Shutterfly Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

1.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shakopee, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Shutterfly in August 2014.

I directly contacted the in-house staffing agency that handled all or most (?) of the hiring. Interviewed with Shutterfly supervisor that day. Job offered the next afternoon. Very easy process, and very quick, as they were in a hurry to staff their new facility. It is technically a "contract" position, hired by the staffing agency to work for Shutterfly, but they claim there is the opportunity to stay on and become an official hire by Shutterfly. Staffers and supervisors have been very transparent about what the position is and what they expect of those employed in this position.

Interview Questions
  • Interview consisted of questions related to customer service work experience: type, ability, and technology used.   Answer Question
Hourly wage not negotiable. Shifts (work hours) are selected at random during training (within a range of pre-disclosed time blocks).

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Shutterfly.

It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2012.

I was contacted to come in for an interview. Originally I was scheduled to meet with 2 people and the manager. I met with one rep and the manager. I came in with a copy of my resume and the interview schedule. The representative I met with was professional. She had 5 interview questions on a piece of paper. I thought the interview had gone well until I met the manager. The manager appeared very unfriendly-she did not smile or make eye contact. The interview with her only lasted about 10 minutes. I got the feeling she decided not to hire me as soon as she walked in the door, even though I was asked questions like "This position will move very quickly-when can you start?". Subsequently I did not hear back from TinyPrints, even after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, which is now marked as "closed" on the JobVite site. I would not recommend this company to others. Pay is very low and there was mention of having to work 7 days a week during the holiday season.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gave out too much information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2011.

A recruiter with Shutterfly contacted me on the phone after I applied at a subsidiary of Shutterfly, called Tiny Prints. She did most of the talking telling me about the company and the position. The recruiter seemed pretty impressed and she was enthused to have me move forward with the next step, which would have been a phone interview with the hiring manager. She emailed me the following four days letter:

"We want to thank you for taking the time to connect with us for a position here with Shutterfly/Tiny Prints. We carefully reviewed your background and experience, and though we do not have a position that is a strong match with your qualifications at this time, we will be keeping your resume active in our database..."

Too bad I couldn't at least get an interview with the hiring manager first. My only guess is she Googled me or spoke with a former employer who blackballed me because I was very qualified and at least should have had a chance to bomb in the actual interview before receiving that letter.

Interview Questions
    • N/A This was not applicable because I never actually received an interview. It was a simple phone screening telling me about the company and position.   Answer Question

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!