Shred-it International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

Met with Sales Manager first. Then 2nd interview with Branch Manager. Then would not return calls or emails for status. Very unprofessional. This is comical because they said they are trying to gain a more professional image. Fail !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lost to the competition and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shred-it International (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on the spot. Interview went well so I thought.Very nice people .Warm and friendly to a new face. Very welcoming, Described a lot of things that are involved in this particular position such as filing, accounts, billing, etc...

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this field   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shred-it International in January 2015.

Interview

This was a very expedited interview process. From initial interview to offer letter it took under 2 weeks and this was with me interviewing with 3 managers and going on 2 field rides. They knew that I was interviewing with other companies and didn't want to lose me to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me the highest salary possible for the position due to my tenure and prior sales experience.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Shred-it International in November 2014.

Interview

I first met with the Branch Manager and then the District Sales Manager for around 30 minutes each. More of a back and forth discussion with the Branch Manager. More structured questioning from the Sales Manager. Pretty standard interview questions.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shred-it International in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is EXTENSIVE. They are looking for a candidate that already knows how to sell. So, if you are entry level, don't bother.

The first interview was a brief phone conversation with the recruiter. The recruiter asked very little and then talked a little bit about salary and day to day and then said she would move me on to the sales team leader.

The second interview was a face to face interview with the sales team leader. I drove out to Long Island. The sales team leader was a good guy. Open, honest. Talked about KPI reports, sales goals, day to days, expectations, etc.

The next step was a ride along where I spent the whole day with two different Sales Executives. Talked about the role, expectations, career goals, and money. THIS IS UNPAID. So, don't take the day off if you can't afford it.

I had a final interview in Parsippany with the Senior Sales Manager. The conversation seemed to have went well. Talked briefly again about sales expectations and the role. He asked me if I had any questions for him. I said, "At this point, from the ride along and from the conversation with the Sales Team Leader, I had all of the information I needed to know that this is the job I wanted and that I was ready to get started making something of this opportunity." I guess it was the wrong answer.

I'm definitely very confused as to why I did not receive an offer but I can say that if I candidate asks for an explanation as to why an offer wasn't extended, the professional thing to do would be to give a response.

GM Interview

Interview

Drug test, background check, PI screening

Negotiation

n/a

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shred-it International (Miami, FL).

Interview

Weak and was a Joke.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel and relocate? (unexpected but not difficult)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lets just say that jobs are not available and something is better than nothing.

District Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Shred-it International in August 2013.

Interview

District Manager- I spoke with HR and had a very positive experience with both the explanation of the position and culture of the company.
    My next interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. We had spoken on the phone and set up an interview time. He was coming from Washingtin DC area and the interview was to take place at their office in Bensalem, PA. I got to the interview early to find out he was not there that day and had no plans to be at the office.the receptionist called him and he informed her he has called me to reshedule. I never received a call. Also, he told her he would be calling me later that day to reschedule. I never heard from him and I never received. the whole experience was very unprofessional.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

The hiring and interview process has changed since I was hired. They currently have a 90 day probationary period. During that period, they provide some training, but you are expected to begin producing sales as soon as possible. They have a ramp up program for commissions and bonuses.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions. They want you to cold call and teleprospect daily.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shred-it International (Saint Rose, LA) in October 2012.

Interview

The initial interview is tough. Sales is tough. You need thick skin. So be prepared to be shot down. Over come indifference. Demonstrate your own features and benefits. Emphasize discipline and organization. Fight for the position as you would fight for the job. If you demonstrate some very basic skills, you can be coached. If you are a veteran to sales, just have a conversation, brag where you need to, support when you can.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sales process. If you are new to sales, prepared be stumped.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its pretty much, here is what you will make, take it or leave it.