Shutterfly Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, then if you pass that you go to their hiring agency and take a test on a computer. (Mine had a ton of glitches on the questions). You have to score an 80 or higher in order to go to the next interview which is an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• In three words, how would you describe yourself? What is the difference between a search engine and a web browser? What is your availability and if I was willing to work 12 - 14 hour days? Have I ever had any felonies/ misdemeanors? Have I ever used live chat/ email to respond to customers? The test at the hiring agency was 50 questions - most multiple choice. However, a lot of the questions were "check all that apply". So, some were a little tricky to answer. I had to construct an email as well as take a typing test.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was awesome. One of the best I have had. Very simple and laid back. The whole process was quick and simple. I had one phone interview and the. Had to take a online assessment. One day later I was called for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the steps on how you would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the starting pay durning the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Short was interviewed by a supervisorvery that talked most of the time. It seems like all he wanted to do is to hear himself. 2 bs interview was done immediately after and also a phone screen you need to pass all 3 to be offered a position. The most difficult one was the phone screen since you knew its fake but you had to pretend it's real. The most question I was asked is how to make PB&J sandwich

Interview Questions

Didn't like the pay, was way to low compare to other companies in the area with the same position. It's a temp job for holiday only through a man power company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

I directly contacted the in-house staffing agency that handled all or most (?) of the hiring. Interviewed with Shutterfly supervisor that day. Job offered the next afternoon. Very easy process, and very quick, as they were in a hurry to staff their new facility. It is technically a "contract" position, hired by the staffing agency to work for Shutterfly, but they claim there is the opportunity to stay on and become an official hire by Shutterfly. Staffers and supervisors have been very transparent about what the position is and what they expect of those employed in this position.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of questions related to customer service work experience: type, ability, and technology used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage not negotiable. Shifts (work hours) are selected at random during training (within a range of pre-disclosed time blocks).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted to come in for an interview. Originally I was scheduled to meet with 2 people and the manager. I met with one rep and the manager. I came in with a copy of my resume and the interview schedule. The representative I met with was professional. She had 5 interview questions on a piece of paper. I thought the interview had gone well until I met the manager. The manager appeared very unfriendly-she did not smile or make eye contact. The interview with her only lasted about 10 minutes. I got the feeling she decided not to hire me as soon as she walked in the door, even though I was asked questions like "This position will move very quickly-when can you start?". Subsequently I did not hear back from TinyPrints, even after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, which is now marked as "closed" on the JobVite site. I would not recommend this company to others. Pay is very low and there was mention of having to work 7 days a week during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you gave out too much information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

A recruiter with Shutterfly contacted me on the phone after I applied at a subsidiary of Shutterfly, called Tiny Prints. She did most of the talking telling me about the company and the position. The recruiter seemed pretty impressed and she was enthused to have me move forward with the next step, which would have been a phone interview with the hiring manager. She emailed me the following four days letter: "We want to thank you for taking the time to connect with us for a position here with Shutterfly/Tiny Prints. We carefully reviewed your background and experience, and though we do not have a position that is a strong match with your qualifications at this time, we will be keeping your resume active in our database..." Too bad I couldn't at least get an interview with the hiring manager first. My only guess is she Googled me or spoke with a former employer who blackballed me because I was very qualified and at least should have had a chance to bomb in the actual interview before receiving that letter.

Interview Questions

• N/A This was not applicable because I never actually received an interview. It was a simple phone screening telling me about the company and position.   Answer Question