Shriners Hospitals For Children

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer

Interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children

Interview Details – Straightforward, you approached the researcher individually

Interview Question – What are your academic goals and how does research here align with your academic goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children.

Interview Details – Internally referred. Process took 2 months,

Interview Question – I interviewed with all the docs on the team   Answer Question

RN Care Coordinator Interview

RN Care Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hired as PRN to open new Rehab/Subacute wing. Liaison for new patients being transfered to facility from acute care hospitals.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult ones...just background info on prior management and case management positions.   Answer Question

Materials Management Interview

Materials Management
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was a good experience. I interviewed with the department head and the section supervisor. They asked a few background questions and then told me about some of the requirement about the job. They then went on to ask if I was either familiar with or would have any problem completing them. They even showed me the area to get a better understanding of the work required.

Interview Question – Most questions were generic, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Medical Records Tech Interview

Medical Records Tech
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resumé and cover letter; also had a recommendation by current employee. It took a month (maybe 2) before HR contacted me for a phone interview. Talked with department manager on the phone and she invited me to come for an in-person interview. Found the medical records department to be very quiet and full of extremely focused and dedicated employees and volunteers. Felt immediately at home as I chatted with another medical records tech and other department employees. Did background check paperwork during in-person interview. Sent a thank-you note and was offered the position a week or two later. Was asked to go for drug test almost immediately after the job offer. Found HR department to be extremely organized. Fantastic experience.

Interview Question – Did you find it difficult to pass the Notary Public test?   View Answer

CNA Interview

CNA
Portland, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in March 2012.

Interview Details – First met with supervisor. Then met with two co workers.

Interview Question – If you have a child crying, a doctor requesting you get a supply and a nurse asking for assistance what do you do first?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the pay was too low for my experience

Childlife Volunteer Interview

Childlife Volunteer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children.

Interview Details – Two interviews; one phone, one in-person with two people. Very friendly, training provided. Vaccinations required.

Interview Question – Questions about patient confidentiality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours and days.

Worked for Shriners Hospitals For Children? Contribute to the Community!