Shutterfly

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview Details – It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted to come in for an interview. Originally I was scheduled to meet with 2 people and the manager. I met with one rep and the manager. I came in with a copy of my resume and the interview schedule. The representative I met with was professional. She had 5 interview questions on a piece of paper. I thought the interview had gone well until I met the manager. The manager appeared very unfriendly-she did not smile or make eye contact. The interview with her only lasted about 10 minutes. I got the feeling she decided not to hire me as soon as she walked in the door, even though I was asked questions like "This position will move very quickly-when can you start?". Subsequently I did not hear back from TinyPrints, even after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, which is now marked as "closed" on the JobVite site. I would not recommend this company to others. Pay is very low and there was mention of having to work 7 days a week during the holiday season.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you gave out too much information?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter with Shutterfly contacted me on the phone after I applied at a subsidiary of Shutterfly, called Tiny Prints. She did most of the talking telling me about the company and the position. The recruiter seemed pretty impressed and she was enthused to have me move forward with the next step, which would have been a phone interview with the hiring manager. She emailed me the following four days letter:

"We want to thank you for taking the time to connect with us for a position here with Shutterfly/Tiny Prints. We carefully reviewed your background and experience, and though we do not have a position that is a strong match with your qualifications at this time, we will be keeping your resume active in our database..."

Too bad I couldn't at least get an interview with the hiring manager first. My only guess is she Googled me or spoke with a former employer who blackballed me because I was very qualified and at least should have had a chance to bomb in the actual interview before receiving that letter.

Interview Question – N/A This was not applicable because I never actually received an interview. It was a simple phone screening telling me about the company and position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shutterfly

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!

Shutterfly Videos

Shutterfly – Why Work for Us?

How many jobs help you celebrate new babies, parties, weddings, reunions, a trip to Disneyland or the Roman Coliseum... all in the same day? How many jobs help make people smile from ear to ear and shed tears of joy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shutterfly Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Shutterfly employees and interview candidates.