shot down. Over come indifference. Demonstrate your own features and benefits. Emphasize discipline and organization. Fight for the position as you would fight for the job. If you demonstrate some very basic skills, you can be coached. If you are a veteran to sales, just have a conversation, brag where you need to, support when you can.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the sales process. If you are new to sales, prepared be stumped.   View Answer
    Its pretty much, here is what you will make, take it or leave it.

District Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Shred-it International.

The hiring process took nearly 10 weeks from phone call to on-boarding.

Interview Questions
    • Would I accept a lower salary than was initially posted for the position.   View Answer

Unprofessional operational management and recruitment personnel

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shred-it International in January 2012.

quick process multiple interviews want you to get out and start selling as soon as possible not an in depth process just looking for motivated self starters to hit the phones and streets to push document destruction

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Shred-it International.

Applied online. Director immediately called two days after said was interested in booking an interview bright and early the following day at 9am. Panel of three interviews. First interview was more questions about if you fit in with what they want, generic questions: your past experience, behavioural questions etc. E.g. describe a time when you had to multitask? Describe a time when you had to do presentations etc. Then there was a hands on excel test: vlookups, & statements, pivot tables etc with another interviewer. She also Wanted to know if you have server experience, more technological questions Last interviewer had business/general question about your team work, work ethics etc. Overall the team sounds amazing!! After the interview they sent a personality test for you to complete at home.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the phrase you can catch a bee with more honey or vinegar? which one would you say you are and give an example in your experience.   Answer Question

Another offer