Shusaku Yamamoto Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 21, 2014
15 interviews

3.4

Technology Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto.

After receiving initial acknowledgement from the company I received 3 written test (comparison of key points between two patent forms), a skype interview . At this point I had to confirm my continued interest after receiving wage details. Another round of testing and a final telephone interview which included the owner himself was conducted and they made their final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Most important thing to a private company   View Answer

Technology Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in October 2013.

Received a circular email about the position. Emailed resume, cover letter and transcript. Given first writing assignment within 24 hours from submission. 7 days to complete. Had to outline differences between 2 documents - pointing out what is new or different from the older science/method. Difficult.

Next stage was to fill out a technology competence survey and provide personal details. Then given details about package, housing, salary etc., 1 week later, had the second writing assignment had to be done in 48 hours which was agreed prior to the assignment.

About 3 days later, had a skype interview. - about an hour long. Questions were mostly about how to handle different situations - a lot of follow-up questions based on the answers that I provided. Did not progress after this stage.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle someone was not pulling their own weight on the team that you were in?   View Answer

Biotech Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in August 2013.

Applied from company website after seeing circular email from department head. Company's careers website had extremely helpful explanation of application process, hints and tips and interview questions. FAQ page very informative and answered all questions.

Submitted CV with transcript (as requested) and given first writing assignment. Had 7 days to complete a comparison between 2 patent documents. After first assignment, answered a tech familiarity survey and provide personal details - typical of a background check. Second writing assignment had to be done in 48 hours. I could choose the date/time of the assignment.

About 3 days later, had a skype interview. - about an hour and half long. Had to answer questions about resume and document submissions. Interviewer was very candid about long and tough work hours and that they were not hesitant to dismiss those who fail probation. Most difficult part of interview was the situational questions. Was told to give more concise answers.

I had a third writing assignment and it had to completed in 24 hours. i could choose the date/time of the assignment. Tough and difficult. Probably the reason why I did not make it for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest unjustified criticism that your work received and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tech Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in June 2013.

Emailed resume and covering letter. Firm Career website gives very specific and clear instructions to tailor cover letter and notes about application process.
    Completed 2 writing assignments of reviewing scientific literature and patent documents.
    Had to outline differences between technologies described in the documents.
    Technical field was difficult.
    First assignment had a week to complete. Second assignment had to done in 48 hours.
    Provided detailed information and documents for conflict of interest check and technology familiarity questioniare. Received comprehensive details and information about position, living arrangements, etc.. Company's FAQ page is very detailed and informative.
    Had a skype interview (about 1 hour long) questions. Did not make the finalist shortlist.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a tough assessment from your academic supervisor?   Answer Question

Biotech Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in August 2013.

Responded to the ad on my university careers page and emailed resume.

Company's FAQ page is the most extensive and complete that I have ever read. Company's careers website had in depth explanation of application and interview process, tips for success and even sample interview questions. The entire process shadowed the description and although my questions were not identical but they were in a similar vein and the company's website really helped.

First step was a writing assignment. Had one week to complete a comparison table between one scientific article (about 8 pages long) and one patent document about 40 pages long). After first assignment, had to submit additional documents (like transcript, subject familiarity, personal details). Second writing assignment (both documents were about 40 pages each) had to be done in 48 hours - a little tougher.

1 week later had a skype interview. - about an hour long. Personal, behavioral questions - having to describe past actions in response to unexpected situations and how one handles different situations. Final telephone interview was short (about 4 questions). Had 6 days to consider offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when your conclusions were challenged by your lab supervisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when your schedule is interrupted? Give an example of how you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Please relate an example of a specific occasion in which you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree   Answer Question
    Starting terms are non-negotiable. Only start date is flexible.

Technology Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in July 2013.

The interview experience was pleasantly challenging! The FAQ and careers page had answered all questions that I had. There were 2 written assignments and the technical level of difficulty was a little tough. The first assignment had to be completed in a week and the second within 48 hours. There was an exchange of information and documents and the accomadation, salary package and map to the living arrangements were provided. Had a skype interview with behavioral questions. I also had the opportunity to ask questions and the interview ended on a very good note. Unfortunately, I did not get the position, I have to be fair and say that the interviewer was extremely polite and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Did you believe that you deserve the grades that you got in university?   Answer Question

Technology Specialist Interview

Submitted .CV, transcript and covering letter
    Did 2 writing assignments of comparing scientific literature and patent pointing out differences. Difficult subject matter. Had a skype interview and questions were situational and behavioral-based. Interview was about an hour long. Discussed about details about employment, law firm long hours, difficulties and reasons why employees failed probation or were dismissed. Told to read through company FAQ page.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you did not get better grades in university ?   Answer Question

Patent Technology Specialist (Bio/Electric) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto in September 2012.

Applied through website. Had to provide extensive background information, transcript.
    2 writing assignments.
    First tel. interview had an informal and conversational tone - about 1 hour long.
    Wanted to make sure you are going to work hard, know what you are getting into with the different work culture, lifestyle and the different expectations of work/life balance, and that you can write persuasively and coherently.
    Your experience and qualifications will be highly scrutinized, do not pad your resume, you will be exposed.
    Seemed very particular about recruitment.

Tech Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto.

Basic. Did a writing test having to compare 2 documents and write the differences in a table within 1 week. Requested transcripts and background information. Had a preliminary telephone interview. They asked about my background, why I am interested in patents and why I wanted to work in Japan. Then they asked me to some hypothetical case situations - if X happened, what would I do. It was about a 30 minute call. I wasn't very into this position, so I didn't prepare for this interview. After talking to them, I found that this job needs you to spend lots of time reviewing and analyziing and writing documents

Paralegal Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Shusaku Yamamoto.

submitting transcript, writing sample and basic information. writing test which involved summarizing a list of items. received lenghty information detailing salary, housing information, insurance, health insurance and tax rates. Screening telephone interview (about 40 minutes long) and hiring telephone interview (10 min). had a weekend to consider offer.

Worked for Shusaku Yamamoto? Contribute to the Community!