Shure Interview Questions

2.9

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shure in July 2014.

I was first contacted via email to coordinate a phone screening with the Human Resources recruiter. Once the phone screening was coordinated I had my job interview and we talked about my previous professional and academic experience. The person that interviewed me was very polite and put me in communication with the Communications Manager for another phone screening where we talked about specific job requirements, upcoming projects, and also very importantly salary expectations. A week passed and I was contact once more via email by the Human Resources recruiter to let me know the Communications Manager and the department Director wanted to meet me personally. When I arrived at the office, it was a very pleasant experience. Everyone was very professional and all my questions were answered.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the one thing that will make this job position difficult for you?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shure in June 2012.

1-HR phone screen. 1-hour phone conversation with hiring manager. Four 1-hour onsite interviews with hiring manager, director, team member, and HR. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the company culture. Shure is a collection of people who are passionate about the quality of the products they make and the relationships they have with customers.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shure in March 2013.

Phase one, I was contacted by phone and informed that an opening in the internship program that might interest me was open and encouraged me to submit. Phase two, phone interview about what my familiarity with the company was, interests outside of school and work, background in music, and computer skills. This was acceptable and I was invited in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with the HR rep, my eventual boss, his boss and another colleague in our department. There were descriptions of the position, responsibilities, and they asked briefly about job-related skills and my comfort with the software programs that I would be using and then some small talk about interests. I was informed in advance that they were employing a "behavior-based" interview style, i.e. "how did you react to a situation that didn't play out as you expected?" "What is a time you dealt with failure and how did you overcome it?" and "How do you approach multiple projects with tight deadlines at once?"

Interview Questions
    • "What is a time you dealt with failure and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Shure in February 2014.

Initial application on their website. My first interview was via webcam. It was not a live video interview, but rather I had to record my responses to their pre-recorded questions. My second interview consisted of three consecutive 30-minute behavioral-based interviews on-site. They told me I would hear back within two weeks. At the end of three weeks, they finally called me. They told me I couldn't have done anything better, but they went with someone with more experience. Too bad I wanted to internship in order to finally get some experience...

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time in which you used a creative approach to solve a problem.   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Shure in January 2014.

The interviewers are a senior engineer and a HRP. The HRP mainly asked behavior questions like why Shure, why this position, what's your music background and do you play any instrument. I do hope the senior engineer could asked more technique questions but he only picked several projects in my interview and asked for description.

Automated Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shure in August 2010.

Luke Ferran and Ray Jersey were to the point and focused on skills needed to perform the task of building there complex automated test fixtures. Jill Willis was very helpful in hooking me up with a contract agency to bring me in there company in a short time. They were very organized, to the point and didn't ask any unnecessary hr. type questions. This might be because I networked in through Luke and he new and understood my long background and what I could do.

Interview Questions
    • What experience did I have with frequency and RF applications.   View Answer
    Jill Willis the HR person called and said that they want to bring me aboard .I gave the HR person a range that I was looking for and they gave me the top of the range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shure in April 2010.

I applied for the position online by submitting my resume and a cover letter. I received a call for an interview within a week. The interview process began with a 20 minute phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a formal interview.

The formal interview was actually four interviews which each lasted for about 30 minutes. I met with people from HR, a future co-worker, my department manager, and then the head of that division. Each person was personable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to review and critique a document without any other context.   Answer Question
    As an intern, I didn't feel like there was a lot of flexibility with the offer; however, the initial offer was quite generous.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Shure in December 2011.

Applied on-line and called the recruiter whose name was listed on the reply notification email. After much back-and-forth about salary requirements, because they were concerned my previous salary was "too high", I told them I was going to start doing volunteer work full-time if they didn't interview me soon. I had several phone discussions with the HR person and one 2-hour phone call with the hiring manager. There was no question about my being over-qualified for the position, but I was really interested in the company because of their innovative products, and reputation for retaining employees thru good benefits and a great work environment. I had worked 70+ hours/week in my previous job and told them I was willing to do that again for Shure. When they finally scheduled the on-site interview, the hiring manager sent me a large spreadsheet to analyze. The questions were ambiguous and although I did my best, he did not respond to questions prior to the interview. When I arrived for the interview, my first meeting was with an engineer who appeared to be falling asleep while I was answering his questions. My impression was he was the "talent" and I would be "serving" him. I next talked with the hiring manager, the HR manager, a person who works with the supply chain group, and a manager of planning. They all emphasized how important it was to "befriend the right people" or you wouldn't get anywhere at Shure. The test I was sent by the hiring manager turned out to be a trick question. At one point he asked me how I felt interviewing over the holidays, since it must be very depressing, especially since I wasn't that qualified for the position! I think he wanted me to cry, but I didn't fall for it. I thanked everyone profusely for the opportunity to interview, but the last straw came when the planning manager told me I had mis-represented the name of my degree. This was absolutely false and I of course have the degree to prove it. Overall it was a very hostile interview, designed to make the job-seeker feel worthless, and I was very surprised after all of the great things I'd heard about Shure. I left the interview knowing I wouldn't want to work there under any conditions. As an aside, the salary they quoted for the job is about 25% of the industry average. What is going on with this company????

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interviewing for this position when you're not qualified for it?   View Answer

DSP Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Shure in April 2010.

I interviewed for the position of a DSP engineering intern. I was asked questions about my background experience and relevant coursework. I was also asked behavioral questions such as my biggest strength, weakness etc. Overall the interview was very general.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting a purely technical interview but I was asked a host of behavioral questions which threw me off guard.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Shure in April 2010.

Informational and Behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Worked for Shure? Contribute to the Community!